PDA

View Full Version : Update on Jungle's pleasure boat

Jungle Boy
02-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Here's a few photos of my Eagle 19' Sport boat. These boats run a Step-Tech bottom and this one will be powered by a ZZ4 crate. It should run in the high 60's, low 70's. I may put a little nitrous to it, since it's an older motor and if it explodes I'll get a 383 stroker done for it. Keep in mind this is a river boat and will be used for exploring the local rivers and very limited lake use.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/259Picture_008-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/259Picture_007-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/259Picture_009-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/259Picture_010-med.jpg

Hustler
02-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Very cool, Hey What are you paying for the ZZ4 motors? I have friend that is ready to buy one but we are looking for the best deal and with so many people selling them it's tough.

MudPumper
02-27-2004, 12:57 PM
That's a hell of a set back on the pump. I would love to go for a ride up a river in one of those.:D

Aluminum Squirt
02-27-2004, 01:02 PM
You thought we wouldn't chase you over here too? What happend to the green? Just kidding....it looks very good-Aluminum Squirt

Jungle Boy
02-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Hustler
Very cool, Hey What are you paying for the ZZ4 motors? I have friend that is ready to buy one but we are looking for the best deal and with so many people selling them it's tough.
I beleive that I paid in the ballpark of about 5200 Canadian a few years ago for the motor. I was checking the GM catalog and they are selling a ZZ383 stroker now too. 450 HP. Mine and many like it have been VERY dependable engines for this type of boating. Mine has been in 3 races in the old boat and probably has several hundred hours on it at nearly to the pin throttle. Don't let anyone tell you different. We have yet to see one blow up or fail, other than this buddy (Greg Reeves) that forgot to put oil in after a oil change!!:eek: :D

dirtman
02-27-2004, 07:58 PM
You're missing a gauge.....is that hole for the "holy shit-o-meter"?:D

American Turbine Man
02-27-2004, 08:15 PM
You don’t really appreciate a Jet Boat until you are running up the Red Deer with Rob.
I was a “Lake Guy” until we moved up here eleven years ago. It’s a lot different jettin’ on a river where the BOTTOM RUNS VERY CLOSE THE TOP”.
AT Man

jweeks123
02-27-2004, 08:46 PM
jungle, put up some closeup pix of the jet and the hull around the jet. all angles. we just don't get to see this stuff in so. calif.
yur boat looks great
jw

bottom feeder
02-28-2004, 01:13 AM
Jungle Boy.
Now thats how a pleasure boat is built. Wind sheild and all, Suppose it going to have a wiper too? Nice. Nice. Nice. Hats off to Eagle on another. Whats the cost to the point the pics are?
Bottom Feeder

Jungle Boy
02-28-2004, 05:57 AM
1 - The gauge hole is for the fuel gauge that I don't have yet.
2 - No windshield wipers are going on this boat. I don't like the looks of them. Rainex works good enough for the wet weather.
3 - I'll take some photos when I get home. These were sent to me from the the guys at Eagle. I'm still under lockdown in the Ecuador.
4 - ATM, you are right about the difference of lake boating over river boating. And Rob is amoung the top 1-2 in the world for that type of boating. We like to cover some ground and see some scenery. Nothing wrong with lake boating and the scenery at the sandbar, but I could see that getting old fast and confrontational with all the young dudes and drinking. We really enjoy running out west and getting into the mountains and flood plains. Some very cool and technechal boating.
5 - The cost of the boat was - Freebie, nada, zero. I donated the old 19' sport for a promotional gig at the last years world race. It was dropped from a crane at 110'. Tickets are sold on the overall length and half the cash goes to charity and half to the winner. I'm paying for the rigging, paint, interior.
6 - The weight equipped with a small block and fully rigged is around 1550 lbs. Don't know about the bare hull, but will find out.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/259DAVE2c-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/259DAVE2d-med.jpg
Note the OP6C sticker survived the drop.:D :D

Cavefish
02-28-2004, 06:26 AM
Hey Dave, finally tracked down this REAL picture of your paint job and that's gonna look sweet when rigged. Someone along the way said it for me, not another Red-white-black boat. Classy color.
Jesse

Havasu Hangin'
02-28-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Jungle Boy
Nothing wrong with lake boating and the scenery at the sandbar, but I could see that getting old fast and confrontational with all the young dudes and drinking.
Hey JB-
How about dragging yer boat to Havasu this year so you can get another OP6C sticker?
We do have a river here...and plenty of "skinny water" to make you feel at home (the only difference is...instead of beaver dams...we just have beaver).
Timewarp drags his boat from WA for the Heatwave. You gonna let that guy show you up?

Jungle Boy
02-28-2004, 10:42 AM
HH, I'd sure like to make it down sometime. Just don't know when, with work obligations and other stuff. Someday, I'll come screaming in there for a beer.
:D

canuck1
02-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Davey
keep that zz4 in the garage. Use the 434 you ain't going to do nothin but waste time puttin the motor in twice
BTW I kinda liked the green boat

WESTMAN
02-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Color looks good Dave, how long is the boat ? looks shorter than my 19'

canuck1
02-28-2004, 10:54 PM
It is a 19 foot with a reeeeaaaaalllly big windsheild;)

Jungle Boy
02-29-2004, 03:06 AM
Gary, nope, she's 19'. The reeeeaaaalllly nice windshield makes it look a bit stubby. The models with windshield actually have a 6" bigger cockpit. The deck / dash is moved forward 6" to give a bit more clearance for the windshield. That's an evil trick you are giving your skier!! BTW - Good to see you over here at ***boat. Lots of beer can boaters here now. Maybe we can convert some of these glass guys!
Mike, I figured I'd get the window model, because we have traveled to boat rallys and it's been raining and have ate the rain in the the old boats. This one is even going to get a small "james bond" roof. I still have the race boat for getting some wind in the face though. :D

canuck1
02-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Davey
I'm the one that needs the windsheild to follow the tunnel.
Going out for a spin today, its going to be cold

WESTMAN
02-29-2004, 09:42 PM
:) Hey Baldy, I have one of those soft top with just the plastic window, it is a little hairy trying to run the river in the rain, I get a lot of wierd reflextions of the plastic, I pretty much have to park and wait out the rain, or drive using the 'Force". I am thinking of doing a mod were I will zip in a Lexan winshield once the roof is up, I think this will work a bit better. I am debating selling my boat and buying a 16 foot sport jet, I like the skinney water, but hate the 2-stroke. I cant make up my mind.
The girl skiing actually cut under the roost a couple of times.