PDA

View Full Version : Wizard Billet Speaker Grills

hd&boatrider
03-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Anybody using them? I am thinking of ordering some and would like a little input from the board. Any other suggestions or sources? What I understand is they make them and are not a reseller as others are.
The 6X9's are $150. per pair
12" sub's $105. each
Bilelt Stereo face $145. each
Powder coating is $10. per extra (any color)
Chrome is available--call for pricing is listed

little rowe boat
03-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Shit thats expensive,I think I'll stay with what I have.

hd&boatrider
03-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
Shit thats expensive,I think I'll stay with what I have.
The problem is that I am tired of grills coming loose. I use JL and they are hard to keep in place. Also, you can not buy replacement grills seperately after one gets tweaked over time.

SPECTRABRENT
03-01-2004, 07:40 PM
I bought a CD cover @ the LA Boat show from Ron's Billett in Havasu. I think all of that billett stuff is worth the $$$. I liked the design better that Wizard (still had nice stuff and same price). I will be buying the speaker covers next.
Good Luck,
Brent

hd&boatrider
03-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by SPECTRABRENT
I bought a CD cover @ the LA Boat show from Ron's Billett in Havasu. I think all of that billett stuff is worth the $$$. I liked the design better that Wizard (still had nice stuff and same price). I will be buying the speaker covers next.
Good Luck,
Brent
Ron doesn't make his though. If you don't mind me asking what was the price on the cover? If you really want a unique design to match your boat gel, interior I think Wizard will make it for you. I checked out both a the boat show and thought "Why not go with the guy who actually makes em?"

hd&boatrider
03-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
OVER ON LVHB ,CHECK WITH LV ADVANAGE ,HE HAS SOME FOR SALE 'CHEAP"BRAND -NEW
I will go over there and see if I can get some info. Thanks

SPECTRABRENT
03-01-2004, 08:09 PM
I paid 145.00 for the face plate. It was one of those buys @ the boat show. I saw it and bought it. If Wizard had one I like @ the show I would have bought it.
Brent

hd&boatrider
03-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
CHECK NOW I WENT OVER AND FOUND THEM IN CLASIF
I checked them out and NOT ONE is the size I am looking for :(. I have 8 6X9's, 2 12" subs and want a different design anyhow. The price is right for them if you want tribal plus have the appropriate speakers.

Outnumbered
03-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
I checked them out and NOT ONE is the size I am looking for :(. I have 8 6X9's, 2 12" subs and want a different design anyhow. The price is right for them if you want tribal plus have the appropriate speakers.
$600 for speaker grills--ouch. :eek: I'll keep my ghetto grills.. :D .they have never fallen off (thru-bolted). Also, seems like that billet would block the sound somewhat.
OL

Wild Horses
03-02-2004, 06:51 AM
I've been trying to get a hold of Wizard they don't answer the Phone, The Voice mail is full so you can't leave a message and they aren't returning there e-mails.
I won't the nice sterep cover but it has to fit a sony mp70 so it needs to be deep.:(
Clint

1stepcloser
03-02-2004, 07:29 AM
THey are hard to get in touch with, I finally was able to reach them though, ordered a stereo face, $150.00, no charge for powdercoat (white).
This is a really nice peice, in my opinion, although it's expensive, it's worth the money to me.
Great machining, great looking work.
Be patient, about the phones though, worth the wait.

RobR.
03-02-2004, 07:31 AM
I ordered a stereo face plate a couple of weeks ago. I was told that it would be sent out on the 16th or the 17th. They charged my credit card on the 11th. I have not recieved it yet. I have left a couple messages and have never got a return phone call. Their website says that you will not be charged until the item is shipped.:confused:

hd&boatrider
03-02-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Old Lavey
$600 for speaker grills--ouch. :eek: I'll keep my ghetto grills.. :D .they have never fallen off (thru-bolted). Also, seems like that billet would block the sound somewhat.
OL
It is all relative isn't it :) You can buy a design that does not block as much as some others. If yours works for you that is all that counts.

