PDA

View Full Version : Boat storage.. pull or store??

GASHGAZER
02-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Hey everyone.... doing a little preliminary research here and was wondering how many of you tow your boats to Havasu, and how many just store it there. Also what sizes are you renting and for how much. I'm just looking into if it's worth building something (storage complex with a private club on top) or just continue beaching in the channel and drink beer and suck on the CO2. Personally I store mine in a 40' bay for $172/month
Your input will help... Thanks :)

CEO
02-16-2004, 03:24 PM
I'm using London bridge storage 12x34 135 per. 26' DCB

dimarcobros
02-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Towing sucks. We store one in our garage at our place in Havasu and the other boat in storage. We need a bigger place.:D :rolleyes:
DMB

GASHGAZER
02-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Is London Brige Storage a good secure place?? Sounds like I'm getting bent over for my storage... I keep mine at Desert Harbor, over behind Walmart. Do they have lights in the unit and electricity and water?? I might have to see if they have an open unit if they do.

Lightning
02-16-2004, 03:35 PM
I store my boat. I look at it this way. With all the wear and tear towing puts on your truck as well as the increased chance of getting a ticket, paying for storage makes it worth while. You get to the river faster and get home faster which ='s more time for boating.
The one thing that sucks, you can't work on your boat and spend quality time with it when it's not in your garage.

NastyOne
02-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Lightning
The one thing that sucks, you can't work on your boat and spend quality time with it when it's not in your garage.
Ha! Thats funny because I know how you feel. I also like to look at and poke around my toys even when they arent being used.

25 Eagle
02-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Covered slip with a Hydro-Hoist gets my vote. Nothing like that down there?

LUVNLIFE
02-16-2004, 07:18 PM
We would prob store but we go so many diff places besides the river. Plus short trips. Sure would save wear and tear and you can drive faster though.

THATJEFFGUY
02-16-2004, 07:40 PM
Store It !! I keep my 26' in Ft. Mojave. That way if I decide to go to Lake Mohave OR launch at Park Moabi, I'm halfway between either place. I'm paying $100/mo. and they put it away, all I do is drop it off, and call before I wanna pick it up.

THOR
02-16-2004, 07:56 PM
I pull. I like to chill and leave late at night or early in the morning. Plus, with the little one, I dont do many hi speed runs to the river any more.

Rod-64
02-16-2004, 09:54 PM
I get the best of both worlds............I store it at Campbell Brothers on Acoma AND since I'm only 45 minutes away I can go down and work on it and wash it. There's electricity and water. Got me one of those double halogen lights with the stand deals and I can work at night as well. Got a shower and bathroom (albiet not the cleanest around). After a full day on the lake getting pounded by beer and heat, it's so nice to pull the boat literally around the corner, back it in, shut the door and head home. Pulling it up 3000 feet, emptying it out and covering it up is no fun when your totally wiped out.

mbrown2
02-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Store....43x14, $175 a month

Sun burners
02-16-2004, 10:27 PM
Tow it to HAVASU, Then STORE it!

MagicMtnDan
02-16-2004, 11:08 PM
There are certainly plenty of people here who are paying a lot of money each month to store their boats. That gives me an idea - why don't you all get together and buy a piece of property, build your own storage units and rent out the other units while getting a tax deduction and the best possible storage units?
You're paying enough money each and if you get enough folks interested in doing it (set up a corporation?) you're all set. Just an idea...:confused:

MASTERKENDOG
02-16-2004, 11:14 PM
I store at River Toys in Needles. Right off the 40 fwy and I can go north to laughlin/lake Mojave or south and it's Havasu. It pays to store it. Time, wear and tear, gas mileage and ,ah, gas mileage! Steve who runs the place is way cool. Call him up and it's ready, drop it off and he takes care of it. He also fixes anything. I had a tail light out on the trailer when I dropped it off, went home, came next weekend and he replaced it with a perfect match! My buddy showed up with his boat and we were all B.S'n and my buddies prop had a few dings on it, Steve filed it down and fixed it right there!! He also cleans the boat when it's been sittin' fer awhile, lifted my lowrider boat trailer, greases the trailer wheels, details boats, free ice, etc...I just ask him how much or flip him a $20. He can't be beat. $4. a foot to store. Full trailer length, not the boat!
Hope that helps ya!!1
MKD!

Kachina26
02-17-2004, 06:21 AM
Campell boats, right next to Windsor ramp. Just went up to 135 mo for a 30' unit. 24 hour security guard, mercruiser authorized service, and any other service you can think of for a small fee. Launch, retrieve, pick u up at the airport...................

Rod-64
02-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
There are certainly plenty of people here who are paying a lot of money each month to store their boats. That gives me an idea - why don't you all get together and buy a piece of property, build your own storage units and rent out the other units while getting a tax deduction and the best possible storage units?
You're paying enough money each and if you get enough folks interested in doing it (set up a corporation?) you're all set. Just an idea...:confused:
I'd be the first one to do that.:cool:

Up 4 River
02-17-2004, 11:15 AM
I keep the boat at Kemper Storage in Parker 26 x 10 space cost me $65 per month. It also save wear and tear on the truck.

Havasu Cig
02-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
My uncle tryed to build a storage facility out there and had problems with the city trying to get it approved. They have a house and several lots in havasu, but got the feeling the city did not want any outsiders getting into the storage business. He finally gave up.:confused:

roln 20s
02-17-2004, 12:33 PM
check out BoatBays.com. This is owned by a board member and definately seems to be a premier storage facility in Havasu. Maybe KC will chime in and give any more info if needed.
Roln 20s

phuggit
02-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Been storing in Fort Mojave for last five years. Lone Star RV & Boat Storage $90.00 a month for a 25' deep garage unit.
One more month and hopefully the Havasu shack will be finished and I'll store it there.