PDA

View Full Version : Kill Switch

cyclone
02-25-2004, 03:42 PM
need a kill switch and lanyard for my boat. Where can i buy one? The boat has a separate ignition switch, start button and fuel pump switch already.
I need something that i can wire into the ground side of the ignition switch.
Does Rex Marine sell them?

miller19j
02-25-2004, 03:47 PM
I think that Rex has them but they are not up on the site yet. Try a PM to Mike (Rexone) I am sure he will hook you up. Just don't mention me or you will never get a catalog. :D

AZKC
02-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Prepping for the unexpected, :cool: Good Idea
MSD sell's one, flush mount part number 4374 normally closed switch or a 43741 normally open switch.

AZKC
02-25-2004, 03:57 PM
There is a few on Ebay also
Kill Switches (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43976&item=2462342940)

Jet Hydro
02-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Go to an O/B Boat store, I got mine for $12.00

moneysucker
02-25-2004, 04:41 PM
I hate to say it but CP Marine has them and relitively priced. I would reccomend the mercury switch not the one with the 2 ball bearings that you can use to either make or break the connection. I have the seccond and will be replacing it for this season. It flexes and will periodically break the connection. The base on it is plastic. The good ones are a little more and are round like some on jet ski's.
Cy

565edge
02-25-2004, 06:04 PM
If you have a msd you need the mercury one from cp.They also make one for a magneto style.

Rexone
02-25-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by cyclone
need a kill switch and lanyard for my boat. Where can i buy one? The boat has a separate ignition switch, start button and fuel pump switch already.
I need something that i can wire into the ground side of the ignition switch.
Does Rex Marine sell them?
We have them. Mercury or 2-ball whatever you want. And lanyards too. :)

77charger
02-25-2004, 08:13 PM
we got ours from rex marine i believe?It is a mercury brand type.Make sure you get one that wont pop out easily(as in moving around while waiting on the line. it happens)If you get pitched it will pop out though
Personally i like the merc type one

Rexone
02-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Mercury makes a couple different types but the ones we sell are the round ones with the button in the middle that the plastic cap snaps over. They call it omnidirectional. I just call em good kill switches. I think the key is to have a long enough switch lanyard where you can freely move around without it stretching tight.

screamdreambrad
02-26-2004, 01:01 AM
mike, eddie marine also has the mercury ones. but get it rex, they pay contingency money!!!!!!!:D need anything else? did steven talk to you about what he asked me? brad

screamdreambrad
02-26-2004, 01:03 AM
by the way mr. rexone, i need decals if you're still doin contingencies this year.(ihba) thanks brad

Rexone
02-26-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by screamdreambrad
mike, eddie marine also has the mercury ones. but get it rex, they pay contingency money!!!!!!!:D need anything else? did steven talk to you about what he asked me? brad
not sure what steven you're talkn about :confused: so I can't answer that one, shoot me a PM.
I do plan to do contingency again this year but I haven't yet heard from Charlie on it. Usually he calls and bugs me about it around this time of year. I do have the stickers ready to go though in advance for a change :cool:

cyclone
02-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
not sure what steven you're talkn about :confused: so I can't answer that one, shoot me a PM.
I do plan to do contingency again this year but I haven't yet heard from Charlie on it. Usually he calls and bugs me about it around this time of year. I do have the stickers ready to go though in advance for a change :cool:
i rigged my entire boat TWICE with parts from REX. what's the contingency for the River Racer class??:D
Brad- Steve did talk to me. I really appreciate it too. PM me your number and I'll give you a call about it.

77charger
02-26-2004, 03:47 PM
go to ihbaracing.com and look at the contingency program.Some require use of their products while others only want to see thier sticker.

bruleracer
02-26-2004, 09:17 PM
i spoke to jeff gaul at msd,this past week, and they have a multi-directional, kill switck that they sell for small watercraft, so when go over the "bars" or in this case, the deck,(just kidden), it will still operate properly. this steven

LVjetboy
02-26-2004, 11:05 PM
I have a problem with the mercury kill switch.
http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/kill.jpg
The problem is the hat and spring don't keep the hat securely on the ignition during a hard run. That and dog ears wear and round with time. This as much a safety hazard as not having a kill switch in the first place. Look at your options before thinking about a mercury kill.
jer

screamdreambrad
02-26-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by bruleracer
i spoke to jeff gaul at msd,this past week, and they have a multi-directional, kill switck that they sell for small watercraft, so when go over the "bars" or in this case, the deck,(just kidden), it will still operate properly. this steven yes this steven! tell me more about this msd kill switch. i'll have to see one now:) brad