phuggit
03-02-2004, 08:40 AM
I have them throughout my boat. I didn't get them anodized because I like the billet look.
My only bitch is that I have the flame pattern grills and my front speakers are near the floor, below the front seat cushions. After hitting my toes on the sharp flame tips for a weekend, I took them off and rounded the tips off with a Dremel tool.

hd&boatrider
03-02-2004, 09:07 AM
I tried calling and sure enough I got a voice mail and can't leave a message. WTF!
Anyhow, here is the web site for those interested: http://wizardbillet.com/home.htm

syke-o
03-02-2004, 09:20 AM
i am waiting for my grills to come in the mail. I ordered 4 pairs of 6x9 grills and a head unit cover all in the anodix=zed orange color. I will post pics as soon as i get them installed.:D

hd&boatrider
03-02-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by syke-o
i am waiting for my grills to come in the mail. I ordered 4 pairs of 6x9 grills and a head unit cover all in the anodix=zed orange color. I will post pics as soon as i get them installed.:D
How long have you been waiting?

RUNFAST
03-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Does RONS BILLET have a website?

hd&boatrider
03-02-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by RUNFAST
Does RONS BILLET have a website?
I think so and I have his card at home. If I can remember in my old age I will post it tonight.

syke-o
03-02-2004, 09:29 AM
How long have you been waiting?
i ordered them on the last weekend of the boat show in LA and they should have been here the end of last week, bit didnt show so i think this week for sure..... i didnt order the 12" sub grills though because you cant see the grills the way they are facing by the driver and passenger foot rest area...

hd&boatrider
03-02-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by syke-o
i ordered them on the last weekend of the boat show in LA and they should have been here the end of last week, bit didnt show so i think this week for sure..... i didnt order the 12" sub grills though because you cant see the grills the way they are facing by the driver and passenger foot rest area...
I am getting them mostly to protect the speakers....they also look good :) What is taking them so long anyhow? Did they tell you it would take that long?

syke-o
03-02-2004, 09:35 AM
I am getting them mostly to protect the speakers....they also look good :) What is taking them so long anyhow? Did they tell you it would take that long?
they said to do the orange color on them it would take a little longer... no biggie... i told them as long as i get them before spring break i will be ok..... and the other reason besides the look of the grilles is to also protect the speakers a little bit better and the old grilles kept falling off and all dented to shit....

jjfosterj
03-02-2004, 09:40 AM
From the display's I saw it looks like the cover uses the out side of the speaker for support I mounted mine inside my seats and have stock cover that seems to not stick out as far I didn’t want spend the money to see one of the kids knock it off and have to mount
everything outside the seats and have that edge stick out further. Have anyone had this problem ?
:confused:

hd&boatrider
03-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by jjfosterj
From the display's I saw it looks like the cover uses the out side of the speaker for support I mounted mine inside my seats and have stock cover that seems to not stick out as far I didn’t want spend the money to see one of the kids knock it off and have to mount
everything outside the seats and have that edge stick out further. Have anyone had this problem ?
:confused:
I believe they do go on the out side.....Sounds like you have it already secure so if I read your post correctly....what is the problem again?

Ducatista
03-02-2004, 10:11 AM
There is a picture of one of my 10" purple subs under the back seat on Wizard's main page. I had a total of 14 speakers and the head unit done in purple, which really dressed up the interior of my ride. To me it was worth the bucks, but by no means was it cheap. Ken & Jeremy are great people, with a great product, and I would highly recomend them. (even to a Harley guy!) J/K;)
F.Y.I. there are brackets that attach to the existing speakers frame, that the Wizard grills mount/screw onto.

jjfosterj
03-02-2004, 10:18 AM
I have speakers on the rear seat of the boat where most traffic
comes in and out I was worried about my kids who can barley reach the floor useing them as a step and pulling the speaker out. With them mounted inside they would have to pull the speaker through the bottom of the seat. I just wanted to know if any one had a problem like this before I spend the money

