PDA

View Full Version : Howard Hats and Shirts

SDLifesaver
03-04-2004, 07:44 PM
I met with the guy today and saw the art work and got some base prices. He will have a hat in a few days and a shirt in a week or so. There is alot of money in the set up so I hope everybody is interested in buying these. The hat and shirt logo is the same as the magazine advertisement and then on the back of the shirt it will say "1st Boat Owners Regatta" and then under that it will say "June 2004, Lake Havasu". The Howard logo will be front shirt pocket and a big one on the back. The Hats will be flex fit with a 7500 stitch logo. I have to get a dozen of each color hat, and all the shirts will be white. I will make a few dozen tank tops if they are wanted. depending on the response, the price will vary. I will just include the set up fees, art fees, and labor costs into the total number of pieces I make and devide so the price stays down. I thought this was a much cheaper endeavor. As it stands with the basic colors I chose, the prices are about 15 to 17 dollars a piece at 100 of each. Hat and Short sleeve shirt. The more product, the cheaper the overall price. 144 of each is the next price cut. I will wait for replies. Nick

OGShocker
03-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Are you sending the invoice to Gene?:D
Sorry, I had to.....

SDLifesaver
03-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Wouldn't that be great. He would shit.

BoatFloating
03-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Hey call Mike Willen and tell him Rocky said he's a cheap bastard. Tell him step up and do something for the Howard owners.:D

little rowe boat
03-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Hey Nick you know you can put me down for a couple hats and shirts.I don't think you will have a prob.selling them,the Howard owners are going to want them and many non-howard owners are going to want them.:cool:

little rowe boat
03-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Oh yah try to get Mike to get his dad to kick in some bucks for the regatta and the hats and shirts.

SDLifesaver
03-05-2004, 06:08 AM
I have called the factory every day this week and they are not around, only the answering machine. I am not going to beg for them to pay for anything. They have a different agenda, and a regatta is not on that list. I think it was nice of Mike to allow me to use the logo on the hats and shirts. I would like him to bring a big banner if possible so we can put it in the channel and all park by it for pictures and stuff like that. More later cause I have to go to work.

2LKHVSU
03-05-2004, 07:59 AM
Nick,
I will make you a banner, let me know.
You also get a discount.
Brett

OGShocker
03-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by SDLifesaver
Wouldn't that be great. He would shit.
Billing address: 28113 Avenue Stanford Valencia CA 91355:D

little rowe boat
03-05-2004, 11:11 AM
I have called the factory every day this week and they are not around, only the answering machine. I am not going to beg for them to pay for anything. They have a different agenda, and a regatta is not on that list. I think it was nice of Mike to allow me to use the logo on the hats and shirts. I would like him to bring a big banner if possible so we can put it in the channel and all park by it for pictures and stuff like that. More later cause I have to go to work.
No one expects begging,but you would think Gene and his tight ass would step up and help out,after all it's cheap advertisement.
It kind of pisses me off,Gene had promised a regatta when I purchased my Howard back in 95.

SDLifesaver
03-05-2004, 12:37 PM
They talked about one when we bought ours in 02 also. I will happen now because we are doing it.

BADAXE
03-05-2004, 01:35 PM
I'll take five shirts (2=xxl, 1=xl, 1=lrg, 1=sm) and four hats. PM me and let me know where to send the money.

little rowe boat
03-05-2004, 02:17 PM
They talked about one when we bought ours in 02 also. I will happen now because we are doing it.
It will happen and it will be a good time,just kind of ticks me off that Gene could give a damn and will still get the publicity.

BLOWN HOWARD
03-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Post some info on were to send an order and some money so you can recoupe some of the money you are putting out. Yeah just like the ol guy to stiff us on this one huh!!!!!!!!!!

SDLifesaver
03-06-2004, 09:17 AM
My guy called me today and is being the mad scientist with the shirts. He is adding a boat and some colors. I will actually see it Monday morning. He emailed a picture to me but my computer won't open it because I don't have the program. Corel Draw if anyone has it.

