PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?

cyclone
02-24-2004, 09:53 AM
happened to gas prices? I just paid 2.25 for 89 octane at a 76 station by my office.
oh yeah. jetboat!

Hotcrusader76
02-24-2004, 09:59 AM
It's time to head over to the offroad place for some VP or Trick:D...hell it's almost cheaper there.

Greaser
02-24-2004, 10:01 AM
And I thought 1.50 was high:eek:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
02-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by cyclone
happened to gas prices? I just paid 2.25 for 89 octane at a 76 station by my office.
oh yeah. jetboat!
poor OPEC!! they are screwing us that is what is happening.

cyclone
02-24-2004, 10:07 AM
its going to be an expensive summer. i think i'm going to just invest in a drum of VP instead of paying nearly as much for 91 at the pump. at this rate it'll be a 3$ a gallon real soon. :mad:

Jetdriver
02-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Its costing me almost 40 bucks just to fill up a 15 gallon tank on my VW, I cant wait to see what its like to fill up a boat!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
02-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Greaser
And I thought 1.50 was high:eek:
don't worry greaser. we will be at the $2 mark soon but that means $3 a gallon for our buddies in Cali:eek: It's good to live in Texas.
Omega

TexasJet
02-24-2004, 10:28 AM
I read an article once that said the EPA divided up the US into 6 zones. Each zone has it's own special formulation of gasoline. The zone for the west coast is supposed to burn the cleanest gas and therefor the most expensive to produce. Certain local refineries are slated to produce the specific gas used in that area. Ie, a refinery in Texas does not have the capacity to produce the gas burned on the west coast and vis a versa. Now, if one of the west coast refineries goes down for some reason your going to have a shortage and a price spike. The current high price of oil is the leading factor as well as the decline in the value of the dollar against the main forign currencies. The Arabs are complaining that because of the lower value of the dollar they are not making as much profit as it would seem. The price of oil will probably continue stay high or go up even more as long as the dollar stays low. Basically, we the American consumer are screwed (like that's never happened before).

Greaser
02-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
It's good to live in Texas.
Omega
My thoughts exactly:cool:

Squirtcha?
02-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Per usual, we're right in the middle. We're currently at $1.99 per gallon in Arizona. I've heard rumors that we may hit $3.00 per gallon this summer. If that's true...............I'd hate to think what Cali's gonna be like.

EASYSTROKE
02-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Texas jet,
Send me an email. I also live in Katy.
thanks,
easystroke
easystroke@houston.rr.com

flat broke
02-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Don't we have occupational ground forces in a certain oil producing middle eastern country? I think there might be a price associated with our liberation efforts in said country. Perhaps repayment could be exacted though the exportation of some crude oil? ;)
Chris

TexasJet
02-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Flatbroke, you would think so. However that is against the rules of war in regards to a concured nation. The US signed these rules and is bound by international law to live by them. So you and I and all other Americans get to pay for the rebuilding of Iraq .:yuk:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
02-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by TexasJet
Flatbroke, you would think so. However that is against the rules of war in regards to a concured nation. The US signed these rules and is bound by international law to live by them. So you and I and all other Americans get to pay for the rebuilding of Iraq .:yuk:
unfortunately we are the only country that follows 'the rules'. But in all reality higher gas prices benefit our industry TexasJet. (P&C) I would rather pay $2 a gallon and have a job than have gas at $0.80 a gallon and be on the street.
Now if we could just keep the engineering business in the US we would have it made:rolleyes:
Omega

HotHallet
02-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Gas prices suck! I paid $37.42 to fill up my truck this morning and I still had 1/4 tank left! With the tunnel ram motor in the boat now I am going to really budget for river trips. Like 6 cases of Coors Light and a few bags of Doritos.

MANIC MECHANIC
02-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by TexasJet
you and I and all other Americans get to pay for the rebuilding of Iraq .
Yeah, we need to give the bastards that are killing our sons and daughters, $87 billion, It can't be a loan.
Plus I wonder how much the war in Iraq and our current occupation has already cost us.
Our buddy Bush really f***ed us on this one!
I know one guy that will vote for ANYONE but that prick in the upcoming election!
And to think I used to actually like him.:yuk:
Tim

Bow Tie Omega
02-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Remember what you said the next time we have an attack on our soil. Any of those "Other Guys" you are reffering to would rather sell weapons secrets to those attackers, only to be used against us later, kind of like that last guy, the one who was screwing his intern in the oval office. At least this guy and our military are chasing these attackers in their own backyard trying to keep us at home safe.
Oh yeah, the last guy was screwing the intern in the oval office while he was reading an article about jet boats.

