PDA

View Full Version : Didja Hear the News?

MagicMtnDan
02-18-2004, 05:47 AM
We're on "Stormwatch 2004"
Here in SoCal we don't get much rain. And when the weather forecasters call for rain then I know we're in trouble because, for the most part, these folks can't predict that the sun will rise. Seems like everytime they tell us a storm is coming we get nada, zip, zilch.
We need rain and lots of it. And when we finally do get rain the talking head weathermen/women on TV are always quick to tell us how far behind "normal" precipitation levels we are for the year. We're never ahead of the "norm." From what I've seen they don't even know what the normal amount of rain for a year is.
"Stormwatch 2004" - Rain is such "big news" here that just the prediction of rain brings out the "Stormwatch 2004" headlines on TV news shows. And all they talk about is how bad it's going to be for the land that was burned in the fires. Yeah, it COULD be bad IF we get a LOT of rain. Why don't they stick to REPORTING the news instead of worrying about what could be?
Every winter in SoCal it's the same old thing - not enough rain, folks get excited about any mention of rain, no one can drive if it does rain and there are always plenty of accidents and some mudslides to report on when it does finally rain.
In SoCal, rain is always something we need and, like sex, we always (almost anyways) need more than we're getting. :D
I'm always wanting rain because it's tough to go boating when the water levels in the lakes are down... :(

LASERRAY
02-18-2004, 05:56 AM
Stormwatch '00, and Stormwatch '98. But remember the Granddaddy of them all : Stormwtch '92.
I'm not sure if I get more "enjoyment" out of "Stormwatch (insert year), Firestorm (insert year), or whatever it is they want to hype today. L.A. News Sucks period.;) :D

JetBoatRich
02-18-2004, 06:03 AM
It is funny how they do this, we get a couple hours to a day of rain:) meanwhile east coast can move of the weather:eek: who has it worst you would ask sometimes:rolleyes:

Kachina26
02-18-2004, 06:10 AM
And when they least expect it and say nothing we get deluged.

Hud
02-18-2004, 06:21 AM
Up here in the North part of the state its been raining for 3 days. K-Flat got 3 inches in 24 hrs, lots of wind also! accuWeather.com

Laveyman
02-18-2004, 06:39 AM
I've always HATED that STORMWATCH --- crapola! For the most part, whatever rain we get in So Cal isn't a storm at all. It's just friggin rain you news morons!!! If they want to see storms, go to the midwest or east coast during spring & summer. Now thems some serious storms!!!

MagicMtnDan
02-18-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
It is funny how they do this, we get a couple hours to a day of rain:) meanwhile east coast can move of the weather:eek: who has it worst you would ask sometimes:rolleyes:
Huh? :confused:

NorCal Gameshow
02-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Huh? :confused:
I think we're goin' to need a
Jbr decoder ring ...:D
the storm watch in so-cal always makes me laugh....
it's been raining hard all night here...pool's overflowing, it figures, it's my day off.:(

Jordy
02-18-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm always wanting rain because it's tough to go boating when the water levels in the lakes are down... :(
I kinda figured it would be tougher for you to go boating with no boat. :p :D :D :D

Salty Cracker
02-18-2004, 08:04 AM
I would love to see it snow in So Cal and just stay home and watch everyone freak out!!! :devil:

AquaBoogie
02-18-2004, 08:31 AM
The last time it rained here, they hyped it up so much. You would have swore it was the mother of all storms coming.

dr. margarita
02-18-2004, 08:47 AM
Hey Magic, considering the fires last fall, especially in your neck of the woods, lot's of rain = disaster. Light rain this year = miracle!

MsDrmr
02-18-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Salty Cracker
I would love to see it snow in So Cal and just stay home and watch everyone freak out!!! :devil:
That would be the safest place to stay,,is at home. half the people can't drive when is sprinkles much less rains,,help us all if it were to snow,,,,sit in front of the window and laugh our a**es off at the idiots on the road...sounds like fun to me.

Dave C
02-18-2004, 09:19 AM
Are you guys saying that the news is sensationalistic in their coverage? I'm am shocked....;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-18-2004, 02:04 PM
That's the problem with the fourth branch of our gov't. They make news rather than report it, the other three branches are busy trying to hide the real news they're making!

rivercrazy
02-18-2004, 02:47 PM
I think that is why that have "watch" in the title. So you "watch" out for the storm that never comes! If it really was going to rain they would just simply call it "Storm 2004":D

Kilrtoy
02-18-2004, 02:50 PM
I got drizzled on today.....

Havasu_Dreamin
02-18-2004, 03:17 PM
IT'S RAINING! THE WORLD WILL SOON COME TO AN END!!!!!!!(at least that is what the news channels want you to think) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fourspeednup
02-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Is it supposed to rain this weekend? I'm going back to Ventura for a giant family gathering of souls:rolleyes:

LASERRAY
02-18-2004, 03:30 PM
And Ya Gotta Love That "Team Coverage"! :D :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

PlyaPlya22
02-18-2004, 04:32 PM
I agree, how many people does it take to cover a rain storm??? The same number it takes to tell you your an asshole....1:D :eek!:

Krazy K
02-18-2004, 06:01 PM
You want rain??? Come up here and take ours!!! I've had enough of it!!!! God, I sure miss the weather of SoCal!! We're lucky to have 3 months of summer! (of above 75 degree days) We're in the high 40's and low 50's right now. Probably won't start being in the 60's until about April-May.

MagicMtnDan
02-18-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
I kinda figured it would be tougher for you to go boating with no boat. :p :D :D :D
OK, how's this: **** YOU Jordy

Jordy
02-18-2004, 06:25 PM
Nope, you figured wrong. Unlike you I have friends. :p
I know you want me off this board because I don't own a boat. But if that was necessary then you'd have to kill yourself because you don't own a brain. :D :D :D
Gee Dan, you sure told me. How old are you? 4?
Jordy <------ just sittin' here shakin' his head. :rolleyes:

NorCal Gameshow
02-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Nope, you figured wrong. Unlike you I have friends. :p
I know you want me off this board because I don't own a boat. But if that was necessary then you'd have to kill yourself because you don't own a brain. :D :D :D
damn dan, wifey was looking over my shoulder and read your post...now she's shakin' her head...:D :D

j-rod
02-18-2004, 06:56 PM
I alway like when the news goes for a live shot of the strom coverage and it's not raining:rolleyes: and then tell ya it's not raining now but it was about -- minutes ago!

LUVNLIFE
02-18-2004, 07:14 PM
They do the same thing for the wind. I was on my way home when we lived in Simi Valley. I stopped at the top of the pass to get gas. It was windier than an SOB, Santa Ana style. As soon as I get out anews lady and her camera man come over to me. Really bored and uninterested she asks me about the wind and if I had any problems coming over the pass. I said no it's just wind. She replies alright and walks away. When I get home the wife has that channel on and they are still there. She finally cornered someone to talk about the wind and how hard it was to come over the pass, you really have to know how to drive and BSBSBSBS. Of course now the anchor, on camera, all enthusiastic and concerned. Blah blah:yuk: