PDA

View Full Version : drag boat races ?

FOMOCO76
02-26-2004, 02:51 PM
This summer I would like to travel out west and attend my first drag boat race , any suggestions or personal favorates ? A race with a variety of boats ,JET ,V -drive , outboard ? etc . and good access to the pitts . thanks, waiting for the ice to melt !

1tricky1
02-26-2004, 04:33 PM
I would recommend the NJBA at Lake Ming, Bakersfield Ca. Here's the schedule.
2004 Race Schedule (Tentative)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(All dates are subject to change - check with association before travelling)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season Opener
March 20 - 21, 2004
Lake Ming, Bakersfield, CA
Spring Madness
April 17 - 18, 2004
May Shootout
May 15 - 16, 2004
Summer Showdown or Thrilla at Chowchilla
June 12 - 13, 2004 or June 19 - 20, 2004
Lake Ming, Bakersfield, CA or Berenda Reservoir, Chowchilla, CA
Ming Fling
September 25 - 26, 2004
NJBA Nationals
October 16 - 17, 2004
IHBA in Phx, Az is cool too. I believe there's starts April 30 - May 2.

mickeyfinn
02-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Maybe this thread should be moved to the V-drive forums where they know about Drag Racing......J/K:D

Ken F
02-26-2004, 04:47 PM
I think it's hard to beat "Smokin in the Cove" in Arkansas. Beautiful spot, and a little closer to you.
Ken F

toad polumsky
02-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Try finding out some info about the Lakefest drags in Marble Falls TX. It is a lot closer to you than California.

Unchained
02-26-2004, 05:38 PM
I've gone to the Nitro Nationals for the last three years and its a great race. The party in Red Bluff the night before the race is fun too.
We'll be going again this year.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Lakefest is here in phoenix

Heatseeker
02-26-2004, 06:44 PM
My vote is for Red Bluff! Like Unchained said, the Streets of Fire in town the night before is fun. And the event itself is just awesome.
Maybe I'll see you there this year Unchained!

1Bahnerjet
02-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
Lakefest is here in phoenix
and Marble Falls :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43Marblefalls-med.jpg

screamdreambrad
02-26-2004, 11:47 PM
phx. lakefest, red bluff, & world finals in phx. are all really good choices. not to say any of the tx. and other races. i understand gadsden (sp) to be a good one as well. what am i talking about, they are all good!:D they're dragboat races damnit!:cool: brad

sdba069
02-27-2004, 05:28 AM
If the politics don't bother you, they are all good.....I lean more toward the SDBA myself....www.sdbaracing.com
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=604542

pops1
02-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by mickeyfinn
Maybe this thread should be moved to the V-drive forums where they know about Drag Racing......J/K:D
What do you need some support over on your side- Nailed a Sand Bar Lately! Now Lets See - Drag Racing- First One to the Finish Line. A Prop needs to dig a big hole just like a Dog walks around in circles laying grass down before it will lay down. A Jet
is God's Blessing to the Human Race as a means of getting a rush from the hole shot put on by Jets.
Mean time back at the watering hole the prop is now starting to complete its hole digging adventure and is at last seeing its first forward motion The Driver is in a total forward lean to provide the spectator with the look of speed.
Now Down at the Finish Line we see the Jetter has brought his Lunch Basket and spread the table cloth out with his Lady. Both having enjoyed the finer of food's and are Awaiting the the Arrival
of the Propper.
Back down at the start line the Rs are very high now and you can even hear some form of hook up going on between the water and the prop now.
At the finish line, lunch now over, the couple are wondering if its clean up or nap time.
Yes, Yes, we now -do see some hook-up with the prop and that forward lean of the driver is now looking effective as motion for the spectators.
Dear me at the Finish Line the Jetter has pulled his boat out of the launch area and pulled away. Some shame must be felt by the Jetter as he did not stay to tell the Propper GOOD RACE!
If you want to run with the BIG DOGs you can't DIG HOLES
Or you will MISS you'r Lunch!

Jet Hydro
02-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Dave that`s a good one ..... I`m ROTFLMAO....:D

superdave013
02-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by pops1
What do you need some support over on your side- Nailed a Sand Bar Lately! Now Lets See - Drag Racing- First One to the Finish Line. A Prop needs to dig a big hole just like a Dog walks around in circles laying grass down before it will lay down. A Jet
is God's Blessing to the Human Race as a means of getting a rush from the hole shot put on by Jets.
Mean time back at the watering hole the prop is now starting to complete its hole digging adventure and is at last seeing its first forward motion The Driver is in a total forward lean to provide the spectator with the look of speed.
Now Down at the Finish Line we see the Jetter has brought his Lunch Basket and spread the table cloth out with his Lady. Both having enjoyed the finer of food's and are Awaiting the the Arrival
of the Propper.
Back down at the start line the Rs are very high now and you can even hear some form of hook up going on between the water and the prop now.
At the finish line, lunch now over, the couple are wondering if its clean up or nap time.
Yes, Yes, we now -do see some hook-up with the prop and that forward lean of the driver is now looking effective as motion for the spectators.
Dear me at the Finish Line the Jetter has pulled his boat out of the launch area and pulled away. Some shame must be felt by the Jetter as he did not stay to tell the Propper GOOD RACE!
Or you will MISS you'r Lunch!
Dave, that must be some good shit. How much an 1/8th? :cool:

02-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by pops1
of the Propper.
Or you will MISS you'r Lunch! HEY WAITER...! I'll have 2 of whatever he is drinking!!:D :D

jweeks123
02-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Dave, that must be some good shit. How much an 1/8th? :D
HEY WAITER...! I'll have 2 of whatever he is drinking!!:D :D
think theres any left for us
:D :D :D
jw

02-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by jweeks123
think theres any left for us
:D :D :D
jw No, Pops1 drank the bar dry.

FOMOCO76
02-29-2004, 10:18 AM
nitro-nationals ? where and when ?

Oldsquirt
02-29-2004, 10:39 AM
The Nitro Nationals are in Red Bluff, California on Memorial Day weekend. It's an IHBA event.

Shark In The Pond
02-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Marble Falls is Div. 1and 2 and a points race , Alot of boats there BUT it is the hottest place on the planet !!!!! When I go and someone says I wanna go I tell them only the stong survive this trip 3 days of getting up at 4:30 in the morn followed by non stop beers!! The kids and older folks will not have much fun at this event !

Unchained
02-29-2004, 11:00 AM
FOMOCO76,
Did you buy that Eliminator Scorpion V drive?
Mark

FOMOCO76
02-29-2004, 03:06 PM
unchained , nope . decided to finish the sleek first , sent my pump to mpd and getting ready to put the stroker in , should be all done by may .the scorpion still sits next to my buddys garage though just not sure what pice he'll want when I'm done with the sleekcraft .