PDA

View Full Version : Hawaiian boats

dorC
02-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Let's talk about Hawaiian boats for a moment. I'd like what ever you guys can tell me about them. I'm particularly interested in knowing how well they ran and rode. Are they fast? Safe? Fun? Were they ever rigged with a stern drive or only jets? Hey, if you wan to bash on them, you won't hurt my feelings. ;)

al cole'holic
02-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by dorC
Let's talk about Hawaiian boats for a moment. I'd like what ever you guys can tell me about them. I'm particularly interested in knowing how well they ran and rode. Are they fast? Safe? Fun? Were they ever rigged with a stern drive or only jets? Hey, if you wan to bash on them, you won't hurt my feelings. ;)
...old school, since like 1956 with sweet hulls like fun for sure...new school, the cat looks sweet and the deck (which claims to be the largest) is a friggin tour boat! Easily fit 20 heads on it..it was huge..

dorC
02-23-2004, 02:37 PM
You're almost talking like they are still in production...are they? If so, any contact info?

al cole'holic
02-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by dorC
You're almost talking like they are still in production...are they? If so, any contact info?
You are good! :D
http://www.hawaiianpowerboats.com

dorC
02-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Mamma always said that I'm the best! :eek:
Anybody else have input? Let's concentrate on the old school hulls....

Mandelon
02-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Saw them at the boat show. Looked nice. Low profile. Not all big and bloated like every other boat maker who is trying to get to 36 feet !!! :rolleyes:

blownfear
02-23-2004, 06:02 PM
the current manufacturer of hawaiian poewer boats is not the manufacturer of the old school boats. Just thought you would like to know. but i have now owned two hawaiian boats and would own nothing else. i had a 76 18' flat bottom and currantly a 78 26' daycruiser .... Both jets , Both bbf

dorC
02-23-2004, 06:06 PM
blown-Great. I just left a message for the new Hawaiian boats. :rolleyes: Were all the Hawaiians jets? Or did they offer any with a V-drive? Are the hulls good performers?

blownfear
02-23-2004, 06:20 PM
all of the older ones were jets as far as i know noone seems to know mush about them x-cept for bergeron boats in mesa az. Both of my hulls haul ass, to my surprise my 26 footer jumps out of the water quicker than my seadoo, and runs about 55 mph with a stock 460. the 76 18' ran about 75 or so. They were'nt built for speed they are heavy compared to other boats of same size. For thought my hull was about 1 1/4 " thick at the suction piece, a friends kachina was only about 3/4 " thick. a considerable differance in strength :)

al cole'holic
02-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by blownfear
the current manufacturer of hawaiian poewer boats is not the manufacturer of the old school boats. Just thought you would like to know. but i have now owned two hawaiian boats and would own nothing else. i had a 76 18' flat bottom and currantly a 78 26' daycruiser .... Both jets , Both bbf
..from what I understood way back when they were in Ventura, the current guy runnin the show is the nephew in Norco..

hava life
02-23-2004, 06:47 PM
friend has a cat that the hull cracked. They did fix it for him .Told him he was to rough on it. This happened on a trip to Havasu. I dont see how you can be to rough on the lake, he didnt hit anything. The day it happened it was calm out. Nice boat until that happened.

blownfear
02-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Al that is what i heard alsobut i also heard the nephiew is a d&%k. :Hava that sucks some of those new boats are pretty nice and a damn shame to see wrecked and destroyed:frown:

al cole'holic
02-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by blownfear
Al that is what i heard alsobut i also heard the nephiew is a d&%k. :Hava that sucks some of those new boats are pretty nice and a damn shame to see wrecked and destroyed:frown:
..he seemed like a cool old dude when I met him..

SJRS1
02-24-2004, 07:27 AM
current owner according the that secretary of state website
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corporation
HAWAIIAN POWER BOATS, INC.
Number: C2455440 Date Filed: 1/9/2003 Status: active
Jurisdiction: California
Mailing Address
938 HAMNER ST
NORCO, CA 91760
Agent for Service of Process
ADAM JAMES KING
938 HAMNER ST
NORCO, CA 91760

sigepmock
02-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Just bought a 1996 Hawaiian 21 foot, open bow, 454, jet. Seems like a decent boat, couldn't pass on the price. I talked with the current Hawaiian Power boat guys before I bought it to try and get some history, they were all a bunch of ego maniacs that talked like they knew more than they did. Not one person down there that I talked to wasn't a D$&khead. I like the boat, just won't ever take it to those guys. Just my two cents.

SPECTRABRENT
02-24-2004, 10:53 AM
I think Hawaiian boats are at the lower end of the boat scale.
For the $$$$ you could buy a used Schiada, Howard , Hallett etc..
Brent

dorC
02-24-2004, 10:57 AM
Well, I'm seriously looking at some of the original Hawaiian molds. The problem is that I'm not on the west coast so there wouldn't be much of a market for the jet version. I'm wondering how well a mold built for a jet would work being rigged for a stern drive. I'm thinking that it would proably be pretty good. The engine would be in almost the same location. The jet wouldn't create much bow lift, so the stern drive should carry the bow even better. Maybe too good, might end up with a porpoise. Tell me what you guys think...

dorC
02-24-2004, 11:17 AM
The gallery doesn't have any pics of the cat. Do any of you guys have one that you could post?