PDA

View Full Version : Boat and Jet Ski trailers

Mohavekid
03-06-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm thinking about getting a jet ski to play with on our lake trips.
I've seen double decker type trailers with the boat on the bottom and the jet ski up top on a rack. I've also seen some trailers where the jet ski is mounted up on the tongue of the trailer.
Anybody have experience with set ups like this? Pros and Cons?
Thanks.

Drunk tank
03-07-2004, 12:28 AM
I have no experiance with them but i think the tongue mount option would be a poor choice unless you have some huge ass tow rig. That'd be alot of tongue weight on your hitch. The stacked idea I'd think would be the best as long as its not some crazy tall setup. That way you keep the weight over the axles of the trailer. just my $.02

Jordy
03-07-2004, 12:31 AM
I like the ones where the jet ski sits under the boat on the trailer and drags the ground when you go down the road. That way by the time you get to the lake the hull of the PWC is compromised enough that you can just let it sink and become a fish habitat and not screw up the rest of the lake for everyone.. . :D

Bow Tie Omega
03-07-2004, 06:56 AM
I have a friend who did this himself, although he is an experienced welder. It was actually a golf cart carrier, but he had a rack with bunks on it which could attach to the top. This whole unit was removeable for short trips also. Very sturdy. I would think that any competent welder could do this for you for a couple of thousand. Good luck

JetBoatRich
03-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Drunk tank
I have no experiance with them but i think the tongue mount option would be a poor choice unless you have some huge ass tow rig. That'd be alot of tongue weight on your hitch. The stacked idea I'd think would be the best as long as its not some crazy tall setup. That way you keep the weight over the axles of the trailer. just my $.02
The trailers I have seen like this, will set the boat back to compensate the weight of the jet-ski. I like the ones that have the rack above and is removeable. For the right money, anything can be done. I saw one a couple weeks, that was a double trailer. It was a motor-home pulling a F-250 with a boat above it. Nice RIG
Although Jordy has a good point, jet-skis will run around on the water. They can be fun with responsible riders.

Mohavekid
03-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Anybody else?

MrWilliam
03-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Anyone have one for sale? (Thought I would at least try...)

cruser
03-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Think I saw something like that on the web somewhere. Look around with google.
cruzer

GlastronGuy
03-26-2004, 08:09 PM
http://www.laidbackboaters.com/5802ce10.jpg
Like Don's? (http://www.laidbackboaters.com/id86.htm)

little rowe boat
03-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Call Kustom trailers in Rancho Cucamonga,they build and customize trailers,like you want.

Beautiful Noise
03-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Depending on what your Towing with and you don't want to Double Deck your Trailer,........If you have a Truck there is a Electric Lift call Jet-Trak that works great I've had mine for 5 Yrs:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/29Truck_Carrying_Sea-Doo.jpg

MrWilliam
03-27-2004, 07:14 AM
I’ll mostly be towing with an RV so the jet track will not work. I have talked to Dan at Kustom Trailers in Rancho Cucamonga but of course I would like to get one someone is trying to get rid of.

beached 1
03-27-2004, 08:55 AM
A buddy of mine found a stackable unit off of the Boat trader I believe for about a thousand bucks recently.
These usually come with a crane/ wench type or ramp for loading and unloading. my limited exp with them is that the ramp type doesn't use as much space on the launch ramp and therefore doesn't piss off other boaters trying to launch theirs. The only thing I hate about them is that it's easy to bump your head when you are trying to get something out of the boat when it's on trailer.

Danhercules
03-27-2004, 05:53 PM
I have never owned any thing like this, but i was thinking,
If you have a spot to put it in front of the boat, Lots of tounge weight.
If trailer is "set up" for that, great, but what if you dont want to have the ski on there for some reason, ( Its broke and at the shop) You will be way under weight on the tounge. Just my .02

BBB
03-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Mohavekid -
I've got an Competitive tandem trailer that was custom built in 1994 to carry two Jetski's along with my 22' Eliminator. I don't have any Jetskis and have no need for the extra length. I would be interested in selling let me know if you're interested.