PDA

View Full Version : "Sanger" Emblem

mfrey
02-25-2004, 06:06 PM
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/21/01/30061601-02fb-02000180-.jpg
Does anyone know where I might find a Sanger emblem like in the "72Super Lite" photos. The emblem on the right side of the dash. I tried Sanger a couple of years ago...thinking they might have some tucked away somewhere-no luck. I'll bet someone has one.

SANGER-RICH
02-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by mfrey
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/21/01/30061601-02fb-02000180-.jpg
Does anyone know where I might find a Sanger emblem like in the "72Super Lite" photos. The emblem on the right side of the dash. I tried Sanger a couple of years ago...thinking they might have some tucked away somewhere-no luck. I'll bet someone has one.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1247sanger_emblems.jpg
Im also looking for this one or two, sorry Mike did not mean to infringe on your thread

dossangers
02-25-2004, 07:39 PM
i offered 50.00 apiece to a guy he td me a while ago

wsuwrhr
02-25-2004, 08:48 PM
How much are you looking to spend for billet?
Brian

RaysonKid
02-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Can you make a billet Howard ?
Or Rayson Craft ?

wsuwrhr
02-25-2004, 09:05 PM
I can make you whatever you dream up. "What you want store"
Brian

RaysonKid
02-25-2004, 09:22 PM
COOL..
For a price.

wsuwrhr
02-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by RaysonKid
COOL..
For a price.
Yes sir,
I can say that I am reasonable, and it sure looks bitchen when it is done.
Brian

FlatRat
02-26-2004, 03:45 AM
:D I scored two brand new ones from a guy in Brentwood,70 bucks for the both.Along with a brand new Jones Tach with the Sanger logo printed inside.:D :D

shirkey4750
02-26-2004, 06:17 AM
I have one, but I have been holding on to it hoping to find another one.

mfrey
02-26-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
How much are you looking to spend for billet?
Brian
I'm reasonable...would it be a replica of the original or something different? I'm wanting one that looks original. Do you have an original to work from? What are you talking for price? Thanks.

DetroitJim
02-26-2004, 08:09 AM
This would be a very easy thing to reproduce, find a local pattern and mold shop to make an epoxy pattern off it, then they would duplicate off of the pattern to make a plastic mold or aluminum die cast cavity.

coolchange
02-26-2004, 08:39 AM
Well.... I just happen to have a Sanger AND Rayson Emblem. Haven't seenthe Sanger in a long time though. Have to find it. Don't want to part with them but might be willing to get involved in a repop of them.

Mohavekid
02-26-2004, 05:41 PM
Check with Sanger directly or a dealer.
I believe they still use the same emblem on the dash of their new boats.

Dave Sammons
02-29-2004, 08:32 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5187sanger_1-med.jpg
Here's a shot of a Sanger dash plaque I have from the 60's, showing Sanger, California instead of Fresno. If anyone is going to go to expense of casting new ones, I'd gladly loan this one to the cause. The picture doesn't do it justice, this things in perfect shape.

mfrey
03-01-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Mohavekid
Check with Sanger directly or a dealer.
I believe they still use the same emblem on the dash of their new boats.
It's different. I did check with Sanger...they don't have any old ones, and I can't bring myself to use the new style one.

SANGER-RICH
03-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by mfrey
It's different. I did check with Sanger...they don't have any old ones, and I can't bring myself to use the new style one. I agree, old is old and new is new, if it does not say Sanger , CA. It just wont work:D :D :D :D

SANGER-RICH
03-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Dave Sammons
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5187sanger_1-med.jpg
Here's a shot of a Sanger dash plaque I have from the 60's, showing Sanger, California instead of Fresno. If anyone is going to go to expense of casting new ones, I'd gladly loan this one to the cause. The picture doesn't do it justice, this things in perfect shape. Now if we can get some of these done I would be very happy:D :D :D :D :D :D

Sangster
03-01-2004, 06:06 PM
I think got some somewhere, in a box full of stuff, buried out in the garage...We move into the new shop around the 15th of the month... I'll keep an eye out for them...Think I got some Fresno's & Sanger:cool: :cool: :cool:

sixgunsam
03-02-2004, 12:26 AM
put my name on the list of people needing to buy a sanger emblem

wsuwrhr
03-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I was going to reproduce a bunch of these for the guys on the boards awhile ago.. Until I was notified about a potential lawsuit from Sanger if I did it.. I talked to the folks at sanger about it, and they wanted me to make them, sell them to them so they could mark them up and sell them out of there place.
I lost interest about that point..
To make these would be incredibly simple though.. Get ahold of an original. Cast an RTV Mold off of it, pour in wax, investment cast in aluminum. Total part cost would be about 30 bucks a peace.
I'm having some vents done for a guy on the boards right now, but I'm not going to say who, or what mfg they were originally made from becuase I'm not interested in getting sued..
RD
Not to be a buzzkill, but investment cast in aluminum for 30? For the same price they could be made out of billet, with much better material characteristics for strength, durabilty, and finish properties.
Just my .02
Brian

CircleJerk
03-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Brian! Would you consider making me some Lavey-Craft emblems out of billet. Al never made them as far as I know for the race hulls and I have never seen them on any Laveys of the period. I would be very interested in adding a non original one to the dash so I wouldnt have to paint it on. People always ask since its so different and to others 'plain ugly'! The current manufacture may have some but it wouldnt represent the old Al boats well in my opinion. thanks;)

78Eliminator
03-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Dave, if you do it for cost and don't make any profit, is that really something they can sue you for? Also, if you end up doing that, I would like to involved in the process. I have always been interested in what you do and would like to follow the procedures. I'll even bring the cold ones....