PDA

View Full Version : Test results with new Aggressor Bowl & Impeller

DiverDown
03-03-2004, 07:12 PM
I received the Aggressor 9 vane bowl and stainless A cut impeller yesterday and after checking it out and letting everybody finger it for a little bit we loaded everything up and got ready for testing this morning.Test#1- First few runs were with the Berkeley bowl and Berkeley stainless A cut that has been "race prepped" by Greg Shoemaker at GS Marine. With that set up the boat ran consistantly 93-94mph GPS@6200rpm. Test#2 We installed the new Aggressor 9 vane bowl but left the Berk impeller in the pump. With that set up the boat did seem to leave a little harder, and by that I mean that I could put my foot all the way in it a little quicker without cavitating the pump, but the speed and RPM did not change. It again ran 93-94mph GPS@6200rpm. I do think that had we been running the boat through the clocks it might have E.T.'d better because of the way it left. Test#3- We left the Aggressor bowl on but also installed the new A cut Aggressor as it came to us out of the box. With this set up the boat definitly left harder(at least it felt like it did) than with the previous two set ups and ran 96mph GPS@5900rpm. Test#4-This was the really interesting test. As I stated in a previous thread, we were provided (free of charge) a Dominator bowl and impeller A cut that had both been "detailed" by a guy named Don Bowers. My pump guy installed the Dominator set up and back to the water I went. The boat left good and ran a best of 98mph GPS@6200rpm. We still have some tinkering to do with the set up on this boat, and I will keep everybody posted as to it's progress. As a side note, all of the tests were made with the same amount of fuel in the boat and the weather conditions were the same almost all day, Cloudy- 96% humidity and 53-55 degrees. Water temp was 67 degrees and there was about very slight chop or big ripple on the surface. The motor is now ready for the blown Daytona and we will be doing similar bowl and impeller tests with that boat as well. I would love to hear everybody's opinions and thoughts on the tests and components we ran today. I think...:D

Jim Brock
03-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Sounds pretty good for the aggressor set up, the other two were race prepped, the aggressor pulls more water , detail and sharpen the aggressor empeller and bowl, cut it to a A/B and it should run 100mph at 6200, Jim

HammerDown
03-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Nice job...thanks. True the Dominator gave the best mph at 98 mph @ 6200...but 96 mph @ 5900 rpm's with the Aggressor aint dog meat!
Wonder where the mph would be if your engine went to 6200 with Agressors parts?

565edge
03-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Did you compare intake pressure readings?Is your intake tapped to see if you had enough water with the aggressor stuff?Sounds like you guys are having fun.Keep up the good work and be safe.Thanks for the results

Jungle Boy
03-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Great Info - You need to start river boat racing. Hours are spent on the river bank and launch doing that. The results are always interesting. Same day (hour if possible) is the only level playing field that equal. Good shit. :cool:
Would be real cool if you could try out that new Eagle bowl. Most of the guys have seen 3-5 MPH over any previous set up.

DiverDown
03-03-2004, 07:39 PM
565edge posted..
Did you compare intake pressure readings?Is your intake tapped to see if you had enough water with the aggressor stuff?Sounds like you guys are having fun.Keep up the good work and be safe.Thanks for the results
No, we were not set up to take any readings today but we will be rectifying that situation tomorrow when my pump guy starts hooking up some sensors so that we can get some reading to learn from.
Jim Brock posted..
detail and sharpen the aggressor empeller and bowl, cut it to a A/B and it should run 100mph at 6200, Jim
That is something we would like to do. Do you have any recommendations on who we should get to do the work on the Aggressor?? I don't know Greg Shoemaker or Don Bowers, they are the guys who worked the other impellers before we received them. Recommendations would be appreciated.

HotRod Sprint
03-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Jungle Boy
Great Info - You need to start river boat racing. Hours are spent on the river bank and launch doing that. The results are always interesting. Same day (hour if possible) is the only level playing field that equal. Good shit. :cool:
Would be real cool if you could try out that new Eagle bowl. Most of the guys have seen 3-5 MPH over any previous set up.
Hey Jungle, I'm sure if Eagle would loan him one, he'd be glad to try it, and probably wouldn't give it back :D
Diverdown, just wanted to say thanks for giving us all the info. I know you are doing some time consuming work for the results.
Rod

Jet Hydro
03-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by DiverDown
That is something we would like to do. Do you have any recommendations on who we should get to do the work on the Aggressor?? I don't know Greg Shoemaker or Don Bowers, they are the guys who worked the other impellers before we received them. Recommendations would be appreciated.
If I was going to have an Aggressor pump Race prepped, I would call on Duane from HI-Tech... Just My $0.02

DiverDown
03-03-2004, 08:10 PM
We only need to have the bowl and impeller worked. The pump is fresh.
We are also considering installing an inducer.

