PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Havasu?

fatmikegalaxy
02-21-2004, 08:21 PM
I am sitting in Kuwait waiting for my flight date home. I had been living in Iraq since May. Surfing the Hot Boat forums have been a life saver for me and now I want to visit Havasu upon my return to Oregon. What is there to do for a couple that doesn't have a boat in the city of my dreams? Is there a good place to stay, eat, drink, and are there boat manufaturers that give tours? My girlfriend and I plan to visit in early April... any advice?

SoCalOffshore
02-21-2004, 08:29 PM
There is plenty to do without a boat. And yes to all of your questions. Search under Lake Havasu and pull up one of the web sites to check out places to stay. Depends on your budget.

Thunderbutt
02-21-2004, 08:39 PM
Welcome home Mike, you can be proud you surved our country. If you go the Havasu in april, go down to any of the launch ramps in uniform and you will get a lot of offers for boat rides. Have fun, you deserve it.

redneckgirl
02-21-2004, 08:49 PM
First of all welcome to ***boat!!!! More importantly thank you for your service "commitment to our country".... I beleive in what we are doing overseas... and support our military and our President!!! I strongly believe that if you showed up at Havasu and started talk with the peep with hot boats and explained who you are, you could get a ride on just about any boat out there. Keep posting and let people know exactly when you will be there and I bet they will be expecting you... If we were going to be there you could take a ride with us anytime!!!:D :D We won't be there until the Shockwave Regatta in July, it is about a 8 - 9 hour drive for us. There seems to be alot of good people around here and other boat forums that would be more than happy I am sure to help you out.... Keep posting God Bless and be safe... Keep the faith...;) ;)
Redneckgirl (Shelley)

al cole'holic
02-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by fatmikegalaxy
I am sitting in Kuwait waiting for my flight date home. I had been living in Iraq since May. Surfing the Hot Boat forums have been a life saver for me and now I want to visit Havasu upon my return to Oregon. What is there to do for a couple that doesn't have a boat in the city of my dreams? Is there a good place to stay, eat, drink, and are there boat manufaturers that give tours? My girlfriend and I plan to visit in early April... any advice?
...hell, you and the lady can have a seat with us on a trip to the 'scru in April for sure. For right now, I have a trip planned for the 22nd-25th in Laughlin for the River Run and will hit the 'scru for Saturday. :D

al cole'holic
02-21-2004, 08:55 PM
I would love to hear some stories while you see what the hell we was doing...:D

Kachina26
02-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Keith over at Conquest Boats seems pretty cool, maybe he can give you the shop tour?

framer1
02-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Welcome home and thanks for serving our country. Just hanging around the channel and looking at girls makes the trip worth while. redneckgirl, I towed my Carrera to Havasu from Paso Robles in six and a half hours. I made it home in less than six, that was without the boat.

redneckgirl
02-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by framer1
redneckgirl, I towed my Carrera to Havasu from Paso Robles in six and a half hours. I made it home in less than six, that was without the boat.
Framer1, We were just estimating it would take that long... I have never been and my husband hasn't been since he was a teenager. We have never pulled our boat there. Glad to here is isn't that long. See ya at Naci this summer.
RNG

JetBoatRich
02-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Hope you have a safe trip home:D I am sure it will feel good to be back. You say you were living in Kuwait, I would only guess it has something to do with the activities there. Thanks
I would bet that most of the people on here would give you and your girlfriend a ride while in Havasu. Post the date(s) and be prepared to make plans.
Take care.

mike37
02-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
Framer1, We were just estimating it would take that long... I have never been and my husband hasn't been since he was a teenager. We have never pulled our boat there. Glad to here is isn't that long. See ya at Naci this summer.
RNG
you wont make that good of time if you stop to much
more like 7-1/2

framer1
02-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Mike , you drive to slow and eat to much. That was last Thursday I made that time. I only stop for gas at Kramer corner and I get Subway to go;)There's a Subway at the Pilot gas station.

mike37
02-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by framer1
Mike , you drive to slow and eat to much. That was last Thursday I made that time. I only stop for gas at Kramer corner and I get Subway to go;)There's a Subway at the Pilot gas station.
I got kids
ill drive strait throu but the kids:mad:
and I seem to remember you and dan
neding to stop at every burger joint the last time i went with you
oh ya and beer stops to
then stop to piss after the beer
that was a long trip

framer1
02-22-2004, 12:24 PM
If I remember correctly we didn't start drinking till Ludlow. Didn't we make it Terrible Hearst's for our first bathroon stop:D My memory is starting to fade ,to many cl's.

LUVNLIFE
02-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Why don't you guys carry Gatorade bottles with you and make trucker bombs.:D :D

1Shockwaveguy
02-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey FatMike, when your ready to visit Havasu send me a private message, I'll take you and your girl out on my boat for the weekend.
Thanks for your service.

AdrenelineOD
02-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Anyone i know could careless about boats but they still want to go. I say screw them anyone rolls there eyes at me when I mention boats or water can watch me from the shore. I think I have room for anyone who came from the East. My brother is there ( Iraq) .
Ok my girlfriend is scared of driving and I like the rope. It`s not fast enough for me to sit in it. So you drive ya.:D :D

fatmikegalaxy
02-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Fat Mike here,
thanks for the warm welcome as that was my first post. As soon as I get stateside I 'll drop a couple lines. I find it difficult to make plans based on the info I sometimes get from the millitary, so i'll have to wait until i'm a free-bird to hook up with some of you Havasu boaters. Now my feet are wet and one step closer to a dream-come-true.
Thanks FM

Dr. Eagle
02-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Welcome home Mike. What branch of the service are you in?
You will find plenty to do in Havasu and if you want I bet you could even rent lake lice... he he he he...;)
Seriously, thank you for all you have done...

LakeRacer
02-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Mike,
Check your PM's.

RJ Nordic
02-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Thanks for your service Fat Mike
My wife and I would be honored to have you join us on the water. PM me the dates you will be in Havasu and we will try and hook up.
I got lots of beer and would love to share with you
:D

hava life
02-23-2004, 07:37 PM
we'll be up there about every weekend. Just post and you will get a ride for sure. You might get lucky and have a room to stay at also.

badbrad
03-02-2004, 05:15 AM
I run tours out of 29 Palmsc CA and part of the package that I promote is the cabins at Crazy Horse Campgrounds that MCAGCC owns. These sell out quick because they are only $45 an night for a cabin that sleeps 6, has a full kitchen with plates , glasses and silver, bbq on the porch, lake views, and 200 feet from the boat launch. Good Luck. Keep your head down and shoot straight.

jackpunx
03-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Hey,
Welcome home almost..If your planning on coming in April .. Make sure that you come for the poker run the weekend of April 24th. Its all at the Nautical inn.. If your like me.. You will piss your pants when you see all the killer boats that come from all over the United States to be in this event.
How fast do you want to go?:D.. PM me .. We'll be out there for the event.. and you and yours are welcome in my boat :D.

Rev. Williams
03-02-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm trying to be there April 2 - 4th for a friends b-day.... I'll have my boat and room for you and the wife if you need it.
PM me and I'll give you my cell. If you're down there then call me and I show you around the Zoo :D :D

Doug H.
03-02-2004, 12:01 PM
Jackpunx isn't kidding when he asks "how fast do you wanna go" cause his boat is capable of doing triple digits, so take him up on it. :D

sam pioske
03-24-2004, 07:55 AM
Mike & Girlfriend If the situation is your driving from ore. stop by for a day and rest up half way to Havazoo. Have three boats here and will take you out to our lake We will supply all things needed BEER. O K and food and gas My x has a house in Havazoo and one of us might be down there Let me know some of my family lives in Astoria. A F Vet says- Thanks for serving!!!

FRENCHIE
03-24-2004, 08:27 AM
hey dude will also be out in end of may, june july etc, let me know if ya come down in that time and i will love to take ya out also!!!!!! frenchie