PDA

View Full Version : Paging info

Blown 472
09-22-2003, 05:43 AM
Question for you, I took my car to the drags this weekend and we had great air so I took off the air filters in hopes of running faster, well the exact opposite happend.
I ran 113 with them off and 117 with them on, could it be that my jetting is close?? the car did not lay down or anything without the air filters. Any ideas?

Infomaniac
09-22-2003, 09:18 AM
My guess would be the air was smoother going in with the filters on.
Sounds like good filters to me !! :)
[ September 22, 2003, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Blown 472
09-22-2003, 09:22 AM
That is just it, they are those foam triangle pos's, I put them on to keep the cops off my ass as they are low profile. Thanks info.

78Eliminator
09-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Blown 472:
Any ideas? According to my holley book, air filters actually calm the turbulence and even out the fuel distribution. Air filters actually are HP adders. I was just reading up on this over the weekend.... When you have no filter on, the wind blowing across the top of your carb is COMPLETELY uneven going down the carb and runners. I know I am not Info, but I just read about this last night! All the filters do is even out the incoming air flow.
Justin

78Eliminator
09-22-2003, 10:07 AM
See, Info beat me to the punch! :D :D

Blown 472
09-22-2003, 10:09 AM
78Eliminator:
Blown 472:
Any ideas? According to my holley book, air filters actually calm the turbulence and even out the fuel distribution. Air filters actually are HP adders. I was just reading up on this over the weekend.... When you have no filter on, the wind blowing across the top of your carb is COMPLETELY uneven going down the carb and runners. I know I am not Info, but I just read about this last night! All the filters do is even out the incoming air flow.
Justin Cool, I think I might try my two kandn's I have ont the boat this weekend.