Jet Hydro
03-03-2004, 08:13 PM
We only need to have the bowl and impeller worked. The pump is fresh.
We are also considering installing an inducer.
Well, I still say the same thing being that those are the most important things in a pump.:D

DiverDown
03-03-2004, 08:15 PM
I will probably be giving Duane a call to see what he thinks..I think the guy that is helping me with my pump knows him.

Jet Hydro
03-03-2004, 08:19 PM
I know you`ll be happy with his work. His shop number is 316-794-8616.

1tricky1
03-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Way cool Diver!!! There have been many requests from people on these boards for a comparison test such as yours. Very interesting results. Once again, thanks for sharing your results!!
Keep up the good work and let us know what happens with the detailed aggressor bowl and impeller. I think either Duane at HTP or Jack @ MPD would do you right. Be safe out there!

HammerDown
03-03-2004, 08:32 PM
I belive it was Blown502 (21Liberator)...that did a 3 Bowl comparison...Aggressor, Berk, AT. Anyone recall that one?

Jet Hydro
03-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Yes I do...Boy do I !
That`s what got me in on the shit list, because it was only a bowl test "they were not set up for max performance" and I said something about that. So far this test say`s something different than what that test said...Humm wonder why???? no I don't....lol.....

quiet riot
03-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Very neat info diver, look forward to seeing the results with pressure testing and tweaking.
Jungle, hook him up with eagle, that would be great too.
I'm using a legend pump w/7 vein bowl but ordered an aggressor impeller to try. I'm gonna try and check difference with the legend bowl and aggressor imp and then try the legend again(its alum though so I'm not gonna push it outta the hole or use the n2o.) I used a precision billet alum last year but can't test with it since I broke it. I didn't see any gain with it over the legend alum a, but I never messed with bowl work or other stuff then.
jd

SPECTRABRENT
03-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Diverdown,
I would try Jim Brock to detail that impeller & add the inducer.
Jims # is 818-890-1867.
Brent

Duke
03-04-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by SPECTRABRENT
Diverdown,
I would try Jim Brock to detail that impeller & add the inducer.
Jims # is 818-890-1867.
Brent
What city does that put Jim in? itd be pretty cool if i could go bother him one day:D

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
03-04-2004, 04:44 AM
Diver seeing how you live in Texas I would think Duane would be your closest guy and shipping would probably be the cheapest. Depending on where you live in Texas a trip out to his shop may not be that far. I'm assuming by the temps you posted you aren't as far south as I am.;) It is a 9.5 hr drive from Houston to Duane's shop. Good luck and thanks for the info.
Omega

ChetCapoli
03-04-2004, 06:23 AM
Where is HB when we need him??I'm sure he would have posted if the berkeley was faster though....
CHET

Cas
03-04-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Duke
What city does that put Jim in? itd be pretty cool if i could go bother him one day:D
Duke,
Jim is in Pacoima, great guy and he'll do you right.

cyclone
03-04-2004, 08:17 AM
I received the Aggressor 9 vane bowl and stainless A cut impeller yesterday and after checking it out and letting everybody finger it for a little bit we loaded everything up and got ready for testing this morning.Test#1- First few runs were with the Berkeley bowl and Berkeley stainless A cut that has been "race prepped" by Greg Shoemaker at GS Marine. With that set up the boat ran consistantly 93-94mph GPS@6200rpm. Test#2 We installed the new Aggressor 9 vane bowl but left the Berk impeller in the pump. With that set up the boat did seem to leave a little harder, and by that I mean that I could put my foot all the way in it a little quicker without cavitating the pump, but the speed and RPM did not change. It again ran 93-94mph GPS@6200rpm. I do think that had we been running the boat through the clocks it might have E.T.'d better because of the way it left. Test#3- We left the Aggressor bowl on but also installed the new A cut Aggressor as it came to us out of the box. With this set up the boat definitly left harder(at least it felt like it did) than with the previous two set ups and ran 96mph GPS@5900rpm. Test#4-This was the really interesting test. As I stated in a previous thread, we were provided (free of charge) a Dominator bowl and impeller A cut that had both been "detailed" by a guy named Don Bowers. My pump guy installed the Dominator set up and back to the water I went. The boat left good and ran a best of 98mph GPS@6200rpm. We still have some tinkering to do with the set up on this boat, and I will keep everybody posted as to it's progress. As a side note, all of the tests were made with the same amount of fuel in the boat and the weather conditions were the same almost all day, Cloudy- 96% humidity and 53-55 degrees. Water temp was 67 degrees and there was about very slight chop or big ripple on the surface. The motor is now ready for the blown Daytona and we will be doing similar bowl and impeller tests with that boat as well. I would love to hear everybody's opinions and thoughts on the tests and components we ran today. I think...:D
its about time someone did this. thanks for the info. :)

