PDA

View Full Version : Zieman or Extreme????

cc322
03-05-2004, 05:08 PM
I have asked this question before but I did a search and could not find out the answers. So I will ask again. We are ordering a Laveycraft tomorrow and the standard trailer is a Zieman, if I want the Exterme it will be a 700.00 upgrade. I saw both of them at the boat show and the Zieman looked good enough. What do you all think? is it worth the 700.00 to go with the Extreme Its just a trailer right? enlighten me please :D Also Ziemans are standard with Lavey Essex Laser and some Halletts not to mention alot of tournament ski boat:confused:

Havasu Cig
03-05-2004, 05:23 PM
I was treated very well by Extreme when I had their trailers, I would go with Extreme if it were me.
Are you going to be boating in the ocean at all?

cc322
03-05-2004, 06:00 PM
No ocean only fresh water, the Zieman comes with spare tire carrier swing away tounge (stainless) no led lights but can do them . The extreme is a thicker guage steel and comes with led lights and stainless tounge no swing away. Sealed oil bearing no bearing buddies to spit grease all over the place. 700.00 would put a nice set of dana trim tabs on my new boat I just dont know :confused:

MagicMtnDan
03-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Ellis! :D
Listen to RD, he knows everything (just ask him). J/K RD! I don't see how you can go wrong with the Zieman as long as you know what they're giving you for your money and you're happy with that (you don't want surprises to ruin your boat delivery day). Zieman makes a lot more trailers than Extreme so they know what they're doing.
Congrats on the boat!

Havasu Cig
03-05-2004, 06:17 PM
I voted for Extreme more for Customer service. I have not seen a comparable Zieman so I can't really compare the two. When you have a problem it is nice to know that it will be taken care of.
Our boat that we have now is sitting on an aluminum MYCO. When I first bought the boat I had Pacific build a trailer for it because they had done some nice stuff for some other offshore boats I have seen.
The bunk system on the Pacific did not work with the larg steps on our Cig and they did not care to fix it the right way. I ended up getting rid of it and bought the Myco.
The Myco cost more, but they have always been there when I have needed them. I needed some brake component replaced and they overnighted the parts and said to have it fixed and they would pay the bill.
Customer service goes along way imo.

cc322
03-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Zieman trailers have lag bolts going into the bunks Extreme has thru bolted bunks ss hardware, is thier a differance between the two?

Havasu Hangin'
03-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by cc322
Zieman trailers have lag bolts going into the bunks Extreme has thru bolted bunks ss hardware, is thier a differance between the two?
Depends on how long you plan on keeping the boat.

Hustler
03-05-2004, 06:49 PM
My only experience with Zieman was with jet ski trailers we had two of them and both of them had very crappy paint, they both started to rust within a year. I dont know if there boat trailers are any different but I would never buy another one. If I had to choose between the two I would go with the Extreme. Now if I had my choice of trailers it would be Ellis.:D

welk2party
03-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Extreme. There is a reason more Hot Boats have them than any other brand. Good trailer with good service.