PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler for 575sc

selfmade
03-29-2006, 01:24 AM
I want to install the 125hp superchiller intercooler kit on my 575 but i want to know the pros and cons of it. I was told this kit requires changing to a smaller pulley is this going to hurt the motor in the end. Any and all help is appreciated thanks guys

Daytona100
03-29-2006, 06:50 AM
Smaller pulley will raise the boost. Pretty much how your gonna get the extra HP. If you just run the chiller without running the smaller pulley your not gonna see much improvement.

BADBLOWN572
03-29-2006, 07:21 AM
The intercooler will cool the air that is going through the blower and will allow the motor to run at higher boost without detonation. The cold air is better no matter what for performance, but you can add extra boost to get more power as well without hurting the motor. You do not have to switch to the smaller pulley, but that is where most of your power will come from.
I would be more likely to buy a boat that has run 8lbs of boost with an intercooler than a boat that has run 5lbs withouth. Just my .02

Boa1277
03-29-2006, 07:24 AM
You can usually run a more advanced timing without the detonation with the intercooler, which means more HP. Most of the time you are not able to advance the timing of the motor to get the most out of it with a non intercooled S/C. So besides being able to run a smaller pulley you will also be able to run full timing hopefully, Good Luck it should be fun.

Magic34
03-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Dont go over 5 psi on the boost. Stick with the stage 1 Chillers where you dont modify the fuel system. I have twin 575s with Stage 1 chillers and run about 5 pounds. The stage 2 system is difficult to dial in and keep dialed in. Stage 1 is basically: install it and worry free.
The Merc blowers dont work well when you put too much psi to them. The rotors and bearings come apart if you run it really hard if you put too much boost to them. The blower shop can fix them (better than stock) at about $1500 each if I can remember correctly.
On a side note, Teague now powdercoats the sides of the intercooler blue to match the motors. It looks great.