HBjet
03-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
Where is HB when we need him??I'm sure he would have posted if the berkeley was faster though....
CHET
Like I've said before, every boat is different, and so every setup will be different.
I'm glad he did these test, very interesting. Thanks
HBjet

Blown509Liberator
03-04-2004, 09:23 AM
Yes I did a test with an AMT and Aggr. and Berk bowl, with a 500hp 502 tunnel hull, set back pump , A cut Legend impeller. I saw a loss of R with the Aggr bowl over the AMT and the Berk. I saw the berk ran the fastest, then the AMT then the Aggr. I also said that the hull ran much wetter do to the fact we where running slower and thought that had somthing to do with the much slower top speed (to sum it up). For shit I got, and all I did was the test. I want to see what ran the best, I even paid for a three bowls out of my own pocket.
MikeW

Bense468
03-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Nice thanks for posting the results

DiverDown
03-04-2004, 02:45 PM
We have a legend impeller on the way to test as well. Tomorrow I am going to have one of my guys call Duane about detailing the Aggressor bowl and impeller. I am trying to get the guy who owns the boat we have been testing to come on the boards and join in on the discussion, he is the one who has spent all the money on the pump parts in order to do all of the testing. The Domoinator stuff was loaned to us just as the Legend impeller is being loaned to us. We will try and have some test results with the Legend impeller tomorrow if the weather allows as it got pretty nasty today. We are also going to try different nozzle inserts tomorrow as well to see if there is any change in performance. After we do the test with the Legend impeller we are probably going to have an inducer installed in the pump, as well as have the Aggressor bowl and impeller detailed and then do some more testing to see where we are at.
We have the motor installed in the other boat(19ft Daytona) and will try and do a couple of shakedown runs tomorrow with it to. The guy who owns the Daytona is thinking he might want to try the drag boat scene a little this year and if that is the case we might do an engine swap. We haven't really done any research on the different classes or organizations and that is why I say we may have to do an engine swap so that we can run in some kind of heads up class(we DON'T bracket race). I have offered to help him with an engine program if we can run on a limited schedule just to get a feel for it and see if it is something he wants to persue further. Does anybody have a dolly trailer that will fit a Daytona??

Jake W
03-04-2004, 06:05 PM
I have some questions?
So it sounds like Dave (pops) was right in saying that you need to use them togeather.Since no mph gain with athe Berk imp and Aggressor bowl.Statment noted (felt like it lanched harder)
Did you try the Aggressor imp with the berk bowl?
Is this boat set up with a ride plate and shoe?If so are you setting the rideplate the same deg ever time and is there a 3 diffrent sets of holes in the ride plate for the cradels?
Jake:D

bp
03-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
CHET
ok, i'll bite. with a berk and legend b, i routinely run 104-106 at 6050rpm.
even better, at chowchilla last july in 119 degrees, the thing ran 105, then turned around 20 minutes later and ran 106 at 4pm. in that air, the engine was only turning 5850 (both passes), same berk, same b impeller, same boat. hull weighs over 650bls bare.
i'm not sayin' anything's better or worse, just stating facts. you know who does my stuff, that's also just facts. i'll show anyone data and time slips that back it all up, all ya gotta do is come to ming and ask.

77charger
03-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by bp
ok, i'll bite. with a berk and legend b, i routinely run 104-106 at 6050rpm.
even better, at chowchilla last july in 119 degrees, the thing ran 105, then turned around 20 minutes later and ran 106 at 4pm. in that air, the engine was only turning 5850 (both passes), same berk, same b impeller, same boat. hull weighs over 650bls bare.
i'm not sayin' anything's better or worse, just stating facts. you know who does my stuff, that's also just facts. i'll show anyone data and time slips that back it all up, all ya gotta do is come to ming and ask. Ya i think you were the only one i know who was pretty consistent too that weekend.We wen from .67s to .48 when we normally do .50 that heat was bad esp when trying to sleep at night:confused:

