PDA

View Full Version : New TV advise

89checkmate
03-01-2004, 03:44 PM
I need to buy a new tv for our new house in Phoenix. I would like to go with a plasma, but the prices are still too expensive.
I would like approx. 50" w/ hdtv, I was looking at the sony 50" grand wega LCD for about $4000.00
any advise?
thanks.
any advise would help.

totenhosen
03-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Hit up Gateway, Dell or Costco for some good prices.

ROZ
03-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by 89checkmate
I need to buy a new tv for our new house in Phoenix. I would like to go with a plasma, but the prices are still too expensive.
I would like approx. 50" w/ hdtv, I was looking at the sony 50" grand wega LCD for about $4000.00
any advise?
thanks.
any advise would help.
The KF50WE610 is a GREAT tv.....
Don't know about THAT price though ;) :cool:

bear down
03-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by totenhosen
Hit up Gateway, Dell or Costco for some good prices.
My father just purchased the Daewoo 42" Plasma monitor (no speakers) for $2599 a couple weeks back from Best Buy and for an additional $10 he purchased the rewards card and will receive $120 worth of gift certificates from them because of the purchase. The TV also has the 940 HD Resolution. The Daewoo series also is private labeled as AKAI and Gateway (don't know the exact name of the manufacture but one makes the same TV for all three (almost positive).)

welk2party
03-01-2004, 05:28 PM
try dtvcity.com
good prices

Akamatsu
03-01-2004, 07:02 PM
The TV you are looking at has an incredible picture, that looks great in HDTV. I can highly recommend it. The only thing I would check carefully is the price. Sounds like someone is out to make some money off of you. I believe a year ago, it came out with a SRP of $3999. If you check sony's website now, it has a SRP of $3299. This was the TV that sony came out to replace their Grand Wega XBR 50" of last year(the new nonXBR is actually better than last years XBR). I think you will be incredibly happy with it if that is what you decide.
A great reference/forum for TV's and related products is http://www.avsforum.com/ . Check it out, I am sure you will find more information than you ever wanted to know.
Akamatsu