TPI
03-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Guys, try not to get to worked up over it. When it gets a little closer, you might be surprised at what Howard will do for the regatta. Seriously, you wont have to beg for anything, just let it take its course.

SDLifesaver
03-07-2004, 06:17 AM
GT, I think people are just frustrated. I could care less myself. I don't know what you think they are going throw in at the last minute though. You obviously have the juice card if you can pull somthing off. My suggestions would be have them pay for the aerial photo, a raffle for a custom Howard Boats Cooler, a free winter service, 5,000 off a new boat purchase, 10 hrs of free service. Maybe you can come up with somthing. If they did nothing at all but show up, that would be cool. I think Mike already said he would go no matter what. Good luck.

TPI
03-07-2004, 07:01 AM
I can understand the frustration. I personally feel that the things you mentioned above are not out of line at all(IMO). I just would hate to see the regatta turn into a negative thing toward Howard. They build an awesome boat, and that is why people go over there. I would not want to see their future business suffer because of some forum posts. Sorry guys, I am partial to the business and the people over there, and I would really like to see this regatta be a positive experience. Seriously, I think everything will be fine.

laner21
03-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Nick,Im going to try to make the regatta. Would like to get two xl shirts and two hats. PM me and let me know where to send the money.

SDLifesaver
03-07-2004, 01:34 PM
OK. When I get the samples and show everyone, I will make them available to purchase. Thanks for your interest. Nick

little rowe boat
03-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by GT
I can understand the frustration. I personally feel that the things you mentioned above are not out of line at all(IMO). I just would hate to see the regatta turn into a negative thing toward Howard. They build an awesome boat, and that is why people go over there. I would not want to see their future business suffer because of some forum posts. Sorry guys, I am partial to the business and the people over there, and I would really like to see this regatta be a positive experience. Seriously, I think everything will be fine.
I don't think any of us want it to be a negative thing,I personally want it to be a great event,something I have been waiting for,for over 9 yrs.I agree they build one of the best boats on the market if not the best. When people ask me about HCB or my boat all I do is tell them about the quality of the boat and my own personal experience,some good some bad and then I usually steer them in Mikes direction. Lets make this event a good time.
Thanks Nick ( SDLifesaver ) for all of the work you are putting into this event.

BLOWN HOWARD
03-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Hell aslong as people show up with there howards it will be a good time no matter what!!!! Just looking to hang with some howard owners, specially since some of the DCB owner's can be snobby

mbrown2
03-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by BLOWN HOWARD
specially since some of the DCB owner's can be snobby
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :) I don't know what DCB regatta you have been to or who you have been hanging out with, but that's an urban myth.....folks that I have met and hung out with tend to be some of the biggest partiers and coolest peeps on the water:D ....and you know that I frequent Parker, and Parker and Snob don't go in the same sentence....just don't make sense...kinda of like wiping before you poop.:D

BLOWN HOWARD
03-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Whats up MB, na i am just playing with ya, but your right it is the urban myth about the DCB owners, and your right there is nothing snobby about parker thats for sure, Hey we are gonna be out in havasu for the weekend of the 19th of this month you gonna be out for some drinkin?????

Mn Howard Cat
03-07-2004, 07:35 PM
SDLifesaver
I would be interested in a hat and two XL shirts unfortunately I can't make it to the Owners Regatta please pm me with any ordering or payment info that would be grate
Thanks Don

mbrown2
03-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Whats up MB, na i am just playing with ya, but your right it is the urban myth about the DCB owners, and your right there is nothing snobby about parker thats for sure, Hey we are gonna be out in havasu for the weekend of the 19th of this month you gonna be out for some drinkin?????
Just giving you shit:D ...We will be out there next weekend...gotta skip the 19th...party in town we have to be at...after that it will be the weekend of the 27th...

mbrown2
03-07-2004, 09:07 PM
BTW...I would like to get a hat and shirt if you guys are ordering them......show the pics of the graphics...