TopCat
02-24-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Bow Tie Omega
Remember what you said the next time we have an attack on our soil. Any of those "Other Guys" you are reffering to would rather sell weapons secrets to those attackers, only to be used against us later, kind of like that last guy, the one who was screwing his intern in the oval office. At least this guy and our military are chasing these attackers in their own backyard trying to keep us at home safe.
Oh yeah, the last guy was screwing the intern in the oval office while he was reading an article about jet boats. AMEN!!

cave
02-24-2004, 06:20 PM
OPEC hasnt even cut back production and Prices jumped here in AZ.
Remeber Bush is an Oil Man from an Oil family. Mostly I supoort his efforts. But I think he will side on his crude buddies on this. You would think this being an election year he would call his homies in Saudi and remind them who Backed there sorry kesters up. Guess he'll have to learn the hard way. By the way tu puedo abla esspanol. WE Need hydrogen power now! Wait that makes too much sence. water as a by-product.
Hope prices go down before May so I can afford to float my boat this season.

TopCat
02-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by MANIC MECHANIC
Yeah, we need to give the bastards that are killing our sons and daughters, $87 billion, It can't be a loan.
Plus I wonder how much the war in Iraq and our current occupation has already cost us.
Our buddy Bush really f***ed us on this one!
I know one guy that will vote for ANYONE but that prick in the upcoming election!
And to think I used to actually like him.:yuk:
Tim we did the same thing for Japan whats the dif. somethings are worth dying for / i spent 10yrs doing our countries bidding i hav had over 200 stitches in my face,ribs broke, cant hear out of my left ear and lost friends and we lost badly and if i remember right kennedy put us there and in the early 70's Pres. Johnson lied so he could escalate the war and when the Myrques(didnt spell it rite) and the Pueblo and the hostages in Iran were taken we did nothing so the 3rd world thought we were an easy target and proved it 9/11 Reagan chg'd that perseption in granada but along come clinton and here we are so vote your heart and maybe your wallet if you dont vote for the Prick again(i liked john McCain) and if Kerry for example wins see if your taxs go down see if the 3rd world religous moron say we dont want to **** with the U.S. history repeats itself you just have to know how to read! I keep a t-shirt in my draw to remind me it says" Participant Southeast Asia War Games-----SECOND PLACE 58000of us were lost and if we put our heads back inthe sand we'll loose alot more----but what the f*** do i know sorry if i got carried away/1969-1979NAVY special ops 1st class

HARDIN18
02-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Hey MANIC!! Eat an ass!!!
Does anyone remember 9/11 anymore.
This shouldn't be about money. This should be about people f*cking with the United States of America! If you come to our home we'll go to your home and your friends home and drag you out of your hole & kick your ass!!! In my opinion Bush has and still is showing the world that we are the U. S. of A. !
TopCat, Thank you!

moneysucker
02-25-2004, 05:28 PM
I too am woried abbout gas this summer. I still haven't found a chevron on the way to the river that sells race fuel. My boss pays truck fuel. If I could sneak in a barel of VP or two I would be set.

Lightning
02-25-2004, 06:15 PM
The gas prices that we see today are a reflection of what has taken place in the market 3-5 months ago. For example if you look at the price of oil per barrel three months ago it was probably on the rise.
If you want to have an idea of what you are going to pay, or more so, what the trend is going to be in the summer (June July August) it is being determined in the market between April and June. Of course add on additional $$$ for the California factor.
A god source of infomation on this is here (http://www.eia.doe.gov/)

572Daytona
02-25-2004, 06:32 PM
I would much rather see my tax dollars being paid to Soldiers fighting for us and the US manufacturers that make the weapons and defense systems needed for the war, then having it go to some welfare person so she spit out some more crack babies. But that's just my opinion.