PDA

View Full Version : Supermarket Strike Over!

LASERRAY
02-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Who really gives a shit.............................................. ...............

BADBLOWN572
02-26-2004, 07:39 PM
I'd say it is about F'ing time! I don't care about the whinney little biatches who walked out, just since the start of the strike all good quality meets have left our local markets. I am looking forward to buying a good steak and some ribs! Everything that they have had lately is crap!

CA Stu
02-26-2004, 07:39 PM
I'm gonna march outside the market and yell at all the union members when they return to work.
"Respect my picket!! Don't work here!!"
CA Stu

Dr. Eagle
02-26-2004, 07:42 PM
I was thinking it would be better if it went on for another 6 months or so, you know so they could make their point a little better! :rolleyes:

j-rod
02-26-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
I'm gonna march outside the market and yell at all the union members when they return to work.
CA Stu
Let's form a line and not let them cross to go back to work !!

SoCalOffshore
02-26-2004, 07:44 PM
So... after losing 5 months of wages, what did they negotiate rearding health insurance? anyone know?

fourspeednup
02-26-2004, 07:47 PM
There was a strike?;)

Kachina26
02-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Now it's our turn to make a point. Boycott the stores, if we don't come they don't get their hours. Come on now all you traitors who crossed the line, heed the striker's advice and shop elsewhere.

77charger
02-26-2004, 08:06 PM
So now they will expect you to go back to their market with a smile and forget that they were the ones who would try to intimidate you if you walked past them.
F THEM

JetBoatRich
02-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Now it's our turn to make a point. Boycott the stores, if we don't come they don't get their hours. Come on now all you traitors who crossed the line, heed the striker's advice and shop elsewhere.
They pushed us to shop elsewhere:( and probably will stay that way:D
The stores need to make up lost revenue as well:eek: :eek:

rivercrazy
02-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Agreed. Now its time to boycott the stores. :p

Ryphraph
02-26-2004, 08:23 PM
To all the strikers...
Thanks for making me realize that I really don't need your store.
Let the real boycott begin.
Ryph

phebus
02-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Let the beer sales begin!! Lure me back :D

LASERRAY
02-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by phebus
Let the beer sales begin!! Lure me back :D I agree. No sales to speak of. So I did the smart thing and went to Right-Aid for my beer. It's ALWAYS on sale.:cool:

HCS
02-26-2004, 09:12 PM
If it was me, I would have gotten a different job, or cross the picket line. About time the bums get back to work.

NorCal Gameshow
02-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
CA Stu
that's some funny shiznit..:D

CMABadseed
02-26-2004, 10:13 PM
www.homegrocer.com
haha it may be worth it!:D

CMABadseed
02-26-2004, 10:14 PM
ahh well i guess it'll be up later, but it'll be up soon i guess, then they can be bored and poor, all of them!!
viva la resistance
haha

Dr. Eagle
02-26-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
I agree. No sales to speak of. So I did the smart thing and went to Right-Aid for my beer. It's ALWAYS on sale.:cool:
Good man Ray... Let those strikers know that their boycott worked so well, you're just gonna keep it up. Then they can go find a job at the Wal Mart...:eek:
Evil, I know... but I had to...:wink:

moneysucker
02-26-2004, 10:50 PM
I like the picketing idea to encourage people to shop elsewhere. It wouldn't be the same without them. Taunting them with "BOOZE ya want some?" wont happen any more. God Knows I don't buy food. There is a perfectly good non union taco shop where I don't even have to get out of the truck in the same lot. Drive thru liquor stores like Yuma and I'm set.
Shop whole foods and Trader Joes. Support your local hemp farmer.Delouse them once they'll be clean for a day. Give them soap... and they will probably smoke it.

Nubbs
02-26-2004, 11:02 PM
Darn, I was hoping they would break the union. It's about time them overpaid lazy a$$es had to work.

dc96819
02-27-2004, 02:48 AM
Looks like the sales are over

MagicMtnDan
02-27-2004, 04:43 AM
You can bet they got nothing from this strike. It sounds like they're going to settle for what was offered early on. But the union is also eating its own - part of the deal is going to screw new supermarket employees - they won't get the benefits that the strikers get. So the union will have settled and have created two classes of union members - those with decent health and other benefits (the strikers) and those without (all new hires).
You can see where this is going can't you? As soon as any striker leaves, a new employee takes his/her place = money saved by the stores. End result is a watered-down union with unhappy members (new employee).
Gotta love the way that union screwed its current membership (by striking for months for nothing) and its future membership.

Kachina26
02-27-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
So the union will have settled and have created two classes of union members - those with decent health and other benefits (the strikers) and those without (all new hires).
You mean those with Awesome health care and those with good health care. I think the first time through they were talking less than $100 contribution per month by the employees as opposed to the $0 a month they had before. How many of you have to pay $0 a month for your health care? I pay 0 for now, but that will probably change before long. That's through my wifes work (she works for a major HMO). My job would cost me $400 a month for the family with outrageous co-pays and mediocre care at best.

