PDA

View Full Version : Cut Down GAS PRICES!!!! REad.

NOTALENT
03-01-2004, 03:02 PM
GAS PRICES: Read and Pass On
2004 GASOLINE PRICES
I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want
gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united
action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE
SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going
around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because
they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy
gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for
them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that
can really work.
Please read it and join with us .By now you're probably thinking gasoline
priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.97 for
regular unleaded in my town Now that the oil companies and the OPEC
nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is
CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them
that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of
gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The
only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit
someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do
that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we
can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if
we all act together to force a price war. Here's the idea: For the rest
of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies
(which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas,
they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their
prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an
impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.
It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this
point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions
of people I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you
send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .. and those 300 send it to
at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the
message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached
over THREE MILLION
consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on
to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it
goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you
don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is
send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a
mathematician.
How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten
more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could
conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you I didn't
think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can
make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message
on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT
UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
THIS CAN REALLY WORK

bear down
03-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Lately I have been really pissed off at this whole gas thing and I started to talk about the situation that our company has to face with the increase of fuel prices and how it impacts the bottom line. Looking at the trend at both the Oil Companies and the Automotive industries I see that the Automobile industry one day is either really going to profit from the greediness of the oil companies or the oil companies will be scared to raise their prices even more. I believe that as the gas prices go up more and more people will look for ways to save money (i.e. public transportation) but what I think might happen is that automotive manfucturers will end up making very efficient and cost effective hybrid or alternative fuel vehicles (trucks,suv's, cars) and people are willing to spend the extra 7k to get a vehicle that will get 50-70 mpg. That's my .02

Blown 472
03-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Or start e mailing your elected officals you know the ones in bed with the oil companies and tell them that if they like their jobs and sucking up all the lobby money from big oil that they will do something about it or get booted from office. But then agian the wwf is on and it's easier to just bitch about it.

Dribble
03-01-2004, 03:41 PM
It won't work. Gasoline is a commodity, traded on the open market. If you don't reduce demand on the open market then you don't reduce the price. Not buying from one or two companies just increases the demand on the remaining marketers. When supply goes down the price goes up. Just like pork bellies. Do the oil companies love it. Hell yes. Why??? Even though their procurement costs are higher, they can refine less and sell it for more. More revenue for less work.
When they're selling gas for $1.35 a gallon it's not because they want to, it's because the market dictates that they have to. There is more supply than demand. Same when they're selling it for $2.35. There is more demand then supply. The only way to lower the price is to decrease demand to the point of a supply glut. Not likely to happen.
Also, the entire population of the US is less then 300,000,000.

Mandelon
03-01-2004, 04:20 PM
No No No. Boycott Chevron Texaco or Unocal. Mobil and Exxon are one company and I own stock there.........Unocal is always more expensive anyway. I boycott them regularly.
Oh yeah, and out of the 250 million US residents like 40% have email.
Boycott cigarettes instead.

randy77zt
03-01-2004, 04:48 PM
we need to tell the government california doesnt need special gasoline .when the california air resources board decided we needed special gasoline some of the refineries that made gas just quit selling it in california instead of replumbing thier cracking towers.so the refineries that are making gas have less competition.the low smog gas was made so OLDER model cars would make less smog.since most people drive late model(96 up cars with obd2) its not needed.i work as an auto tecnician and have a smog license.if i tested the same car with california gas then drained it and tested it with nevada/arizona gas it would probably test within 1 ppm on both tests.but our government like campaign contributions.

AzDon
03-01-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm guessing that this plan will make Exxon/Mobil gas more readily available to the no-name self-serve stations, while the other brands hoard their gas to keep their increased customer base serviced. The variation I like better is to boycott the cheapest no-name independents so that they sense a drop in demand and lower their prices, causing the name brands to follow or find themselves without customers.
I wanna know at what point corn ethanol is going to be a better alternative and what it will take to convert my vehicles.

