PDA

View Full Version : whats the best way?

MarKist
03-02-2004, 07:27 AM
ok....what do you guys think is the best water injection system for headers(bassett tee's, banderlog,or Cyclone's type set up )I'm at the point where I am ready to bust off this new engine ,and after that its going to the lake for a test run !!:D :D
Mark

Oldsquirt
03-02-2004, 08:49 AM
This subject was just discussed a few weeks ago in this thread:Banderlog valve. Good, bad, indifferent (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40460)

Jordy
03-02-2004, 09:39 AM
My banderlog just arrived in a brown truck yesterday. I figure it's pretty cheap insurance to keep the oil and water separate. :D

HammerDown
03-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Mark...I would think if you wanted to go the simplest, least expensive, and most fail safe way to inject the headers...then that would be a on/off hand operated ball valve at the drivers seat that is plumbed directly to a (T) or even the Bassett T right off the main pump feed.
I'm not putting the Banderlog valve or others down...but I'm sure it could fail at some unwanted point.
I've been running my header system like LV's for several years now and it's been great...however I still ALWAYS turn my head to make sure the headers are misting and going dry at idle.
I also restricted each brass fitting(8) at every tube,(never raw water out the back). I also filter the water going to the headers so the extra small holes won't ever become pluged.
There is a chance I may be going to a Hand valve like above, as sometimes the Bassett Spring becomes weak and or could break.

MarKist
03-03-2004, 12:06 PM
let's see ...I like the Banderlog Valve and everybody has said nothing but good shit about it !!how much is one anyway??
Mark

superdave013
03-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Dry, hot and Blue baby!

MudPumper
03-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by MarKist
let's see ...I like the Banderlog Valve and everybody has said nothing but good shit about it !!how much is one anyway??
Mark
$250

Heatseeker
03-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Think of all the stiff necks you won't have, turning around to check your headers when you hit the slow water! It's sure nice to know the water stopped without having to look.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Dry, hot and Blue baby!
I'm with dave 100% on that one;) ;) ;) ;)
I love the look of my blue headers:D :D
better yet I love how the decibles raise when the water turns off:D :D

HammerDown
03-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Heatseeker
Think of all the stiff necks you won't have, turning around to check your headers when you hit the slow water! It's sure nice to know the water stopped without having to look.
Your right...a few bucks for a nice Ball Valve and a few feet of hose.
And for sure it will always work!:wink: