PDA

View Full Version : At The Hospital Right Now!

Waldo
02-19-2004, 08:18 AM
I'm on the basement floor of the hospital getting coffee and I feel this crazy force pulling me toward the far wall. Guess what I see.....computers for hospital guests to use!!!! Like a fly being drawn into those purple light traps I gravitate on over and here I go:p
I brought my wife in last night and she delivered our second child (our first boy) into this world.
Jeremy Douglas Walders was born @ 9:49pm, 7lbs 7oz (7&7, like the drink:D ), 19 1/2 inches and a full head of hair.
Sorry I don't have pics yet but will when I get home later today. I'll post em then.

Quality Time
02-19-2004, 08:22 AM
Congrats Waldo:D

MsDrmr
02-19-2004, 08:28 AM
could'nt be happier for you, how is mom and baby doing? hope all went without complications.:)

Her454
02-19-2004, 08:30 AM
THIS HAS GOT TO BE A FIRST ON ***boat.........POSTING FROM THE HOSPITAL................LMAO!
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW ADDITION!
Traci :):):):)

Jungle Boy
02-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Congrates.

Dave C
02-19-2004, 08:32 AM
post-whoring while at the delivery room.. I guess no one can question your dedication.
congrats on the new guy!

roln 20s
02-19-2004, 08:35 AM
Congrats to you and your wife--another future ***boater :D
Roln 20s

MR FLYIN VEE
02-19-2004, 08:43 AM
congrats to the proud parents.. :D ;)

OutCole'd
02-19-2004, 08:45 AM
Congrats on the little one.:D

Outnumbered
02-19-2004, 08:51 AM
Congrats, I've got 2 girls but don't have the balls to try for a boy (that doesn't sound good:( , you know what I mean). The thought of having 3 girls is too much to take:D .
Seriously, done with kids. But they are fun and worth all the trouble many times over.
Have fun:)
OL

rvrtoy
02-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Congtars Waldo!!!:D

Outnumbered
02-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by rvrtoy
Congtars Waldo!!!:D
Hope all is well with little Faith:)
OL

Tom Brown
02-19-2004, 08:56 AM
Congratulations Waldo. :cool:
Cool post.

Scream
02-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Dave C
post-whoring while at the delivery room.. I guess no one can question your dedication.
congrats on the new guy!
I wish I would have thought of that!
Congratulations.

syke-o
02-19-2004, 09:02 AM
congrats on the baby!!! Me and the wife are expecting our second at the end of April.....

Mandelon
02-19-2004, 09:27 AM
The powerful draw of ***boat Forums works even in the hospital!!! LOL Congrats!!

dimarcobros
02-19-2004, 09:39 AM
Congrats, that is great news.......about having comuters for guests in the hospital I mean. :D :D Kidding, congrats on your baby.
DMB

Mr.Havasu
02-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Congrats waldo,
I'm waiting for a call from my daughter in NY so I can fly back there for the birth of our first grandbaby. any day now.
Hope they have computers back there.
Best of luck,
Michele

jackpunx
02-19-2004, 09:43 AM
good stuff.. cant stay off the computer..lol.. congrats on the baby.. we all wish for good health and happy days to come

looky_lou
02-19-2004, 10:02 AM
Congratulations:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Now get off the computer and get upstairs with your wife!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Waldo
02-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Okay all....I know I'm dedicated to HB and crazy for posting from the hospital, but hey, gotta get my post #'s up any way I can:D !
Mrs. Waldo is doing great...just very tired. Her original C-section was scheduled for next Friday but went into preterm labor 6 weeks ago....I posted it then and thanks for the prayers. She was put on meds to stop the labor and then when she was far enough along the doc took her off the meds (last Friday). Basically, the doc said if she goes into labor again before the c/s date then they'd just take him out. Well, that's exactly what happened yesterday. We should all be home by Sunday afternoon. Have a wonderful weekend everybody.
Thanks for the congrats, good luck to all the up and coming fathers/grandfathers, and I'm going to leave you with a picture taken last night.
J.D. Walders & in his mom's loving embrace!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/177J_D_Walders-med.jpg

J DAWG
02-19-2004, 10:22 AM
cute little sailor you got there. Congrats!

FMluvswater
02-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Awww! He's beautiful, Waldo! :) Congratulations to you and your wife and speedy recovery wished for your wife. :)

Waldo
02-20-2004, 01:28 PM
I wanted to give an update on our new son, JD.
Unfortunately he has been transfered to the neo-natal ICU as of today. He has been a VERY mellow little guy. Not eating much, mostly sleeping, but when he's awake or crying he has been having a difficult time breathing. Turns out, after some tests, they found a little hole in one of his lungs. He is healthy otherwise but having to take him to ICU just about killed my wife. We haven't seen the neonatalogist (sp?) but will hopefully talk with him soon to see where we are headed next.
Please keep JD in your thoughts or prayers. I know I asked for this 6 weeks ago when my wife went into preterm labor but I wouldn't ask again unless I truley believed in faith and the power of thoughts and prayers! Any will help and ALL ARE MUCH APPRECIATED! THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll keep you all updated as much as possible.