Havasu Hangin'
02-27-2004, 06:30 AM
Are you guys really that dumb? I hope you guys are better at negotiating your salaries than your posts.
A compensation package encompasses many areas. If you are paying $0 for healthcare...it's coming out of your wages. There is no "magic bucket" of money that they pull from. No employer is stupid enough not to look at the big picture.
From what I understand, there were concessions on the healthcare from the union, and concessions on wage increases from the retailers.
It all works out to the same net.
MMD- new employee compensation has been a push-back issue since the 80's. However, the union always seems to re-negotiate the tiered structure on future contracts.
Public companies like the "new employee-lower cost" contract because they can sell it to Wall Street that they won in the big picture.

NorCal Gameshow
02-27-2004, 06:49 AM
You can bet they got nothing from this strike. It sounds like they're going to settle for what was offered early on. But the union is also eating its own - part of the deal is going to screw new supermarket employees - they won't get the benefits that the strikers get. So the union will have settled and have created two classes of union members - those with decent health and other benefits (the strikers) and those without (all new hires).
You can see where this is going can't you? As soon as any striker leaves, a new employee takes his/her place = money saved by the stores. End result is a watered-down union with unhappy members (new employee).
Gotta love the way that union screwed its current membership (by striking for months for nothing) and its future membership.
MMD, i've brought this up before.... that is why they striked...
not just the co-pay that most people here have been stuck on...if the new employees get paid less they'll get more of the hours..

little rowe boat
02-27-2004, 12:12 PM
There were no winners in this strike,the strikers did not get what they wanted and lost 5 months of wages and the supermarkets did not get what they wanted which was to break the union and it cost them Billions. NO WINNERS.

OGShocker
02-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Now I need to find another line to cross...:rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
02-27-2004, 12:35 PM
There are no winners in this, but I'll bet the union bosses lost nothing and made all their house payments on time.....:rolleyes:

AdrenelineOD
02-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Now where am I going to shop if theres no picketers to cross.

NOTALENT
02-27-2004, 01:41 PM
ITS NOT OVER!~!!!! if u only knew....Next the delivery drives contracts are coming up for evaluation and then right after that the long shoreman..!!! THe same crap is suppost to happen to all of them making this hell for us!!!:mad:

bear down
02-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Are you guys really that dumb? I hope you guys are better at negotiating your salaries than your posts.
A compensation package encompasses many areas. If you are paying $0 for healthcare...it's coming out of your wages. There is no "magic bucket" of money that they pull from. No employer is stupid enough not to look at the big picture.
From what I understand, there were concessions on the healthcare from the union, and concessions on wage increases from the retailers.
It all works out to the same net.
MMD- new employee compensation has been a push-back issue since the 80's. However, the union always seems to re-negotiate the tiered structure on future contracts.
Public companies like the "new employee-lower cost" contract because they can sell it to Wall Street that they won in the big picture.
The way our company is structured if we pay an employee $10 per hour and after we pay 70% of medical, 15%social, workers comp. and 401k we end spending about $16 per hour for that one employee. We should thank God the we get some help from our employers!

beer hunter
02-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Each time I do the "self check out" at Home Depot it reminds me how over paid they really are :D

phebus
02-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by beer hunter
Each time I do the "self check out" at Home Depot it reminds me how over paid they really are :D
Every time I try the self check dealio at Home Depot, I want to commit suicide, when the first 10 items work, and the last item won't take, causing a longer wait then if I just would have waited and gone through a regular register!! :mad:

Dr. Eagle
02-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I'm bummed the strike is over.. :( The clerks at all the supermarkets around here had all these incredibly hot chicks working as temps during the strikes.. anyone else notice that in their area?
RD
Yeah, I did. I went into Albertsons here and there were a couple of real cuties in there.
I was also getting used to seeing (although I have only been in so cal for a month) the BBQs and all of those strikers sitting in their soon to be repoed cars with their pathetic signs...
Made going to the supermarket an adventure;)

MagicMtnDan
02-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by beer hunter
Cool new footer (signature) Michael. Any way you can make that "Vote No" a hyperlink? :cool:

Dr. Eagle
02-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Yew meen do de choin ahhhnuld against stoopid gubermint/vote no on 56 cmpain?

Kilrtoy
02-27-2004, 08:54 PM
im not ,
Now all the hot chicks will be back inside and all the trolls asking for my phone number for the discount will be gone.....

Dr. Eagle
02-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Cool new footer (signature) Michael. Any way you can make that "Vote No" a hyperlink? :cool:
OK Dan, Hyperlink Dat....;)

beer hunter
02-27-2004, 09:50 PM
I got pretty close but lost the color :D

LASERRAY
02-28-2004, 01:20 AM
I went to Vons tonight to purchase some Coor's Light for $10.00 for a 20 pack and also bought some 211 Steel Reserve for $1.25 for a 24 oz'er. I made out like a bandit N' shit!;)

Dr. Eagle
02-28-2004, 06:52 AM
I went to Vons tonight to purchase some Coor's Light for $10.00 for a 20 pack and also bought some 211 Steel Reserve for $1.25 for a 24 oz'er. I made out like a bandit N' shit!;)
WTF is 211 Steel Reserve? I guess I don't get out much, Ray...:D :D

Dr. Eagle
02-28-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by titties and beer
10$ FOR A 20:mad: ,i'm getting ****ed 12$ for a 12 er:mad: SONS OF BITCHES:yuk:
Maybe it is the Mormon State Tax???:confused:

beer hunter
02-28-2004, 07:37 AM
Daaaaaaamn, they must be droppin' prices to get the customers back in the stores. :cool: