PDA

View Full Version : superbowl streaker..interview

hoolign
02-16-2004, 05:12 PM
I wonder what it pays though
Super Bowl Streaker
~HumpDay Edition~
Serial streaker Mark Roberts said today that Janet Jackson’s controversial moment of right breast nudity “stole my thunder” at the Super Bowl.
Roberts, 39, from Liverpool, streaked on to the pitch just before the second half of play on Sunday night.
He managed to do an Irish jig and the Moonwalk before being clobbered by a player and carried off the field by police.
Roberts said he ran on the pitch in Houston, Texas, dressed as an American Football referee, moments before the second-half kick off.
He tugged away his “uniform”, which was held together with velcro, leaving just a strategically-placed plastic American football and a baseball cap.
“The guy was lining up to take the kick. He just looked totally confused,” Roberts said from his hotel room in Houston.
“I was there, naked, apart from a plastic American football over my nether regions held on with Sellotape, doing a Riverdance in the middle of the Super Bowl, and nobody was coming after me.
“The two teams were looking at each other, trying to work out what was going on, so I started to Moonwalk.
“Then I started doing crazy body poses – and that’s when the whole of the Houston police department came chasing on the field.
“I took off on the chase. One player tried to tackle me and I dodged him and a second ran into me and gave me a shoulder charge. He was huge. I spun like a top.”
Roberts was carried off the field by several police officers and later charged with trespassing. He will have to appear in court in Houston on Monday.
He said police officers were more amused than angry at his stunt during the game in which the New England Patriots narrowly beat the Carolina Panthers.
Officers even asked him to sign copies of his rap sheet, which showed his mugshot and fingerprints.
It was the first time Roberts has streaked in the United States.
So far, he has worn his birthday suit at the Wimbledon MenÂ’s tennis final in 2002, the Grand National in 1996 and on ITVÂ’s This Morning in 1995, when he ran on to the giant weather map on the Thames.
The former church handyman, from the Kensington area of Liverpool, has had other conquests in Hong Kong and Thailand. In all he has streaked 300 times.
He calls himself a “professional streaker” and says he has advertising deals in Europe.
But his exploit at the Super Bowl was the highlight of 11 years of going naked.
“It’s huge. I don’t think I’ll ever do anything else like this. What can you do to better the Super Bowl?” he said.
“I love the adrenaline rush. It’s unbelievable. I plan a stunt weeks, maybe months in advance and get everything together.”
Roberts said he had not had time to speak to his family since the Super Bowl.
“I think my mum is secretly proud, although she doesn’t say it to my face,” he said.
He had received scores of interview requests and Playboy magazine has asked him for an interview. His moment of glory was also shown on late night US talk shows.
RobertsÂ’s only regret about the Super Bowl streak was that it was overshadowed by Janet JacksonÂ’s own moment of exposure.
Her half-time performance, which ended with Justin Timberlake tearing her top to reveal her right breast, has caused uproar in America.
Broadcasting regulators have ordered an inquiry and called the display during the family event “crass”.
“She took my thunder. If she hadn’t done that I would have been front page material,” Roberts said.
Courtesy of:
the scotsman

JetBoatRich
02-16-2004, 05:37 PM
seen him on ESPN last week, they did a 10 minute special with him:rolleyes:
Strange
Yesterday they did one on the guy who used to run around with the John 3:16 signs, Rainbow Man.
He is in jail serving three life sentences when he kidnapped the maid in Orange County. He had some issues, he does regret the fact he turned down the plea and would have been out of jail by now:(

79 HUSTLER
02-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Saw that same show the other day Rich. Seems like he has a few screws loose. I bet he really wishes he would have taken that plea bargain since his case did not receive the media like he had thought it would have. He sure did make his appearance noticed at alot of event. KELLY

JetBoatRich
02-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by 79 HUSTLER
Saw that same show the other day Rich. Seems like he has a few screws loose. I bet he really wishes he would have taken that plea bargain since his case did not receive the media like he had thought it would have. He sure did make his appearance noticed at allot of event. KELLY
It liked like jail mellowed him a little, he had quite the mustache back in the 70's. The tantrum he threw in court was funny:rolleyes: not violent just kinda like a kid.