1tricky1
03-04-2004, 07:44 PM
But BP - it would be interesting to see how your numbers would change with the aggressor bowl and impeller, or with the dominator bowl and impeller....that's what's this is about, comparisons, not who's particular boat is faster.:rolleyes:

Jake W
03-04-2004, 07:49 PM
1Tricky1 Not to be a cock, but I think you missed BPs point read the RPM numbers and MPH agine.
Jake:)

DiverDown
03-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Jake W asked..
Did you try the Aggressor imp with the berk bowl?
No, we did not, we simply ran out of time that day, but we are planning to make a few set up adjustments and when do we are going to run the tests again and we will be testing the Aggressor imp with the Berk bowl.
Jake W asked..
Is this boat set up with a ride plate and shoe?If so are you setting the rideplate the same deg ever time and is there a 3 diffrent sets of holes in the ride plate for the cradels?
Yes, the boat does have a ride plate and shoe, and yes we did set it at the same place each time in order to get an apples to apples comparison on the bowls and impellers tested.
I will be calling Duane at HTP tomorrow hopefully and I am going to pick his brain a little bit on the set up of this thing. He is also hopefully going to give us some data collection ideas as well as other things. As I am sure a lot of you guys already know, this is a lot of hard work. Next time out we are going to try and shoot more video and take a bunch more digital pictures.

1tricky1
03-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Jake, no cock offense taken:) I re-read BP's post and the numbers but not sure how it relates to this thread. Not taking anything from bp - he's got a stout tune up in his ride and is very consistant with his berk/legend combo. But....since this is about comparisons, I'd be willing to bet an aggressor bowl with a prepped aggressor impeller would lower his rpm and push him a little faster. That seems to be the trend. Shit, I don't know, maybe he was just telling Chet off :p

ChetCapoli
03-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by 1tricky1
But....since this is about comparisons, I'd be willing to bet an aggressor bowl with a prepped aggressor impeller would lower his rpm and push him a little faster. That seems to be the trend. Shit, I don't know, maybe he was just telling Chet off :p
Maybe he was telling me off...then again maybe he just might get with the program and try and aggressor bowl and impeller like ol HB should. Oh geez...forgot 30yrs experience says it all...sorry. :rolleyes: Heck even the #'s are right there for all to see.
CHET

jweeks123
03-05-2004, 01:44 AM
when aggsr bowls hit the market some yrs ago, everyone was saying 9mph. just bolt it on any berk.
whered the 9mph go ???
jw

bp
03-05-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 1tricky1
Jake, no cock offense taken:) I re-read BP's post and the numbers but not sure how it relates to this thread. Not taking anything from bp - he's got a stout tune up in his ride and is very consistant with his berk/legend combo. But....since this is about comparisons, I'd be willing to bet an aggressor bowl with a prepped aggressor impeller would lower his rpm and push him a little faster. That seems to be the trend. Shit, I don't know, maybe he was just telling Chet off :p
and how much would you be willing to bet? i think if you go back and read what chet wrote, although i am not randy, i provided a response.
second, why in the world would i want to put a different bowl on my boat? that bowl has been part of that pump since 1985, and it works just fine, even when you compare it to all the really really fantastic design gains people want to blow smoke about. and it is all smoke. maybe you might want to re-look at the numbers; 119 degreesF, 5850rpm, 106mph, legend b, berk pump, heavy hull.
third, i pit near a lot of jets at every race. almost all run berk stuff, a few run aggressor. guess which one would routinely have pump problems? like, handhole caps breaking in half, nozzles that flop up and down in the droop, twisted shaft, etc.? i'll guarantee ya it wasn't the most powerful boat there.
it matters more to me who flowed the thing than who cast it. just pick something and be done with it. put your shit together, lets get on the rope and get it on.

1Bahnerjet
03-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey BP,
Not to Hi-Jack this Thread, But when you take into consideration the Wind Chill Factor what does 119* feel like at 106 mph ? (never done that in my Bahner :rolleyes: )
p.s. hey have you ever seen that lady that feeds all the cats in that park with the swinging bridge (cat lady of arroyo grande ?)