GBLASER
03-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Kind of scarry if they do not answer the phone or return calls for a week. I have left many messages and no call back. It worries me to place an order with a credit card, after reading the other posts.
Does anyone know them or know if they are on vacation or something. Not a good way to run a business especially after the boat show. You would think that they would be readilly accessable after spending the money and time to set up at the show.
If it is this big of a hassle, then alot of people will just say screw it, I dont REALLY have to have them.
Come on "WIZARD" step up to the plate.

hd&boatrider
03-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Had to get the Harley shot in didn't you :).....I am sold on them but if they don't answer the phone or respond to an email I will be going elsewhere. If they are too busy maybe they need to put that on their voice mail message so as not to waste anybodys time.
Purple....and a Ducati? Did it have a dinosaur emblem on them? Why am I not surprised...hehe j/k Back at ya
Originally posted by Ducatista
There is a picture of one of my 10" purple subs under the back seat on Wizard's main page. I had a total of 14 speakers and the head unit done in purple, which really dressed up the interior of my ride. To me it was worth the bucks, but by no means was it cheap. Ken & Jeremey are great people, with a great product, and I would highly recomend them. (even to a Harley guy!) J/K;)
F.Y.I. there are brackets that attach to the existing speakers frame, that the Wizard grills mount/screw onto.

hd&boatrider
03-02-2004, 10:23 AM
comes in and out I was worried about my kids who can barley reach the floor useing them as a step and pulling the speaker out. With them mounted inside they would have to pull the speaker through the bottom of the seat. I just wanted to know if any one had a problem like this before I spend the money
I don't think they would be big enough to use them as a step but I could be wrong. I would not be interested if they stuck out that much :(

Ducatista
03-02-2004, 10:32 AM
The spkr grills are about 1inch thick, I don't think they would be used as steps by the little ones. They don't really stick out that much. I have 2 6x9's and a 10"sub under the back seat and have not experienced any problems. It is possible to hook clothing on the tribal pattern grills though.

jjfosterj
03-02-2004, 10:46 AM
The spkr grills are about 1inch thick, I don't think they would be used as steps by the little ones. They don't really stick out that much. I have 2 6x9's and a 10"sub under the back seat and have not experienced any problems. It is possible to hook clothing on the tribal pattern grills though.
Thanks for the info Hey is that your boat in the B.T.

hd&boatrider
03-02-2004, 10:51 AM
I wonder how much business they are losing taking into consideration us here on HB only?
Originally posted by GBLASER
Kind of scarry if they do not answer the phone or return calls for a week. I have left many messages and no call back. It worries me to place an order with a credit card, after reading the other posts.
Does anyone know them or know if they are on vacation or something. Not a good way to run a business especially after the boat show. You would think that they would be readilly accessable after spending the money and time to set up at the show.
If it is this big of a hassle, then alot of people will just say screw it, I dont REALLY have to have them.
Come on "WIZARD" step up to the plate.

Ducatista
03-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the info Hey is that your boat in the B.T. I have seen my boat in Cheetah Bob's add occasionally, but if it's a forsale add it's not mine.

GrapeApe
03-02-2004, 11:06 AM
I am waiting as well.. I have been told 2 different times that I can expect them, and they haven't arrived. I bought 2 sets of 6x9 covers and 1 set of 6.5's in Pewter Powder coated, the 1st weekend of the Boat Show. They told me at the Boat Show that I would have them within 2 weeks... I dont think I would buy from them again, unless they somehow become more Customer service Friendly..
Just my .02
*** Grape Ape ***

jjfosterj
03-02-2004, 11:06 AM
I have seen my boat in Cheetah Bob's add occasionally, but if it's a forsale add it's not mine.
Look at Pg. 101 Feb.26-Mar.3,So Cal. Close but pic is B.W.

