PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry's

carbonmarine
03-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Whos gott'em - do ya like 'em, are they easy to work with , etc....
Rick 32:cool:

little rowe boat
03-01-2004, 03:21 PM
I have a 40' vine of bb's in my back yard,they are delicious,but a real pain in the ass to pick,the vines have very small thorns.

Mandelon
03-01-2004, 04:17 PM
I've got both kinds. The plant and the pdf email thing. The plant has a lot of thorns, but the fruit is nice and plump. dont let em stay wet or they get moldy.
The pdf thing was cool, but hard to type with just the edge of your thumbs. Hard to get capital letters too.
Hope that answered either question..
I'll sell you mine if you want it.

bigq
03-01-2004, 04:19 PM
I like these better..
IPAQ (http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/product_detail/product_detail_view.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@205900157 4.1078186132@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccgadcklegljklcfngcfkmdflldfjl.0&product_code=FA173A%23ABA&cat_level=1&browse_link=true)

Tom Brown
03-01-2004, 04:21 PM
We brought a bunch in and I used one for a while. I didn't like it compared to a Palm for some of the reasons Mandy cited. I had to type with the stylus but it was faster than the Palm and graffiti.
Still, it's pretty big for what it is. Also, the local carrier charges $65/mo and then bills for use on top of that. I'd really have to need it for that.
I have to admit, it was cool to send/read email from the road. :cool:

mbrown2
03-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Have a 7210 Color AT&T...Phone, Web, Email, Rolodex, Calendar...don't leave home without it...can even access Hot Boat from it.....GSM phones don't seem to have the coverage that the old digital phones do, but it is getting better...also, as a full time phone if you were in sales and spent 24/7 on it, I would get something more phone friendly, but for a converged device where I don't need to spend my whole day on it; it is best thing out. Have tried several smart phones, Palm's and IPAQ's...The syncronization capability of it (Always on) beats those others....very simple to use as well.

Tom Brown
03-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Forensic
The ones we have are Blackberry and Phone combined.
I always feel like a dork holding a PDA up to my ear. :D :D

Dr. Eagle
03-01-2004, 04:39 PM
They'd be great if they weren't always ringing and vibrating. Damn things MAKE you stay in contact with your office....
:rolleyes:

hd&boatrider
03-01-2004, 04:41 PM
My brother uses his all the time but with his spelling (no spell check that I am aware of) he looks stupid at times.
I tried one but it did not cover Lake Mohave so forget that. Working while on the lake was what I was trying to accomplish.

Dr. Eagle
03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
They'd be great if they weren't always ringing and vibrating. Damn things MAKE you stay in contact with your office....
:rolleyes: