PDA

View Full Version : Aftershock Boats, HELP!

Curious George
02-18-2004, 08:48 PM
I am looking into buying an Aftershock boat and was wondering if you knew anything about them. I know they are fairly new and want to know more about haul design, durability, resale value, ets. Thanks.

BoatFloating
02-18-2004, 08:55 PM
I'm sure you will get a bunch of intresting responses. Take them for what they're worth. Listen to the people who have the boats and there are a few on here that have them like Scuba Steve and bordsmnj to name a few. What is your price range and boat you are looking for.

boatnam2
02-19-2004, 07:10 AM
pm bordsmnj he is a 21ft shockwave owner.

Essex502
02-19-2004, 09:27 AM
If you're in the Aftershock price range you might want to take a look at the Laser line of boats.

BoatFloating
02-19-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
I think you meant a Aftershock owner.
Essex, give the reasons to why you think Laser over Aftershock I'm sure he would like to hear opinions.

Essex502
02-19-2004, 01:32 PM
I have to admit honestly that I haven't any experience with Aftershock but do have a lot of experience with Laser's owners as they also own Essex. Essex and Laser boats are truly fine boats. That's not to take anything away from Aftershock - just stating an option in the approximate price range.

boatnam2
02-19-2004, 03:17 PM
i mean he owns a aftershock.

Mandelon
02-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Curious George are you buying a pre-owned one?
If you want to know are they a good brand....then you should be satisfied. From what I have seen and read about the boats and the company they are a good value, well built and have a pretty good reputation.
There are cheaper boats, as there are better built but more expensive boats. I'd say they are in the middle of the pack qualitywise as compared to the other Performance boats.
Certainly way better than the everyday production boat. There are many Aftershock owners on here and they do like their boats.

twistedpair
02-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Can't find the thread, but recently a member was getting a boat from Aftershock and when it came out of the mold, the gel scheme was not as he had ordered. I'm not sure how much (if any) bitching was required, but after he pointed out the problems, Aftershock built him a new boat. Sounds like a Stand-up builder to me!

bordsmnj
02-19-2004, 07:38 PM
no, the problem was aftershock built him EXACTLY what he ordered. it was a communication thing. two color fade is a two color fade. if you want it blended through three four or five colors yuh just gotta say so. No big deal. yeah i 've said it before and i'll say it agian i'm absolutley stoked on my boat. got A LOT of boat for the money. Aftershock definantly did not forget about me after they had my cash. i drop by there from time to time to bug them and check out what's coming out of the molds. always a nice experience. What model boat are you looking into?:D

syke-o
02-20-2004, 09:07 AM
i just bought a used Laser and have taken it to Elsinore a few times and so far so good... the boat has clean lines and is decently fast with the motor package. With the 350 it sees about 63... The selling point for me was the rear integrated swim step, perfect for chillin out on in the channel:D :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
Bite your tongue Jim!! Shockwave?!?!?! As if!! :rolleyes:
Just kidding Shockwave peeps.. :D :D

Sleek-Jet
02-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by BoatFloating
there are a few on here that have them like Scuba Steve and bordsmnj to name a few.
Don't listen to anything Scuba Steve says. :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
Don't listen to anything Scuba Steve says. :D
Thanks for the Kind words sleek. :rolleyes: :)
I have to agree with everything Bordsmnj said. Great peeps over at Aftershock. Besides me wanting a bigger faster boat, (like everyone else) the boat hasnt done me wrong, and I am very happy with it, & my experiance with Aftershock. :D :cool:
btw I am glad they updated their advertisement in the ***boat mag. :cool:

BoatFloating
02-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE
Thanks for the Kind words sleek. :rolleyes: :)
btw I am glad they updated their advertisement in the ***boat mag. :cool:
You and me both. It's nice to see Carrera back in there.

SLAPPING_GLASS
02-22-2004, 02:51 AM
Aftershock owner here,21 1/2 ft toronado model nothing but good reports here also.Good luck and any other questions let us know.What size were you looking at and which model

SLAPPING_GLASS
02-22-2004, 02:52 AM
P.S. Whats up jason

bordsmnj
02-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
no, the problem was aftershock built him EXACTLY what he ordered. it was a communication thing. two color fade is a two color fade. if you want it blended through three four or five colors yuh just gotta say so. No big deal. yeah i 've said it before and i'll say it agian i'm absolutley stoked on my boat. got A LOT of boat for the money. Aftershock definantly did not forget about me after they had my cash. i drop by there from time to time to bug them and check out what's coming out of the molds. always a nice experience. What model boat are you looking into?:D
i was told by my girlfriend/wife on the way out to the river friday night that this post (she read it at work)sounded rude. so to all who read this and especialy Kahuna please know that it didn't sound to that way to me in my head when i postd it and i don't mean it in a bad way. to clarify - when i used the caps is was for emphisis but not yelling as they are normally used for for. sorry 'bout that.- jason
p.s. congrats on the boats progress kahuna. i checked it out late monday and it looks like it's getting close ,eh:D

bordsmnj
02-22-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by SLAPPING_GLASS
P.S. Whats up jason
whats up Jim(i hope i got the name right,i remember telling yuh i suck at names:rolleyes:) did yuh get a different prop yet? i guess there's no hurry now that rains in the forecast for the next two weeks ,eh:mad: :D :cool: oh, well. we need the water. dinged my last prop the last time i pulled into silver bullet cove.:D