RobR.
03-02-2004, 02:49 PM
I just got a call from Wizard saying that they had a family emergency and only had one guy trying to run the shop. I was told that my stereo face plate will be shipped out by Friday at the latest. Maybe the power of ***boat does work:) :)

jjfosterj
03-03-2004, 09:15 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1366newboat029-med.jpg
Billet Audio Covers
"Because Looks Do Matter!"
http://www.billetaudiocovers.com

jjfosterj
03-03-2004, 09:20 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1366newboat037-med.jpg

Havaparty
03-04-2004, 08:49 AM
Ron's Custom Detail and Billit is the way to go. It is of the highest quality. We use his products all the time here at the boat factory.

bigq
03-04-2004, 09:07 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1366newboat029-med.jpg
Billet Audio Covers
"Because Looks Do Matter!"
http://www.billetaudiocovers.com
JJFosterJ:
What boat is that with the blue flames, nice profile on it?
Cheetah?

hd&boatrider
03-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Here is Rons web site: http://ronscustomdetail.com/f_stereo.htm

Ducatista
03-04-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by bigq
JJFosterJ:
Cheetah?
I had to ask him the same question just the other day....yes its a Cheetah 29....beautiful boat.

riverbound
03-04-2004, 10:21 AM
We sell wizard at my shop and it does take time to get the stuff (usually about 2 weeks) I talked to jeremy the other day and they got more business from the boat show than they expected. IMO they are the best looking and best built grills around. they are very durable and be powder coated to match your hardware in your boat. They are also capable of building custom designs.

ROZ
03-04-2004, 10:43 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1366newboat037-med.jpg
Did edmond from the RRX boards make these? That's the way they should be done.... open area w/ grill..... BUT the flame kinda covers the tweeter... :(

rivercrazy
03-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Roz touched on my issues with these grills. #1 that they have some sort of metal screen to protect the cones. And my bigger one in that almost all these designs cover or partially cover the tweeter. Since high frequencies coming from tweets are extremely directional, covering them usually degrades the sound quality significantly.

ROZ
03-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Roz touched on my issues with these grills. #1 that they have some sort of metal screen to protect the cones. And my bigger one in that almost all these designs cover or partially cover the tweeter. Since high frequencies coming from tweets are extremely directional, covering them usually degrades the sound quality significantly.
Mr. Crazy,
Would you put these over your tweeters?
MB Quart:
http://www.billetaudiocovers.com/images/designSmall/tweeterMBQ.gif
The one size model:
http://www.billetaudiocovers.com/images/designSmall/tweeter.gif
:eek:

rivercrazy
03-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Nope! :D
Shit those grills cost more than I paid for my speakers! Its just a little metal anyway. I know the machines to mill this stuff are expensive but I bet there is MUCHO gross margin in those things. Maybe the volume produced doesn't justify a lower retail selling cost.

ROZ
03-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Maybe the volume produced doesn't justify a lower retail selling cost.
Bingo!

rivercrazy
03-04-2004, 11:11 AM
I will say one thing though. As long as there is the metal mesh included in the billet covers, they provide great protection and they look bad-ass! I'm just poor! :D :D

GBLASER
03-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Still no answer from Wizard, can anyone find out the real story and when they will be up and running again? Has anyone received their order in the last few days? They sure are loosing alot of money because of this family emergency.
Oh by the way... I did not like the look of the speaker grills until they added the mesh, as soon as my wife saw them with the mesh she had to have them....... then no answer. COME ON WIZARD. Also does anyone know of another place that sells the same thing?

