PDA

View Full Version : Menkens Props

mickeyfinn
03-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Ebay seems to have a lot of Menkens props. Most seem to be LH rotation. I have asked the seller a question and get a reply from Banddhelm@cox.net. Seem to be trying to claim they are Menkens. Is this a real E-mail for Tom Menkens?

Kindsvater Flat
03-04-2004, 06:14 PM
There is Tom Bentley of Menkens V-Drives out of Auburn, Ca and Menkins Propellers out of Az.
Bentley sales Kindsvater propellers.

RaysonKid
03-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Are the Menkins props any good?

mickeyfinn
03-04-2004, 06:26 PM
The guy on ebay lists himself as:
dallas helm owner/operator MENKENS RACING PROPELLERS
Has anyone ever used them or know anything about them?

bigkatboat
03-04-2004, 06:47 PM
The Menkens Props in Az. is the original, and I have done business with them since 1974? Anyway, Dallas was having problems with employees and was slow to finish 'custom race' props. I understand that he is up and rolling, back to his normal pace. Between Dallas, and Jay, I've done a 'ton' of ski race and '3 tons' of drag race boats with their props. NEVER had a problem with any of them. They will work with you to get it 'just how you like it'. George

RaysonKid
03-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Thanks, That works for me.

Kindsvater Flat
03-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by bigkatboat
The Menkens Props in Az. is the original, and I have done business with them since 1974? Anyway, Dallas was having problems with employees and was slow to finish 'custom race' props. I understand that he is up and rolling, back to his normal pace. Between Dallas, and Jay, I've done a 'ton' of ski race and '3 tons' of drag race boats with their props. NEVER had a problem with any of them. They will work with you to get it 'just how you like it'. George
The way I got it was Harold Kindsvater owned Menkins. Propeller part was sold down south and later Tom Bentley bought the v-drive portion. I could be wrong but you never know. And if I remember right I also believe it all started when Harold bought Hall-Craft.

schiada96
03-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by bigkatboat
You got it right. I use their props Dallas has done me right.

ACCEPTENCE
03-04-2004, 08:37 PM
I've run several of Dallas's props over the years. Not sayin he's the only game in town but he's done right by me:D :D :D

superdave013
03-04-2004, 09:48 PM
I have one of each for my curiser. :D Someday I'll get the thing outta dry dock and see what one works best.
I know Dallas makes a nice prop but it's not Harold Kindsvater's first goat ropin if ya know what i'm sayin.
Plus Kindsvater's are sold through Tom Bentley at Menkens V Drives and he's a great guy to deal with.

sgdiv7
03-05-2004, 06:51 AM
I have one of Dallas props and I like it. He has always done me right. Like someone else said he will work with you untill you get the prop the way you like it.