PDA

View Full Version : whipple linkage

Rock-it man
03-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Having a little trouble setting up the linkage for a Quadrotor whipple with two dominaters does anyone have any pics you can post Thanks Rockit Man

HEAVYBOAT
03-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Found this pic that Info posted, doesnt show much. He might have more from a different angle for ya.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/211Almost_Done.jpg

RACER52
03-01-2004, 11:57 AM
should have bought efi. the linkage is easy. The fuel curve is the hard part.
hehehe
Racer

MKE - POWER
03-01-2004, 04:40 PM
PLacecraftboats.com
Ron has a Whipple quadrotor with twin 1050s.
A picture used to be on the site in the purple flame boat.
Mark.

Infomaniac
03-01-2004, 06:19 PM
There are other ways to do it but I used the good old Enderle sideways carb 6-71 blower linkage.
Bolted an alum angle to the bypass valves and only needed to cut one of the linkages to make it work.
Is this picture big enough?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/211linkage.jpg

Rock-it man
03-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the Pics it helped ,got it to work last night,the new Quad is a little different in the rear as the pic but it works,I have an extra large innercooler installed so it raised the blower another 4 inches had to modify the linkage but finally got it !! will post a pic when I get it all back together.

superdave013
03-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Spill the beans on the "extra large" intercooler please

Rock-it man
03-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Spill the beans on the "extra large" intercooler please
Whipple makes a larger innercooler IT HUGE !!!!! 4'' high and looks to be almost twice what my superchiller was plus there intake manafold has an innercooler in it also ,will post a pic of the set up soon should finish the hoses tonight.

superdave013
03-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Rock-it man
Whipple makes a larger innercooler IT HUGE !!!!! 4'' high and looks to be almost twice what my superchiller was plus there intake manafold has an innercooler in it also ,will post a pic of the set up soon should finish the hoses tonight.
so you have 2 coolers stacked on top of each other then?
It would be nice to be able to measure the presser drops acoss them and the temps on the top, middle and bottom of the coolers.
I ask because I also have 2 cores for my tubo engine. I was planning on running them side by side and not stacked.
My thinking is if I'm putting say 250 degrees into the top cooler and it drops the temp to say around 100. (about what my superchiller did on my blown deal) Then the bottom cooler won't do much because the lake water temp is so close to the intake charge now. Also side by side will have more surface area and that should = less pressure drop.
But the housing would be much easier to make if they were stacked. If you get good results I might re-think it.

Rock-it man
03-05-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
so you have 2 coolers stacked on top of each other then?
It would be nice to be able to measure the presser drops acoss them and the temps on the top, middle and bottom of the coolers.
I ask because I also have 2 cores for my tubo engine. I was planning on running them side by side and not stacked.
My thinking is if I'm putting say 250 degrees into the top cooler and it drops the temp to say around 100. (about what my superchiller did on my blown deal) Then the bottom cooler won't do much because the lake water temp is so close to the intake charge now. Also side by side will have more surface area and that should = less pressure drop.
But the housing would be much easier to make if they were stacked. If you get good results I might re-think it.
Will know soon,sould be running this weekend if all my parts get here today.The PowerBoat Shootout results will tell me a lot .Dont have a dyno close by to really do it right so the SPEED will tell everything !!!!:D Woundnt be doing this except we plan on 20lbs boot for the Parker run and then back it off a little,were in no mans land here !! wish there was someone who has done this before me ,guess if theres no one pushing the limits of these motors then no advancements , my engine builder ( Dennis Bush ) is like an extreme gearhead !!!!!!!always on the edge of new tehnology !!! if its all works as planed we can run WOT with cool temps,also have a large trans cooler for the drive trans to keep the heat down and and relief valves for presure everywhere. Will have pics posted this weekend of the motor setup.