PDA

View Full Version : Cable or Dish??

HammerDown
02-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Cable prices are getting to high. I've had it for 20 years, great picture but the cost bites.
I can get a Dish with almost all the same channels for about 1/2 the cable price.
Question...hows the Dish picture???

sleekcraft76
02-26-2004, 06:52 PM
i have directv and love it . hade it for 8 years.

shirkey4750
02-26-2004, 07:04 PM
I've had dish now for almost twenty years big and small. Very seldom loose service, usually when snow gets on the dish, and the picture can't be beat.

Wet Dream
02-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Once you go dish, you'll never go back. ;)

DansBlown73Nordic
02-26-2004, 11:52 PM
I got a dish 6 months ago. So far its been really great.

promod
02-27-2004, 05:11 AM
have direct tv and never had a prob unless bad weather of course
:p ;)

Wet Dream
02-27-2004, 07:18 AM
It won't cut out during a normal storm. Lightning that is real close will scramble the signal for a few seconds or a minute, and heavy snow buildup on the dish itself will have to be cleaned off. I've only had to actually wipe it off maybe 4 times in the last 5 years of having it. There is an added bonus...Tanya Memme.
But thats only if you get the right system. Hot little babe gives me a chubby just thinking of her. :D

Wet Dream
02-27-2004, 07:27 AM
This is Tanya. My next wife. :D
http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/1galleries/tanya_memme2/images/P8052241.jpg
http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/1galleries/tanya_memme/images/tbobandtom.4.jpg

HammerDown
02-27-2004, 01:15 PM
So you all are saying the picture from a Dish is as sharp,crisp and clear as cable? If so great...Think I'll give it a try.
Bill, can't say I know who Tanya Memme is or hows she related to the Dish system...but glad to here she dose it for you.:D

Wet Dream
02-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
So you all are saying the picture from a Dish is as sharp,crisp and clear as cable?
Definately. I have to run cable because we can't get the local channels here on the dish. Most major cities you can get the locals through the dish. To be totally honest, the dish is a much better picture quality than my cable.
Bill, can't say I know who Tanya Memme is or hows she related to the Dish system...but glad to here she dose it for you.:D
DEFINATELY :D But you'll only get her on Direct TV

fat rat
02-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
This is Tanya. My next wife. :D
http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/1galleries/tanya_memme2/images/P8052241.jpg
http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/1galleries/tanya_memme/images/tbobandtom.4.jpg
Hey Wet...........this must be your idea of a "DISH".......I'd take her over any "Cable Guy". ;)

Wet Dream
02-27-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by fat rat
Hey Wet...........this must be your idea of a "DISH".......I'd take her over any "Cable Guy". ;)
Thats what I'm talkin' about. :D

HammerDown
02-27-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm all about a sharp clear picture. The add said I'll get all my local stations as well as about 50 others.
Now all's I have to do is wait for the TV add to come on again...because a certain lady (thanks honey), tossed out the info I wrote down.
Tanya is very pretty...but she doesn't have that (I'm a 3 input girl) look to here.:p

Wet Dream
02-28-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by HammerDown
Tanya is very pretty...but she doesn't have that (I'm a 3 input girl) look to here.:p
Thats the beauty of it...ya gotta read between the lines. :D

fat rat
02-28-2004, 06:06 AM
As for my input:D.........I'm kinda a rookie to this cable/dish thing, for the first time in my life I got cable. We are not overly thrilled with it for the money. I hear dish is more bang for the buck. But I also hear cable is suppose to be the better quality.:confused:

HammerDown
02-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by fat rat
I hear dish is more bang for the buck. But I also hear cable is suppose to be the better quality.:confused:
Thats one of my main concerns...(Picture quality). There's no drama with Cable, pic is always good...but the price sucks.
My Brother just went back to Dish...again. Personally I think his picture F'ing blows...but he's like "But I got aver 100+ channels- 7 HBO's, 4 Show times...etc...but the picture is crap. All graney and the edges arnt sharp at all. Cost him over 80 smakers a month. Really bad!
I'll have to ask some of my neighbors how it's working for them. Now where are those single Mommy's....:D

sleekcraft76
02-29-2004, 01:56 PM
may be the tv? i have directv and the pict is flawless now digital cable is ok on the upper chanls but the lower are still analog. i love my dish.

HammerDown
03-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the feedback...I found the add (dishtvnow.com)....just have to see if they have the channels in the package I want.
Great...30+ channels of F'ing Sports Football Baseball,hockey, etc:yuk: ...and no speed channel. Sure the next level gives me the speed channel...but Im back to the same $$$.
Oh well, so much for that idea.

Wet Dream
03-02-2004, 04:23 AM
DirectTV...you get Speed channel and Tanya. ;)

HammerDown
03-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Those prick F$$K's raised the Cable prices again! :mad: :yuk: :mad: :burningm:

DerangedToo
03-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Hey Ray!
Just logged in for the first time in a while, couldnt resist this subject...I am a DTV dealer for 5 years now,there picture quality is the best! Price is the same as Cable, but the signal and service are way better ! Give me a call 516-297-0397 if you want to discuss all your equipment options,
Look forward to seeing ya soon!!
Deranged out !

Freak
03-26-2004, 04:28 AM
I have a wide screen 16:5 HDTV Toshiba 65HX83 and just spent some coin to get it professionally calibrated. I must say on the HD channels of Comcast the pic is so clear it's like looking through a clean window. It's so insane I find myself watching the "picture" instead of what's going on in the show. My friend’s come over and cant believe a set that big has such a great picture. Then they go home and try to watch theirs. LOL. I had Direct TV and the pic was good but on cable the HD channels seem to be a little better. On the regular 4:3 channels I think the dish gets the nod for the pic. It's personal preference in the end. Now the cable bill is out of hand. I pay $60 a month to watch TV. What the hell am I thinking? I say call them up and tell them your going to the dish. I guarantee they will cut you a deal to keep you.

HammerDown
04-01-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Freak
I pay $60 a month to watch TV. What the hell am I thinking? I say call them up and tell them your going to the dish. I guarantee they will cut you a deal to keep you.
"Guarantee"....Uh I don't think so...the responce I got "gee Ray were sorry your unhappy with your current Cable price, sorry we can't do anything for you about that. And yes we just did have ANOTHER rate hike"...:yuk: