PDA

View Full Version : Lightning through transom Headers

Bryan Rose
02-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Getting ready to finish setting up the boat for the season and bought a set of lightnings to help with some HP. My question here is how much noisier are these things going to be over my old logs... I have 4 inch tips to install and I know the water will help a little with the noise , Here in Ga we really dont have much in the way of noise laws, but I am hoping it will not be as bad as a set of OT injected headers... What i am hoping for is a good rumble but not the ear piercing blap of open headers like OT's . Any experience with this after going from logs to Through transom water jacketed headers on the board?
Patiently awaiting Rex's new silencers...
Bryan

American Turbine Man
02-29-2004, 12:05 AM
You are going to make more noise because you will make more power. They won't be as loud as OT's because you will be dumping water in at the collector. I don't know how much you paid for the Lightenings but you can make more power with the Bassett's. FYI.
AT Man

Jbb
02-29-2004, 02:50 AM
I have lightenings on mine and it has a somewhat louder rumble than the logs but nothing like o/t's...I have no silencers and have never been stopped...all the water dumps thru the headers on mine.I think they sound great.

Bryan Rose
02-29-2004, 06:31 AM
Reason I went with the lightnings is I do not really want to worry about burning ski ropes , insurance , peaople burns and such. Like the way they look but not the side effects they generate. In the future I will have an engine cover or sorts and will need to cover them up so water jacketed was the way to go for me. How much of a power difference in ot's versus tt's is not that much I would not believe.... Also anything over the logs or a riser type manifold has to be a substantial gain . Looking forward to finishing this thing up.
Thanks......
Bryan:D :D :D

American Turbine Man
02-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Sorry, my mistake. I thought you had the water injected style.
AT Man