RobR.
03-04-2004, 04:21 PM
when they called me yesterday she stated that my faceplate would be mailed out by friday at the latest. I will let everyone know when I get my it. By the ttb I did buy the grills posted on lvhb. Rich shipped them to me today.

syke-o
03-04-2004, 04:35 PM
i am starting to worry a little bit too... i was supposed to get them end of last week and it is now end of this week and no grills... i tried calling the past few days and no answer or call back.... anyone have another number to reach them?????:confused:

ROZ
03-04-2004, 04:45 PM
My guess is that if there is really a family emergency and only one guy running the shop, that he's probably really workin hard on getting the boatshow orders out.... If he keeps answering phones, howz he suppose to get the stuff out? Especially if he'sworking all the steps from the order through sending out ups....
I agree that there should be some sort of outgoing message saying what's going on, though.
I think he goes by 34Wizard or Wizard34 on the RRX boards... Maybe someone on RRX knows what's up...

superdave013
03-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
Mr. Crazy,
Would you put these over your tweeters?
MB Quart:
http://www.billetaudiocovers.com/images/designSmall/tweeterMBQ.gif
The one size model:
http://www.billetaudiocovers.com/images/designSmall/tweeter.gif
:eek:
anyone here think these look nice?? :confused:
That bottom one looks like shit if you ask me. (and I know you didn't ask) and the top one is not much better.

Tom Brown
03-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Those would really improve dispersion. :D :D :D

RobR.
03-04-2004, 06:14 PM
When I got home tonight there was a delivery notice from Airbourne Express. So hopefully If I leave the signed delivery notice on my door I will have the face plate tomorrow.:D :D

jjfosterj
03-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by bigq
JJFosterJ:
Cheetah?
Sorry I'm new to the Forums the other is a 19'5" Dana
I will update the profile

RobR.
03-06-2004, 05:59 PM
I recieved my stereo faceplate friday night. It took a little long to get than expected, but I am happy with it.

syke-o
03-08-2004, 12:39 PM
just got a call from wizard and they said they were sorry and that my stuff should be at my house today.... they had some family issues they needed to take care of... :)

OGShocker
03-08-2004, 12:44 PM
You may want to speak with Ron at Ron's Detail shop in LHC. He is turning out some nice stuff. BEWARE of the metal stampers out there. You want REAL billet grills. Quality costs!
Anybody using them? I am thinking of ordering some and would like a little input from the board. Any other suggestions or sources? What I understand is they make them and are not a reseller as others are.
The 6X9's are $150. per pair
12" sub's $105. each
Bilelt Stereo face $145. each
Powder coating is $10. per extra (any color)
Chrome is available--call for pricing is listed

hd&boatrider
03-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
You may want to speak with Ron at Ron's Detail shop in LHC. He is turning out some nice stuff. BEWARE of the metal stampers out there. You want REAL billet grills. Quality costs!
Are you saying that Wizard does not make REAL billet grills?

rivercrazy
03-08-2004, 02:25 PM
I agree. I think billet for speakers grills is a tad overkill IMHO! :D :D

superdave013
03-08-2004, 02:35 PM
2 things,
1. You would have to sell a shitload to pay for the die.
2. You couldn't ever get anything custom.
But yes, you could put a thin sheet of "billet" and stamp out a ton of grills very quick. I don't think you could use 6061 T6 though.

OGShocker
03-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Are you saying that Wizard does not make REAL billet grills?
Not at all... Just throwing out options..
Originally posted by RiverDave
Ok from a guy that knows machining & a little bit of stamping.. LOL
Why would Billet be better then stamping? Stamping would give you a lighter weight grill, for less money, that looks exactly the same after polishing..
RD :confused:
You busting my junk? This coming from a guy that would not stop by ( a 2nd time) for a beer at the boat show?
:D ;)
The thread was about BILLET grills. Not stamped, plastic or any other material. B I L L E T.:D

Laveyman
03-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
My guess is that if there is really a family emergency and only one guy running the shop, that he's probably really workin hard on getting the boatshow orders out.... If he keeps answering phones, howz he suppose to get the stuff out? Especially if he'sworking all the steps from the order through sending out ups....
I agree that there should be some sort of outgoing message saying what's going on, though.
I think he goes by 34Wizard or Wizard34 on the RRX boards... Maybe someone on RRX knows what's up...
I think the real story is this...
Last week a new family moved into my neighborhood. They a white Suburban and white Excursion, both lifted with sweet billet rims, all decked out with WILZRDBILLET.COM stickers in the back windows. They brought their Topkick tow truck and 40-foot plus 5th wheel and all their toys too. I would guess they have been too busy moving into their new mansion and the business took a back seat for a while. I hope they come through for ya!

