PDA

View Full Version : Rideplate ???????????

wright27
03-28-2006, 02:20 PM
How should the rideplate be on my boat. Should it be perfectly flat with the bottom of the boat or should it have some rocker in it. The way it is set up now from the previous owner it has some rocker to it, should I leave it that way or make it straight.

sanger rat
03-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Four degrees up would be a good starting point.

PC Rat
03-28-2006, 06:14 PM
A lot of people attach pieces of angle aluminum to take the rocker out.
Brian

sleekcrafter
03-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Brian
As well as keeping it straight, while the boat is riding on the plate.
Sleek

wright27
03-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Four degrees up would be a good starting point.
Starting point? So you are saying to make adjustments with the plate until I see what works best/

wright27
03-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Brian
So do I want rocker or not. I can take it out. Just not sure what is best.

sanger rat
03-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Starting point? So you are saying to make adjustments with the plate until I see what works best/
yes

sanger rat
03-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Plate needs to be flat.

SmokinLowriderSS
03-28-2006, 07:57 PM
That plate is what the boat "leans on" under full throttle conditions when the nozzle is trimmed upward by either a diverter or shims (wedges). It needs to be a flat surface the hull can ride on when functioning as a "stop" to keep the bow from getting too high and setting up a porpose. If it porposes, go lower or get more HP. If it drags the hull wet, go higher.

LVjetboy
03-29-2006, 03:26 AM
How should the rideplate be on my boat. Should it be perfectly flat with the bottom of the boat or should it have some rocker in it. The way it is set up now from the previous owner it has some rocker to it, should I leave it that way or make it straight.
Another good question. Ya we all know about angle braces to keep the plate straight. Yet does anyone know if or why a straight or "flat" plate is best or have any data to support it? I really doubt it.
jer

Duane HTP
03-29-2006, 05:00 AM
LV, the brace is more for keeping the plate from flexing while under way. If it flexes at hi speed, it can act just like a hook in the bottom of a boat.

jbone
03-29-2006, 06:49 AM
You mention two things. Rocker and flat with the bottom of the boat.
I've been told to make sure the plate is straight, no rocker, and to support it to keep it from bending while on plane.
Then, the ride plate will be angled up from the shoe to the cradle about 4 degrees, as a starting point.
Have fun because there are lots of adjustments to find the perfect setup.
I'm sure the experts will help out more.
J

IMPATIENT 1
03-29-2006, 07:01 AM
Get The Plate Straight And Find You A Nice Cove To Test In.take A Gps And Digi Cam To Record Results With. I Adjusted My Plate Till I Got The Best Gps #'s And Took Before And After Pics Of My Boat At 70mph. You Could See In The Pics How Much A Couple Of Degrees Of Plate Angle Will Get The Hull Outta The Water And Real Dry!my 18ft. Lake V-hull Works Best With A 2 1/2 Degree Up Angle On My Hi-tech Ride Plate,but Other Hulls Will Be Different.

PC Rat
03-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Ya we all know about angle braces to keep the plate straight.
Just call me "Master of the Obvious".