BLOWN HOWARD
03-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey Mb i will let you know or be on the look out he was saying something about the art work being online this week, and when i order some i will find ya and hook you up on ordering some, That sucks about the 19th hopefully it goes off out there for some spring break action .
Chris

mbrown2
03-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Hey Mb i will let you know or be on the look out he was saying something about the art work being online this week, and when i order some i will find ya and hook you up on ordering some, That sucks about the 19th hopefully it goes off out there for some spring break action .
Chris
Parker is normally kind of quiet Spring Break, but Havasu goes off...my buddies are up there that weekend 3 guys and 14 chicks...look for the 26 Mach with white base blue/red/purple....they should probably be having a good time..:D

SDLifesaver
03-08-2004, 01:20 PM
GT, I also do not want this to turn into a Negative thing for Mike and Gene. I personally have a good relationship with the both of them. I am looking to keep it that way. I am taking the initiative to do this because it will be fun. Nobody makes a boat like howard, and to think we all have one and are going to be hanging out for a whole weekend is even better. Friendships will be made, networking, maybe even the sales of a few boats. I could use a little help on dinner ideas and if anyone has any connections on stickers.

TPI
03-08-2004, 08:07 PM
SDLS,
It sounds like your doing a great job. It should be a real good time.

TCHB
03-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Keep up the good work Nick. Count me in for a couple Large shirts and hats.

laner21
03-09-2004, 06:50 AM
What kind of stickers do you need Nick? A buddy of mine has a sticker machine and can make anything you want.

SDLifesaver
03-10-2004, 06:24 AM
I am going this morning to look at the t-shirt artwork and to hopefully see an embroidered hat. I had a great conversation with Gene Willen yesterday and he is very interested in our project. He gave me final permission to use the logos and name for this event and says he is willing to help out and may even go. He likes the idea of the aerial photo and says he may be able to help out with the Hot Boat Advertisement like the guys who did OP6C. Great news for the Howard Community.

TPI
03-10-2004, 06:58 AM
:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

little rowe boat
03-10-2004, 08:34 PM
I am going this morning to look at the t-shirt artwork and to hopefully see an embroidered hat. I had a great conversation with Gene Willen yesterday and he is very interested in our project. He gave me final permission to use the logos and name for this event and says he is willing to help out and may even go. He likes the idea of the aerial photo and says he may be able to help out with the Hot Boat Advertisement like the guys who did OP6C. Great news for the Howard Community.
Thats great glad that Gene is stepping up.:D Good job Nick.

SDLifesaver
03-10-2004, 08:37 PM
I have the art work for the shirt and saw the embroidery for the hats today. I am trying to figure out how to show everybody the shirt logo with a digital picture. If someone knows how to post it I can email the picture to them. Next item, the smallest shirt is going to be a mens small. It will cost an additional $120.00 for another set of smaller screens and right now this is all out of pocket. I will have to put up about 750.00 to order the shirts and hats and pay for the screens and artwork pretty soon so a little more interest would make me feel really good. I faxed the artwork to Gene today but I have not heard from him yet. I emailed the aerial photo guy today too, and am waiting to hear from him. More to follow. Nick

TPI
03-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Nick,
If you PM me a pic, I will post it asap. Thanks

SDLifesaver
03-11-2004, 06:02 AM
Here is the artwork I hope.

SDLifesaver
03-11-2004, 06:06 AM
It worked. That my friends is my first picture. Anyway, the picture is from an inkjet printer so it is dull. The screen will be much brighter. The boat will not be purple like the piture. It will be red, black, yellow and grey. The words will be lowered from the logo so it's not so close and the comma will be gone. What do you think.

SDLifesaver
03-11-2004, 07:10 AM
Don't everybody look at this at the same time. We will be in Havasu until Sunday night so I will check the replies when we get back.

