PDA

View Full Version : What pitch are the blades on a berk impellor?

460rogers
03-02-2004, 05:51 PM
What pitch (angle) are the impellor blades?

sidewound
03-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Hey 460!
I think the angle is congruent to the interface between the hobnob and the doodad! To calculate this, divide the angle between the whatsis and the thingie by the square root of three. Hope I've been of help.
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEE HEE!!!!!
Peace Man! :cool:
CESAR

HotRod Sprint
03-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by sidewound
Hey 460!
I think the angle is congruent to the interface between the hobnob and the doodad! To calculate this, divide the angle between the whatsis and the thingie by the square root of three. Hope I've been of help.
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEE HEE!!!!!
Peace Man! :cool:
CESAR
WOW, Cesar in a good mood, must have gotten above freezing today :D Hey Cesar, hows the winter projects on the Sidewinder coming along.
Rod

460rogers
03-02-2004, 07:04 PM
thanks I'll try that formula later.
Are they all the same?

MANIC MECHANIC
03-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Cesar,
I think thats a little more information than he's looking for!
:D
Tim

460rogers
03-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Are they all the same?

Wet Dream
03-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Yes they are the same, its the length or bite of each "blade" that makes the cut of the impeller. To make an A into a B, you remove material from the leading edge of each blade. You can always remove, but not add.

460rogers
03-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Are the angles the same on aggressor,berkley,prowler,and dominator?
To make an A into a B, you remove material from the leading edge of each blade.
LEADING EDGE ???

Duane HTP
03-02-2004, 08:29 PM
You remove material from the REAR of the blade.

Wet Dream
03-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Oh sure...leave it up to Duane to prove me wrong. :D Hell, I thought it was the leading edge that did all the work. I guess then by cutting the back it relieves the work created by the imp.

460rogers
03-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Is the pitch (angle) different berk, dom ,agressor??

Duane HTP
03-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Didn't mean to upset you. The length of the blade controls how long the water is pushed by the impeller. A "B" cut impeller blade is shorter than an "A" cut impeller blade. Therefore pushes the water a shorter amount of time and requires less TQ & HP to turn it to a specific RPM. Just trying to help, Wetdream.

Duane HTP
03-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Most impellers have about the same pitch. The Aggressor however, leans forward a bit more at the biting edge of the vein and moves a little more water per revolution.

UBFJ #454
03-03-2004, 05:21 AM
Duane - How much more water does the Aggressor impeller move? Do you think the additional amount would be significant to us once we get the boat to stay hooked-up?

mud duck
03-03-2004, 11:23 AM
I always thought that the angle of the dangle was in direct correlation to the mass of the a$$ multiplied by the heat of the meat. Of course one also has to take into effect the amount of consuptiuon one has participated in, and the result of damaged brain cells.
Are we talking about the same thing? I am confused!

460rogers
03-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Why do they all have the same pitch?
Is this just one of those THATS THE WAY THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN things,or is this angle a proven fact?
Or is this just a most boats will work with this lets keep it simple thing?

460rogers
03-03-2004, 05:20 PM
I am not trying to support anyones opinion on how the jet pulls or produces thrust.
I was just wondering if different pitchs(angles)are available or are they all pretty much the same.
And if they are all the same why?

Duane HTP
03-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Duane - How much more water does the Aggressor impeller move? Do you think the additional amount would be significant to us once we get the boat to stay hooked-up?
Yes, I do.

Wet Dream
03-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Duane HTP
Didn't mean to upset you. The length of the blade controls how long the water is pushed by the impeller. A "B" cut impeller blade is shorter than an "A" cut impeller blade. Therefore pushes the water a shorter amount of time and requires less TQ & HP to turn it to a specific RPM. Just trying to help, Wetdream.
You didn't upset me at all. I had never seen one cut and I just assumed that it was cut from the intake side and therefore reduced the amount that it was taking in, not cut from the rear releasing the amount of water. Ya learn something new everyday.;)