PDA

View Full Version : Ride The REZ Malcolm Smith

beach gomer
02-23-2004, 08:28 AM
Did anyone do that narly ride in the rain on Sunday at the soboba indian reservation.Ive been only riding since november but i cant imagine anything harder than that. only made it half way and asked for the quickest way back.Next year I will make the 30 mile loop.

phuggit
02-23-2004, 08:43 AM
You're a brave man. I have never done the ride, but I've heard the hills are a bitch. Add rain and I cant see how anyone can get up the hills in that area.
Congrats on finishing part of the ride w/o breaking anything though.

DEEZ NUTTS
02-23-2004, 09:07 AM
WORCS series round 3 on the island at Havasu march 12-14. Come pound 3+ miles of hoops for an hour with us. Round 2 was in Austin, TX last weekend. 18 hours from home so I skipped it.

Hustler
02-23-2004, 09:20 AM
What is the WORCS? I have never heard of it.

BENZEEN
02-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by beach gomer
Did anyone do that narly ride in the rain on Sunday at the soboba indian reservation.Ive been only riding since november but i cant imagine anything harder than that. only made it half way and asked for the quickest way back.Next year I will make the 30 mile loop.
I went this year and last year. We use this ride as a tune up for the Nevada 200 in Caliente, NV. This years ride on the REZ was much more technical than last year. Especially with the slick conditions.

boatnam2
02-23-2004, 01:17 PM
we will be in parker 13 and 14 what kinda of race is worcs maybe the kid can race it?

DEEZ NUTTS
02-23-2004, 04:52 PM
boatnam, p.m.ed you. Hustler, WORCS is the GNCC for the west coast sort of. You may have seen a GNCC on speedchannel. KInd of a hare scramble or grand prix. Usually based around a motocross track with a detour out to native terrain for a few miles. Havasu is the exception, no motocross track last year but dont know about this year. We ride for an hour and 15 mins. Guy with the most/fastest laps wins. The Havasu track is spectator friendly compared to other races, but can get confusing. Lots of riders on the track and spread out.
See you there!
worcsracing.com

beach gomer
02-23-2004, 06:01 PM
worcs sounds like a great ride but not the same as the reservaton ride.I would like to try it sounds like fun.