RobR.
03-09-2004, 04:04 PM
If they moved to Corona it would sure be a hell of drive to their shop in Havasu. Not saying that they could not move the shop.

ROZ
03-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Laveyman
I think the real story is this...
Last week a new family moved into my neighborhood. They a white Suburban and white Excursion, both lifted with sweet billet rims, all decked out with WILZRDBILLET.COM stickers in the back windows. They brought their Topkick tow truck and 40-foot plus 5th wheel and all their toys too. I would guess they have been too busy moving into their new mansion and the business took a back seat for a while. I hope they come through for ya!
lol... With the big house and all the toys, one would think they could pay a moving company to follow all the little woman's orders while bank ran the business.. :D
Have you shared a bottle of Don Julio with the new neighbors yet? You know, a welcome to the neighborhood type of thing...;)

GBLASER
03-10-2004, 05:48 PM
What happened to them?They sure are loosing alot of money by not answering the phone calls.....Its getting to the point that it is not necessary to have them this year.
The least that someone could do, is have a friend or an employee spend a few hours and return phone messages. Then the public would know and if they truly have a family emergency then everyone would understand.
The family emergency will be that they do not have a business anymore.
Does anyone have any answers?

wsuwrhr
03-10-2004, 06:43 PM
hijack this thread, You could do it out of "O" alloy material and hydroform it. Fairly inexpensive, I dont agree that it will polish up as nice as 60 series though, not "hard" enough, I think you could hydroform 6061 too.
Brian

1stepcloser
03-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by GBLASER
What happened to them?They sure are loosing alot of money by not answering the phone calls.....Does anyone have any answers?
CAll Jeff at Billet Audio Covers (http://www.billetaudiocovers.com/) 949-233-0908.
He had an answer for me.:)

Ron Burnett
03-10-2004, 08:22 PM
My name is Ron Burnett, and I am the owner of Rons Custom Detail in Lake Havasu City, AZ. I first want to
show my appericiation for those of you who have complimented our products and service. I have great pride in the workmanship and products that come from our buisness, and it means alot when you get rewarded by praise from customers.
In regards to our BILLET speaker grills, we have them in 6 different designs that come in 6 1/2", 6X9", 10", and 12" sizes. We also carry waterproof stereo faceplate housing in these sames designs. All of which can be powder coated to match your existing hardware.
Unfortunatly, my web site is currently under construction, but should be completed within a month. Once completed, you will be able to shop via shoppping cart for some "BLING-BLING" for your boat!
Thank you for you patronage-
Rondog
P.S.
I or one of my friendly staff will be WAITING by the phone to help you with questions and orders. We are open Mon.-Sat. 8:00am to 5:00pm

hd&boatrider
03-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Everybody and I mean everybody is having problems getting thru to Wizard....from what I hear even Eliminator can't get thru. Enough about Wizard...go here to get the latest products and service when it comes to speaker grills:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=616910#post616910

syke-o
03-15-2004, 02:52 PM
finally!! i finally got the grills in on Friday afternoon via UPS... they look sweet and i just got finished putting them on... they match perfect!!! i am still a little bit pissed it took so long.... but oh well they are on and look good:)

GrapeApe
03-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Got mine as well on Friday.. I am happy with the way they look as well.. They arrived 1 week before our 1st trip, so I will cut them a little slack, although they where 5 weeks later then I was told at the Boat Show...
*** Grape Ape ***

GBLASER
03-15-2004, 03:13 PM
I spoke with Billet audio and they said that they get the covers from Wizard. Should I feel any better about that? I was told that they would be about 5 weeks out and that I would get a Email on Friday showing the ones that I had chosen. No Email.....WOW it sure sounds that there's a real market for a company that can perform. I would go to Rons, but I'm not sure I like them as well, since I have never seen them in person, and do they have the screen?