Blown 472
03-04-2004, 05:47 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/dsda/

78Eliminator
03-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Very interesting!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-04-2004, 06:08 PM
I agree with 78elim, that is some tight looking shit:)

HOSS
03-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Cool! Wish I new what the **** I was looking at? Or what mods were necessary I should say.:confused:

Hotcrusader76
03-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Those are the pictures I was referring to awhile back that Darin from Reher Morison and Joe Mondello discovered on the new Superflow Wetflow attachment for the SF-600 benches. Those very slides were used during the seminar they put on last January.
I got to see this at the Superflow facility as well just this January in action under a black-light....It was absolutely the coolest thing I've ever seen! All I can say is if your competition is flowing their cylinder heads with this sort of research ya best prepare to lose.
The coolest thing I saw was that when Darin changed the exhaust valve to a flat head style it moved the vortice away from the spark plug which provided a more complete burn. So after that they placed some epoxy on the exhaust valve and again it moved further away from the plug depicting an even better more enhanced result.
So of course our next question for him was, being the guy at our table we were sitting at.... "What about making a concave exhaust valve?".....Darin paused for a minute with a grin of reservation "Just wait...you'll see".
Of course the utilization of a concave exhaust valve poses problems on a Pro stock set-up, which is what the demonstration sample consist of...but for a milder application? Just makes me wonder. Is it high lift applications that benefit from this result or does the graph show a exponential increase for lower lift designs as well.
I can't wait to test some of these theories myself. Hell even the eye brow modifications to HBJet's BBC block being mimicked by the test bench and the un-shrouding of the valves and how all of this plays out in a high rpm application under more scrutnized testing procedures.
Has pandora's box just been opened:D
~Ty

LakesOnly
03-05-2004, 12:29 AM
My first impression was, "So what? Nothing more than watercolors for the inexperienced bench tech that can't hear how the flow is affected by his subtle changes in port shape..."
But as I thought about it, I now think there will certainly be added benefits by being able to view the very minute detailed characteristics of flow and how they are affected by even the subtlest changes in port or valve size or shape. It will prove to be an advancement, I think.
But beat all other competition hands-down? That's the biggest crock of shit I've heard so far this year, that or the biggest sales pitch ever swallowed. Way, way, WAY too many factors affect flow in the real world, factors that no bench in the next twenty years will ever be able to evaluate, let alone duplicate, and will certainly never be able to measure anytime soon.
Having this bench when the competition doesn't have one will prove to be no greater than having Mac's new $1000 impact gun that allows you to dial-in/preset the torque before you pull the trigger (or whatever analogy you want to use...)
Cool still photography, though.
LO

Hotcrusader76
03-05-2004, 12:38 AM
Paul,
For the first time ever I will have to dissagree with you on whether or not it's an advantage to a successful induction package or not. Of course the information I have at the shop is extensive and can be beyond the scope of this forum, but I would like to show it to you anyway just so that it expands on the benefits of these results and not some proprietary design being pushed by Superflow or Modellos team.
I won't preach it to ya, but I want to show you just what it is that many top-level racers are missing here. This is like the blind man being given his vision back. Of course my post only touches up on the simplier findings of this tool, but you would be blown away to see some of other more interesting details such induced more up-stream from the combustion chamber....IE...runner lengths, expoxy steps, special wings, etc, etc....
Reher Morrison probably isn't the only outfit in town performing these mods, but they certainly are the ones who can prove there benefit.
....when you're down here next week I'll show this stuff to ya.
~Ty

LakesOnly
03-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Love to see it, Ty. See ya in about a week.
LO