FMluvswater
02-20-2004, 01:36 PM
You got it. Gotta believe that your lil guy will be in top health soon. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sleek-Jet
02-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Congradulations Waldo. :) :) :) :D

PlyaPlya22
02-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Congratutlations Waldo...I hope you have a dozen more!!!!:D :D

JetBoatRich
02-20-2004, 04:54 PM
That is great Waldo and congratulations on the new addition to the family:D

martiniboat
02-20-2004, 07:59 PM
Waldo...my thoughts are with your little one, hope everything works out, that's tough for your wife to see him taken into ICU and for you also I'm sure. Sincerely, best wishes.
Brian

redneckgirl
02-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Our thoughts and prayer are with you and your family. Our first child (our son) was born a month early and had simular problems. Thank god he has healthy as a horse since, he is now almost 10 and in 4th grade. We will have you in our prayers... god bless.
RNG

quiet riot
02-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Congrats and your family will be in our prayers. I hope all turns out well.
jd

gnarley
02-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Congratulations! I am truly happy for you

BonnevilleBaby
02-20-2004, 10:44 PM
First of all CONGRATS!!! I'm with you, the power behind all the thoughts and prayers are remarkable. May Go bless your family and Victor and I will definately pray for you. I work in a hospital and will put you on our prayer list
Vic & Toni

Kilrtoy
02-20-2004, 11:28 PM
Keep the faith,
God bless JD...
;)

RiverKitty
02-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Waldo
I wanted to give an update on our new son, JD.
Unfortunately he has been transfered to the neo-natal ICU as of today. He has been a VERY mellow little guy. Not eating much, mostly sleeping, but when he's awake or crying he has been having a difficult time breathing. Turns out, after some tests, they found a little hole in one of his lungs. He is healthy otherwise but having to take him to ICU just about killed my wife. We haven't seen the neonatalogist (sp?) but will hopefully talk with him soon to see where we are headed next.
Please keep JD in your thoughts or prayers. I know I asked for this 6 weeks ago when my wife went into preterm labor but I wouldn't ask again unless I truley believed in faith and the power of thoughts and prayers! Any will help and ALL ARE MUCH APPRECIATED! THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll keep you all updated as much as possible.
Waldo,
My thoughts and prayers are with Little JD, You & Your Family!
Please keep us updated!
Love & God Bless ~RK

JetBoatRich
02-21-2004, 08:48 AM
Take care of him Waldo, keep us update on how he is doing.

Waldo
02-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Hello everyone, I wanted to give you an update. My wife is doing well and I have some more info on our little guy, JD. Turns out he has a small hole in his left lung and a bigger hole in his right lung. Since about this time yesterday he has been in an oxygen type bubble in the NICU. This is to ensure he is recieving plenty of 100% O2 to facilitate the self-healing of his lungs. As of this morning, both holes are healing on their own. The right one is almost completely healed but the left one has a ways to go. The prognosis is good but we aren't sure if he will be coming home with my wife tomorrow:( . Please keep JD, my wife, and I in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks for all the wonderful congrats and well-wishes. I'll give you an update soon? I have a couple of photos that were taken before he was moved yesterday. Enjoy. God Bless
My daughter Makayla & JD
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/177Makayla_her_brother.jpg
Makayla Kissn' JD
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/177Kayla_JD_kiss-med.jpg
Proud Dad
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/177Proud_dad-med.jpg

FMluvswater
02-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Awww! You and your wife make beautiful babies. :) I'm glad the holes in JD's lungs are healing. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. :) Love the pics. :) Take care.

luvmyboat
02-21-2004, 12:15 PM
what a proud papa you are,,,,I am praying for you and the whole family, even little sis there who looks to love her little bro...I am glad to hear he is healing on his own and will continue to ask God to send his little angels down and bless his little lungs. I pray that dad is okay and that your wife is comforted with the wings of angels as well.
My blessing and prayers are with you all

LUVNLIFE
02-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Congratulations and don't worry, everything will be cool. Our thoughts are with you.;)

Waldo
02-22-2004, 09:20 AM
UPDATE:
The doctors just informed us that our new boy WILL BE COMING HOME WITH US TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
He has been healing up just great and all signs point to a healthy young CHICK MAGNET! ;)
We won't be leaving until later this afternoon but mom and I are just exstatic. We really had the feeling he was going to stay for a couple extra days.
MORE PRAYERS NEEDED:
I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers! I ask that you pray once more for a family that lost their full term little boy yesterday. My wife and I were in the NICU holding JD when a "critical" delivery came rushing in with about 8 doctors and nurses. Unfortunately, they weren't able to save his life. We don't know what the complications were but very traumatic nonetheless. My wife and I were crying and praying many times yesterday after this terrible incident. We are very lucky in life with the things we have and have been given. Please don't forget to hug and kiss your loved ones everyday!!! Sorry for the crappy ending.
THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Charley
02-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Thats Great news Waldo.... congrads on both accounts ;)

JetBoatRich
02-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Good news Waldo, glad to see he is doing better:D
My heart goes out to the other family through their very difficult time now.

Havasu Hangin'
02-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Congrats, Waldo. Now the fun begins.

LUVNLIFE
02-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Good for you guys Waldo, have fun with the little guy.:)

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 12:30 PM
That's wonderful news that JD gets to go home with you! :) :) :)
I feel for what that other family must be going through- that's so sad. Our own blessings and miracles are really brought into focus when things like that happen.
I wish you and yours much joy. I hope you'll post more pics. :)