PDA

View Full Version : CF numbers

dimarcobros
03-04-2004, 10:30 AM
I posted this on the ***boats section but there is more traffic over here. How long does it take to get the numbers painted on? Also how long after can you put the boat in teh water?
Thanks.
DMB

carbonmarine
03-04-2004, 10:39 AM
WhY ? Are you doing it on the Ramp ? .....
Couple hours you 'll be fine....especially out in Havasu....
Rick

dimarcobros
03-04-2004, 10:45 AM
I was thinking about trying to get it done on Saturday morning, but I don't want to wait half the day for it to dry. Then again I don't want to get pulled over for not having the numbers. We just got them this week.
DMB

spectratoad
03-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Just keep the papers with you and smile real big if you get pulled over and make up a really cool story about the guy who was going to paint them on for you that morning had to take his wife to the hospital to have a baby and..........:D :D

SPECTRABRENT
03-04-2004, 11:37 AM
It took the guy about 25 minutes to paint. As for drying, I would think about 2 hours.
Brent

dimarcobros
03-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by spectratoad
Just keep the papers with you and smile real big if you get pulled over and make up a really cool story about the guy who was going to paint them on for you that morning had to take his wife to the hospital to have a baby and..........:D :D
I was thinking that as well but I don't want to give them any reason to pull me over. I think that is what I am going to do though being that it is Thursday and we are going out tomorrow. I might go get some cheesy stick on ones until I can paint the others on. What do you think?
DMB

dimarcobros
03-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by SPECTRABRENT
It took the guy about 25 minutes to paint. As for drying, I would think about 2 hours.
Brent
Thanks,
DMB

bear down
03-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
I posted this on the ***boats section but there is more traffic over here. How long does it take to get the numbers painted on? Also how long after can you put the boat in teh water?
Thanks.
DMB
Your first mistake was getting CF #'s, you should have registered it in AZ.
Just have the guy paint them on in the channel chill for a couple of hours let it dry and boat on!!

phebus
03-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Have them painted on either the evening you get there or the next. That way they have over night to dry.

dimarcobros
03-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by bear down
Your first mistake was getting CF #'s, you should have registered it in AZ.
Just have the guy paint them on in the channel chill for a couple of hours let it dry and boat on!!
We did register it in AZ, my bad. :rolleyes:
DMB

BADBLOWN572
03-04-2004, 01:16 PM
The paint dries really quick especially in the heat. There were times that the painter would be painting the #'s on the trailer and when he was done, the boat was on its way to the lake. An hour is probably sufficient, but to be safe, I would give it two.

NorCalCat
03-04-2004, 01:27 PM
If you are dealing with the Sheriff's in California, be careful. They can be real jerks! :eek:

Chase
03-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by spectratoad
OK this is just begging for one of those keep the story going forums......
while his wife was giving birth she had to bite on the paint brush, and........