Dr. Eagle
03-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Interesting idea. Ever wonder why this is a California only phenominon? Two Words: State Government.
The geniuses at the state think they are smarter than the industry petroleum engineers and have a better formula for gas. A propreitary one that was sold to the state bureaucrats by one company, written as regulation and meanwhile patented (I believe by Arco) by the company with the intelectual property. So now everyone uses their formula, even though better, cleaner ones have been developed.
So the refineries have to switch over (a major process change) from winter blend to summer blend. So they are out of commission for several weeks during the switch, which is when the price seems to spike every year.
Thank the ROCKET SCIENTISTS at the STATE of CALIFORNIA for our gas prices. That is the root cause of the hiccup.

clownpuncher
03-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
And probably 50% of the 40% actually drive vehicles. So what are we down to now, like 50 mil? :rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
03-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
And probably 50% of the 40% actually drive vehicles. So what are we down to now, like 50 mil? :rolleyes:
And out of those about 70% actually run (not lost in the lawn)...:D

clownpuncher
03-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
And out of those about 70% actually run (not lost in the lawn)...:D
OK, so that brings it to approx 35 million people that will get the email, that have cars, and that actually have cars that run. Well, I'd venture tosay that 80% of the 35 mil are to freakin lazy or could give a rats ass, like me :D. Sooo, what's that bring it down to now? Like 7 million people with operating cars and e-mail, who aren't too lazy. Hell, what's the size of L.A.? I doubt that would hardly make a dent into the oil companies bottom line.

Fiat48
03-01-2004, 09:37 PM
I've been getting the same emails. Here's the way I see it.
The only way to lower the price is to cut consumption. And at some point some people will cut back. And that's your new "top price" for gasoline. Then they will price it just under that. Meanwhile blowing more smoke up your ass. All the while seasoning you to a new "gas is cheap" price. Then they will do it all over again.
It's all about "What a willing buyer will pay." It's being tested right now.
Remember, it's an election year. It won't go too far.

Dr. Eagle
03-01-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
OK, so that brings it to approx 35 million people that will get the email, that have cars, and that actually have cars that run. Well, I'd venture tosay that 80% of the 35 mil are to freakin lazy or could give a rats ass, like me :D. Sooo, what's that bring it down to now? Like 7 million people with operating cars and e-mail, who aren't too lazy. Hell, what's the size of L.A.? I doubt that would hardly make a dent into the oil companies bottom line.
Next question is how many of those that get the email actually use Exxon/Mobil for their fuel??? Now how many would even pay attention to it. I think we are down to about 10 people by now... not much of a showing...:D

Fiat48
03-01-2004, 09:43 PM
I buy wherever the cheapest. To me, all gasoline is the same garbage. The real difference in gasoline brands is color dye. I know as my Dad used to deliver gasoline.
I don't think I have ever bought Exxon or Mobil. Usually Arco is cheapest. I buy $10 at a time...no matter the price unless heading out of town. Makes me conserve more. My little way of flipping the oil companys off. Last 3 years.

Essex502
03-02-2004, 07:20 AM
Facts:
Only 13 refineries in CA that make gas and diesel for the CA AND some export to NV and AZ.
Royal Dutch Shell group is planning on closing one of those refineries in the fall. This refinery produce 2% of the Gasoline and 6% of the diesel used in CA.
We still have to import Gasoline from out of state.
The oil refineries and oil companies profit margin increases as the price of gasoline increases. Currently in CA $0.70 of each and every gallon of gasoline is profit to the oil companies.
CA uses a special blend that "causes difficulties" every year during the change-over from winter to summer blends - even though the oil refineries know every year they will have to make the change.
No refineries are "down" only minor so-called difficulties on the change-over. Lots of rumours of difficulties but only Valero and Tesoro have acknowleged some "difficulties".
Big oil has been consolidating - Exxon merged with Mobil, Chevron with Texaco. Arco being acquire by BP (British Petroleum).
Tight supplies are also being caused by "unexpected shutdowns by refineries for 'maintenance' ", according to the Energy Information Administration. Sound like the power crisis during 2000 in CA?
The practice of Zone Pricing artificially inflates the retail level of gasoline and diesel by artificially increasing the distribution price of the fuels based on a variety of factors such as quantity of independent stations in a "zone". (Look this up on the Internet!)
Zone pricing in Connecticut (example) (http://www.house.gov/judiciary/blum0407.htm)
This happens every GOD DAMN year.
Now...I don't believe there is a "big conspiracy" to "play the market" but as the Enron debacle showed the world - it doesn't take a big conspiracy to game the system. With oil men dominating the White House and energy men through Capital Hill there isn't enough emphasis on getting to the root of the problem. Consolidation of the industry is NOT good for consumers. Exxon and Mobile are the two biggest pieces of the Standard Oil comapny broken apart under the Sherman Anti Trust Act in 1911 and now they are back together.
Just some thoughts for you all to ponder while your draining your wallet at the gas pump. Remember the names. You'll continue to here them in the future.