HBjet
03-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by bp
and how much would you be willing to bet? i think if you go back and read what chet wrote, although i am not randy, i provided a response.
second, why in the world would i want to put a different bowl on my boat? that bowl has been part of that pump since 1985, and it works just fine, even when you compare it to all the really really fantastic design gains people want to blow smoke about. and it is all smoke. maybe you might want to re-look at the numbers; 119 degreesF, 5850rpm, 106mph, legend b, berk pump, heavy hull.
third, i pit near a lot of jets at every race. almost all run berk stuff, a few run aggressor. guess which one would routinely have pump problems? like, handhole caps breaking in half, nozzles that flop up and down in the droop, twisted shaft, etc.? i'll guarantee ya it wasn't the most powerful boat there.
it matters more to me who flowed the thing than who cast it. just pick something and be done with it. put your shit together, lets get on the rope and get it on.
Well said...
1Bahnerjet, I can't speak for BP, but when I was at the CBBB last summer, on Sunday, the highest temp was in the 125-127 range, and at 40mph, it was very very hot. If you have a blow dryer, turn it on full and max heat. Hold it a few feet from your face. That's about what it felt like at the CBBB....
HBjet

LVjetboy
03-06-2004, 02:33 AM
Makes you wonder why pump mfgs with resources don't do this kind of testing? If not them maybe a major independent puplication like Hot Boat Magazine? Surely they'd have more resources than a guy like DiverDown. But no, they don't take the initiative, and explain away. Marketing, yada, yada... So we get the same rehash of Jet Tech subjects year after year. Left up to guys like Diver to just do it: figure something out and do some testing. Seat-of-the-pants doesn't always cut it btw. You need data aquisition, calibration and standards to draw valid conclusions. Especially with the small changes these comparisons typically measure.
jer

ChetCapoli
03-06-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by bp
why in the world would i want to put a different bowl on my boat? that bowl has been part of that pump since 1985, and it works just fine, even when you compare it to all the really really fantastic design gains people want to blow smoke about.
Why not mr. racer??? Are you afraid of improvement or are you gonna give the "it's already been tried and that all you need to know" HBJet response? If it has you might as well post those numbers too while your at it. Besides, with all the $$$ you got in that boat what's a measly couple dollars for a chance of going faster? I think if you did you'd have to find a new place to pit and your just afraid.:D Seems like to me your the one blowing smoke.
maybe you might want to re-look at the numbers; 119 degreesF, 5850rpm, 106mph, legend b, berk pump, heavy hull.
I'm looking right at them here and now and wonder how much slower you went with X brand?? Oh...thats right sorry you havent tried it...no need right ? :rolleyes:
This is an interesting news flash...never heard that before. Got any specifice examples or is this part of the smoke??
When you have an endless wallet i'm sure it does. For the budget minded lake guy though, you stick to best bang for the buck.
CHET

LVjetboy
03-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Well Chet, save your pennies like you do, and someday you too can have an endless wallet as we all allegedly do.
:D
jer

DiverDown
03-06-2004, 05:18 PM
bp posted...
just pick something and be done with it. put your shit together, lets get on the rope and get it on.
Jeez bp, what's wrong with testing? I have a lot of customers who run whatever I say is best for them to run for their engine combinations, why you ask, I can only assume out of trust in my experience and past results. Do I expect them to blindly follow me? No, of course I don't. As a matter of fact I encourage them to ask questions and I want them to understand why we do things the way we do. I have been at the engine building game for a long time, and I still learn stuff almost every day. The only way we learn is by studying and by trying and researching new things. It doesn't always work out, but sometimes it works wonderfully. bp, your method obviously works for you and you are happy with, but not everybody wants to " just pick something and be done with it ". I have the people and resources to do the testing, and as soon as I am able to get with Duane at HTP I will hopefully have a better data acquisition system to better understand our tests. I am new to this hot rod boat deal, but I have never seen a racer that didn't want to get every bit of performance out of the equipment available to them. Can someone just slap something together and go racing, certainly. Can someone test, tune, and find the set up that works best for their application and then put it together with precision and go racing, Yep!
PS. By the way LVjetboy, I like charts & graphs too. I don't care what any of the others on the boards say, I will definitely send you all of my testing info and let you put it into graph form if you want to. I find it very useful in that format, I just aren't too good at making them on the computer yet. :D

Jungle Boy
03-06-2004, 05:25 PM
Good work diverdown. Chang¡ng and trying different stuff is the only way to learn. :cool:

Duane HTP
03-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Diverdown, give me a call! 316-794-8616 Duane HTP

sam t
03-06-2004, 07:41 PM
the thing is is bp doesn't want to mess with his set up or go faster, he is about as close as you can get to 10.0 with out breaking out, why mess with that? Chet i am usually on your side (my work computer i am eliminatya) but i think bp and risky business have done more testing and have more data tha you could possibly fathom.

quiet riot
03-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Diver, keep it up and keep us posted. There is a whole crew of us that love to hear/learn from pep's experiences.
jd

bp
03-06-2004, 09:00 PM
well, it's been a good day; first race in two weeks, and i am now ready to rock.
chet, first, i am not going to gain anything by going to another bowl. i am not in the market for another bowl. my bowl is completely blueprinted, and it would clearly be a major step backwards to install some raw casting. there are many other things i can do rather than screw around playing with bowls that won't provide any benefit. do you believe an out of the box brand x bowl will put me in the 9.50s with no other changes? if you want to buy one and send it out through your alter ego, i'll certainly give it a try. but, you should know; i have a ton of data collected off my boat, much of which was collected testing one change at a time.
as far as the failures? he's posted here before, saying a little bit about what happened, but not much. it's his story to tell, not mine. i will say though that the quality control out of brand x certainly leaves a lot to be desired, unless you are one of the select few marketers of the product. i've even heard horror stories from those guys, but again, those are their stories. what bothers me about the whole thing is that the select marketer gets some hand picked parts, the average boaters see the promotion, send their money, and get crap. then, some people want to come on here and rag about shops that do make and sell quality products that started out as crap.
diver, i absolutely do believe in testing, but i also believe in data acquisition. you could gain a mph or two, but what is that doing to et? is quickness important with what you're attempting to do? possibly it isn't? there are so many other things that can alter performance that, imo, you just need to pick something, then start working with it.
actually, at chowchilla it was nice once the run started, just to get a little breeze going.
also, i gave the numbers for chowchilla. i also ran 10.02 and 10.03 at red bluff. in november, with cold temps and corrected altitude below 1'000 feet, i ran 10.03, 10.08, etc. in njba, we cannot sandbag whether it's hot or cold. so, how could that be? i never change the timing on the engine, or try to alter the engine performance.
and, i'll tell ya something else right now. IF i go to phoenix for the opener, i'll run 10.0's there too, without making any engine change. so; how could all that be done without changing bowls?????

FlatBroke
03-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Wow, 10.0, that's really flying, you must be a racer with nerves of steel, ice water in your veins and a load of lead in your boat !!!!

screamdreambrad
03-07-2004, 08:45 PM
hey i resemble that remark!:o :yuk: brad

1tricky1
03-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by bp
Sounds a little anti-aggressor:confused: I'm not "anti" any product or "pro" any product. I'm just for whatever works best! And always interested in new technology. But you'll never know until you try. BP - sounds like your dialed in for 10.0 sec class anyway, so unless you would wanna go quicker, I probably wouldn't change a thing either.:D

Back Forty
03-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Don Bowers..?
I didn't see anybody identify him I think. You guys west of the Miss got your pump people. Out here it's Don Bowers of "Don's Pump Service" out of Columbus Ohio. To my knowledge, he "is" the pump guy out this way. He's a very nice guy and will talk to you. Hope this helps.
http://www.donspumpservice.com/
He has several patents.

DiverDown
03-08-2004, 06:20 PM
As I stated in a previous thread, we were provided (free of charge) a Dominator bowl and impeller A cut that had both been "detailed" by a guy named Don Bowers. My pump guy installed the Dominator set up and back to the water I went. The boat left good and ran a best of 98mph GPS@6200rpm.
^^^^^^
see above.
I don't know Greg Shoemaker or Don Bowers, they are the guys who worked the other impellers before we received them.
^^^^^^
again
I mentioned his name a couple of times in this thread and in another thread I started, however I did not know anything about him at the time. I had tried to contact him before we did the testing but when I called he had just had back surgery and he wasn't available for me to talk to at that time. I will be talking to him in the future though.
I will probably be dealing with Duane at HTP as soon as I get a break during the day to call him. I am currently very very busy during working hours right now and just have not had time, but I have heard a lot of good things about him from people in the know as well as manufacturers, and he sounds like someone I could get along with.

Back Forty
03-09-2004, 09:06 AM
No Problem Diver Down. It sounded like you didn't know anything about him at all. Just offering a source.
Ouch on the back surgery...
Good luck!;)

Duane HTP
03-10-2004, 05:42 AM
Diverdown, I have a race prepped Aggressor 9 vein bowl, Race prepped "A" & "B" impellers, and am coming through your neck of the woods in a week or so. Do you want to make the connection?
Please contact me. Duane HTP 316-794-8616

Duane HTP
03-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Diverdown, Please contact me again. The phone number and the email address that you gave me do not work! Thanks, Duane