PDA

View Full Version : 500 hp

dallas
09-09-2002, 10:28 AM
is there any way to add a little more hp to a 500 hp efi with out spending a tom of money/ IM BURNING ALOT OF OIL SO THEY ARE GOING TO TEAT THE MOTOR down so i thought sence it is gonna be down maybe it would be a good tome cost wise atleast what would yopu suggest thanks im looking for atleast 5 mph faster

pleasantcat
09-09-2002, 03:07 PM
dallas, i dont know where to begin. my 25 daytona with a 600hp engine bravo1 28p 4blade bimini UP i only run 87mph at 5300rpms :D
i dont know where your xdimension is set or any other factors. one thing i have learned... speed costs money how fast ya wanna go..

502procharger
09-09-2002, 04:06 PM
pleasentcat is right.speed is expensive, figure 15-20hp for each mph you want to gain over stock. the faster you go the more hp/mph you need. if you always will have access to good gas you may be able to bump your comp up a bit, cam, better headers, (let me know if you want to sell yours) stroker crank, better heads, port the ones you have. the list goes on and on. figure out what your budget is and you may find it is cheaper to add a procharger or whipple. i picked up my a used procharger for like 2500. 200hp gain and no problems. just something to think about

dallas
09-09-2002, 04:09 PM
i run about 80 mph by my self, i want to run atleast 85 mph. i was told to do any major horse power increases i would have to make it a carb motor. but i really like the efi and i am afraid of a super charger. i only have 3 months to boat here in wisconsin. and i cant afford to be broken down in the summer thanks for your help

pleasantcat
09-09-2002, 04:38 PM
im with 502. find a procharger and jump from 75 up to 85 to 87mph. dont be afraid of boost. boost is your friend. on your engine a procharger would give you the same no nonsence drivability but yet under a boost situation you'ld have the extra hp you desire. its the best route.
keep in mind if you love your boat and go the extra steps in hp you also need to add ext.steering a drive shower and vaaarrrooom a zoooom zooom your off :D
that just my opinion although i could be wrong. let me know what you think.... oh ooops flashback to my dennis miller days.....

502procharger
09-09-2002, 04:53 PM
pleasentcat,
you get 5 s stars for backing me up on advise. it
should help your rating. LOL

pleasantcat
09-09-2002, 05:17 PM
no prob there 502. when your right your right.....