Essex502
03-02-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Interesting idea. Ever wonder why this is a California only phenominon? Two Words: State Government.
The geniuses at the state think they are smarter than the industry petroleum engineers and have a better formula for gas. A propreitary one that was sold to the state bureaucrats by one company, written as regulation and meanwhile patented (I believe by Arco) by the company with the intelectual property. So now everyone uses their formula, even though better, cleaner ones have been developed.
So the refineries have to switch over (a major process change) from winter blend to summer blend. So they are out of commission for several weeks during the switch, which is when the price seems to spike every year.
Thank the ROCKET SCIENTISTS at the STATE of CALIFORNIA for our gas prices. That is the root cause of the hiccup.
It was Unocal that patented the reduced emmisions blend. This was the biggest farce of recent times in this industry. Outright fraud in my opinion.

Havasu Cig
03-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
No No No. Boycott Chevron Texaco or Unocal. Mobil and Exxon are one company and I own stock there.........Unocal is always more expensive anyway. I boycott them regularly.
Boycott cigarettes instead.
How about just Chevron or Texaco....:D

HammerDown
03-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Fiat48
I buy wherever the cheapest. To me, all gasoline is the same garbage. The real difference in gasoline brands is color dye. I know as my Dad used to deliver gasoline.
Then why would my Corvette "Ping" on Citgo,Texaco brand 93 Premium and never with Amaco 93 grade Premium? Maybe the newer Computer controlled engines can adjust better for crap gas...but my older Vette knows whats going on.
9 times out of 10 I always use Amaco...just tryed the other 2 once or twice...no good.
I NEVER use Mobil/Exon.
PS. back in 1989 I hauled for Amaco. There was something different about their blend/additive package.
But I will agree...the price of Gas will be ugly this Summer...I can see them getting ready to jam it to us in time for the first Summer Holiday.:mad:

dorC
03-02-2004, 07:51 AM
Yea! Don't buy from Exxon or Mobil. But it'll be OK to buy from BP then, right?

HOSS
03-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Buy a pocket bike! liter and driving normal you get almost 3 hours out of it. That`ll piss off everyone-----------including the POlice!:D

JakeAisA
03-02-2004, 01:05 PM
These "boycott" ideas are stupid. High gas prices are an EFFECT of supply dependance--on Arab Oil (OPEC cartel). OPEC and insane, inflationary regulation of oil production is the CAUSE. What will you do if you put Exxon/Mobil out of business? Do you think any more oil is going to come out of Saudi Arabia? What about the drilling and production sites Exxon/Mobil owns? The only way to solve any problem is to address the CAUSE not the EFFECTS.
If you want lower gas prices you can do the following:
1. Go slap the nearest hippie as hard as you can accross the face(they're abundant if your in CA). Knock his Phish and Mellissa Ethridge listening ass back to 1969 and tell him that you'll hit him even harder next time...so hard you'll kill his whole family doing it...if he ever votes again.
2. Vote only for people who will deregulate business and energy in particular.
3. Write letters to our politicians, Federal and Local, on the need to let American Oil Companies explore for new oil.