Mn Howard Cat
03-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Loooks Good to me:) :)

BLOWN HOWARD
03-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Looks good to me !!!!!

Troubles No More
03-13-2004, 06:40 AM
Nick
I will be traveling to Havasu after work on 6/23, I will out on the water on Thursday-Sat
Put me down for three (3)-xl shirts, three (3)-small shirts and (4) hats.
Have you finish the final design?
Let me know where to send the money.

goneboatin
03-15-2004, 07:45 AM
A Howard Regatta!? Have plans been finalized? Since I bought my Howard last year every Howard owner I've seen or met have treated me like I'm family. I've read the posts on this thread and probably the reason Gene and Mike haven't kicked anything in or are promoting this event is liability. Lawyers love that word. Gene and Mike might attend as guests, but can't be formally involved. You know liability. It sucks, but that's way things have gotten lately.:frown:
On another note count me in for a coulpe of shirts and hats and let me know some more info on this event.

little rowe boat
03-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Nick the shirt looks good.
Goneboatin,the regatta is the weekend of 6/25 at Havasu.
As for liability,who knows,most of the other major boat builders do it without worrying about liability?

SDLifesaver
03-15-2004, 08:38 PM
An interesting weekend in Havasu for us. A car accident, a blown speaker, a lost CD case and the remote control for the CD player, a lost pair of sunglasses, an incomplete boat service, and a dying palm tree. Besides all that it was a great weekend. I had a few talks with Todd from Jokers Wild Promotions. What a great guy. Really cool, and easy going. I regret to say the helicopter picture is out for our event. Todd gave me some great ideas for spots to climb on the rocks and take pictures above the crowd, but the copter is 300 an hour and is already booked the whole day. I also need to start getting a head count because I need to order shirts and hats. I think I am going to do 24 XXL, 50 XL, 12 L, 12 M, 12 S, and 100 hats. Any other requests? Tank Tops? Need to know soon. Nick

phebus
03-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Nick, sorry to hear about the "bad" events. It was nice seeing you.
Rick

SDLifesaver
03-17-2004, 05:07 PM
So far, people have requested 17 shirts and 13 hats. I realize that more people will be interested and will PROBABLY buy more when the event nears but I need way more interest than this before I shell out nearly $1,000.00 for up front costs. I have to pay for the hats and shirts up front and then pay the screen fees and set up fees when the job is done. I will keep checking the boards for interest but it seems to be fading. I am already 150.00 into this so don't let me down and let's keep it rollin. Nick

79 Howard
03-17-2004, 07:49 PM
I've been watching this thing start to happen and I think it sounds great, I'm sure Gene will come online to make it as classy as his boats are beautiful. if not this year maybe next . I'm very proud of what I own and I'm sure he is proud of what he built.:)

79 Howard
03-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Would you post the dates and any itinerary for that week-end

j-rod
03-17-2004, 07:56 PM
You can count me in for 1 XL shirt to help, if ya need
don't own one but I think I can afford a shirt..
Never forget 343.. my brother

SDLifesaver
03-17-2004, 08:01 PM
The event is the weekend of June 25, 26, 27 in Lake Havasu. There will be a meeting place and a dinner and whatever else we decide to do. The more boats, the better.

SDLifesaver
03-17-2004, 08:02 PM
J-Rod, where do you work as a wildland firefighter?

j-rod
03-17-2004, 08:21 PM
A.N.F. U.S.F.S. you know over worked and under paid
A.K.A. brush monkey ... U.S. Forest Circus.L.O.L. ;)
Godda get my boating in early before the season begins!

SDLifesaver
03-18-2004, 05:30 PM
I used to work for CDF so I know about the wildland stuff a little bit. Hope to meet you at the river. Nick

SDLifesaver
03-22-2004, 06:23 AM
No more activity since last friday so I see this event is loosing steam fast. Getting down to the wire on the order stuff deadline.