Essex502
03-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by JakeAisA
These "boycott" ideas are stupid. High gas prices are an EFFECT of supply dependance--on Arab Oil (OPEC cartel). OPEC and insane, inflationary regulation of oil production is the CAUSE. What will you do if you put Exxon/Mobil out of business? Do you think any more oil is going to come out of Saudi Arabia? What about the drilling and production sites Exxon/Mobil owns? The only way to solve any problem is to address the CAUSE not the EFFECTS.
If you want lower gas prices you can do the following:
1. Go slap the nearest hippie as hard as you can accross the face(they're abundant if your in CA). Knock his Phish and Mellissa Ethridge listening ass back to 1969 and tell him that you'll hit him even harder next time...so hard you'll kill his whole family doing it...if he ever votes again.
2. Vote only for people who will deregulate business and energy in particular.
3. Write letters to our politicians, Federal and Local, on the need to let American Oil Companies explore for new oil.
Yeah, right....deregulation worked well for the phone industry, the airline industry and the CA electrical marketplace. Sure...let's do the same for oil too. Oh, BTW, what exactly do you want to deregulate about oil? The price charge to consumers? The decisions on opening and closing refineries? Zone pricing? LMAO

ITS ALL GOOD
03-02-2004, 02:18 PM
I KNOW WE ARE ALL BLOWING OFF STEAM ABOUT GAS PRICES, BUT TRUTHFULLY IS ANYONE HERE GOING TO STOP BOATING BECAUSE OF THE PRICE OF GAS? I KNOW I AM NOT, SO I WILL CONTINUE TO BITCH AS I FILL UP THE TRUCK AND BOAT . AFTER ALL IT IS MY FORM OF RELAXATION AND STRESS RELIEF AND IT IS THE LIFESTYLE I CHOOSE, SO THEREFORE I AM GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE. JUST MY $.02

clownpuncher
03-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by JakeAisA
I kinda like that part :D

clownpuncher
03-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by ITS ALL GOOD
I KNOW WE ARE ALL BLOWING OFF STEAM ABOUT GAS PRICES, BUT TRUTHFULLY IS ANYONE HERE GOING TO STOP BOATING BECAUSE OF THE PRICE OF GAS? I KNOW I AM NOT, SO I WILL CONTINUE TO BITCH AS I FILL UP THE TRUCK AND BOAT . AFTER ALL IT IS MY FORM OF RELAXATION AND STRESS RELIEF AND IT IS THE LIFESTYLE I CHOOSE, SO THEREFORE I AM GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE. JUST MY $.02
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/55capslock.gif
;)

ITS ALL GOOD
03-02-2004, 03:08 PM
Excuse the caps it is a habit, all day long i type in caps , so i forget to turn it off.

BUSTI
03-02-2004, 03:12 PM
What do we want to deregulate? How about the elimination of taxes. Hell in Kalifornia that would amount to well over a dollar per gallon! How about all the hippies in Santa Barbara that hate to see oil drilled from their coast line. How about the Alaskan reserves that the dems have said no to.
Government regulation costs us money where ever you find it. The government produces nothing and when it acts it usually steals more money out of our pockets or creates reulation that costs us more out of out pockets. Show me where regulation from government has invented a better product and or lowered fair market prices. You can't because government can only hurt your wallet and destroy motivation for business to produce more and less expensively.
Please some of you go back to college and take econ 101!!!!!!

Essex502
03-03-2004, 07:07 AM
BUSTI - You mentioned nothing concerning direct regulation of the oil industry. You mentioned regulation(s) that may affect the oil industry but also affects more than the oil industry. I believe the oil industry should BE regulated like any other utility or monopoly. Regulations can be good or bad depending on their implementation. Regulations and laws are what keeps us from being savages.

little rowe boat
03-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Screw it I'm selling the boat and the truck.I'll go back to snow skiing,raquetball,mountain biking and boxing for fun.

jackpunx
03-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
Screw it I'm selling the boat and the truck.I'll go back to snow skiing,raquetball,mountain biking and boxing for fun.
LIAR!!!!