PDA

View Full Version : This is a joke why cant posting a pic. be simple

STROKER ACE
03-07-2004, 10:06 AM
where in this "Image Center" do do submit a pic. is there a night class I can attend to be able to use this forum

MagicMtnDan
03-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Alright, for those of you who don't know how to post pics (or for Kilrtoy who still hasn't figured out how to quote someone in a post :D ) it's actually simple as long as the pictures already have an Internet address (a URL) - that means they must already be up on a Web site somewhere. If they're not you can put them up at a variety of sites including Hot Boat's image center:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/index.php
or you can use ***boatPics.com
http://www.hotboatpics.com/cgi-bin/mb/ikonboard.cgi?
If that URL doesn't work just go to ***boatPics.com
OK, once the pics are posted and you have a URL address for them you can easily post them in your posts on the Hot Boat Forum (or other forums on the Internet).
Let's say you're replying to an existing thread (although it's the same if you're starting a new post):
1. Click "Reply"
2. Click "IMG" button in the toolbar (these forums use vB Code - I think that stands for Visual Basic but it doesn't matter or mean anything). You'll soon see how to post pics, post URLs, change font, size, bold, etc. - it's all done in a similar fashion.
3. After you click the "IMG" (image) button, you'll get a pop-up window - paste your pic's URL into this window. Be careful not to have "http:\\" in there two times (only once is required - if it's there twice your pic won't show up).
4. Click "OK" in the window (once your URL is pasted in there).
Post some text before or after your URL if you want and then post it.
You CAN post more than one pic in your posts if you want (you don't need to do one post per pic). There is a limit (and it will tell you if you've exceeded the limit of pics in that post). I think it's 5 or 6 but I don't remember.
Here's the way the vB Code works:
Before a pic URL (or text if you want to modify text like making it bold or a color or larger, etc.) you need to use the square brackets like these [ ] and inside them goes the STARTING instructions of what you want to do. If you're posting a pic/image it will say .
After the pic URL (or text if you want to modify text like making it bold or a color or larger, etc.) you need to use the square brackets again - like these [ ] and inside them goes the ENDING instructions of what you want to do. The difference between starting brackets and ending brackets is the ending frame needs a forward slant. If you're posting a pic/image it will say .
You can see the starting brackets with the URL in between.
Bold text works the same way and the bold text goes here
Just click on the buttons above this windowand you'll see how the system works - click on the http:// button for links (it prompts you to post text like "click here to see my awesome web site"). Click on Quote to see how quotes work, etc.

STROKER ACE
03-07-2004, 10:34 AM
THAT DOES NOT HELP i CAN GET TO THE IMAGE CENTER BUT WHAT DO U DO THEN IT SAYS NOTHING BOUT POST MY PIC. OR SUBMIT OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE. IF YOU HAVE TO REGISTER WHEN i TO IT SAYS THAT USER NAME ALREADY EXISTS

Wet Dream
03-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Why do people think you can't put pics on posts?? :rolleyes:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/352jetfront-med.jpg

MagicMtnDan
03-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by STROKER ACE
THAT DOES NOT HELP i CAN GET TO THE IMAGE CENTER BUT WHAT DO U DO THEN IT SAYS NOTHING BOUT POST MY PIC. OR SUBMIT OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE. IF YOU HAVE TO REGISTER WHEN i TO IT SAYS THAT USER NAME ALREADY EXISTS
OK DUDE - glad you appreciated my help and the time I took to type that. Here's what you do:
1. leave this Web site
2. don't come back until you get some computer help - try a 9 year old - I'm sure he/she can help you with the basics
3. don't post here again until you TURN OFF THE CAPITAL LETTERS! (on the Internet typing in ALL CAPS is considered YELLING)
4. when you go to a Web site and you get a message that says, "user name already exists" you might want to TRY A DIFFERENT USER NAME!"
5. Next time a friend or neighbor or co-worker helps you with a problem you're having make sure you don't thank them. That'll teach them to try and help your dumb ass

MagicMtnDan
03-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by riodog
Damn, MMD, you're getting as snotty as me!
Rio
It's easy to be "snotty" when someone's an unappreciative dick

LASERRAY
03-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
OK DUDE - glad you appreciated my help and the time I took to type that. Here's what you do:
1. leave this Web site
2. don't come back until you get some computer help - try a 9 year old - I'm sure he/she can help you with the basics
3. don't post here again until you TURN OFF THE CAPITAL LETTERS! (on the Internet typing in ALL CAPS is considered YELLING)
4. when you go to a Web site and you get a message that says, "user name already exists" you might want to TRY A DIFFERENT USER NAME!"
5. Next time a friend or neighbor or co-worker helps you with a problem you're having make sure you don't thank them. That'll teach them to try and help your dumb ass
6. Try using some spelling tact and punctuation/ or spell check. It's not exactly the King's English that you're speaking on here.
7. Change that ****ed-up avatar. (IMO)
8.Dude, chill-out. If you get this worked-up on your "free-time" what are you like at your job, when it matters?
9.:D Have a nice day.:)

Kim Hanson
03-07-2004, 10:09 PM
I think I know this guy, so back the ****-off!.....( . )( . ).....:cool:

LASERRAY
03-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Kim Hanson
I think I know this guy, so back the ****-off!.....( . )( . ).....:cool: Not another Canatard!:D J/k kim:)

Kim Hanson
03-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Not another Canatard!:D J/k kim:)
I looked at his profile and he's USA..Okey, I know that name though, so all is cool then.......( . )( . ).....I will help him, all's done here then...ya!

LASERRAY
03-07-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Kim Hanson
I looked at his profile and he's USA..Okey, I know that name though, so all is cool then.......( . )( . ).....I will help him, all's done here then...ya! ;) :) :) :wink:

STROKER ACE
03-08-2004, 08:23 AM
DalE Jr, is knot a hair on richard pettys a$$ lets all go drive in a cYRClE and worry boUT saving GASS so we can do some didos in thE grass my car got better gas miLage thaN yours SO i won the race Ha HA and I also drove behind someone so I went faster

Kim Hanson
03-08-2004, 04:34 PM
DalE Jr, is knot a hair on richard pettys a$$ lets all go drive in a cYRClE and worry boUT saving GASS so we can do some didos in thE grass my car got better gas miLage thaN yours SO i won the race Ha HA and I also drove behind someone so I went faster
Didn't I help you like 2 year's ago with this posting picture's?.....( . )( . )......:)

goeasy8
03-08-2004, 04:37 PM
to much trouble to post a pic here, why cant we just upload from our computers

FryJet
03-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Its easy. Here's a murder scene.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954pic_02116.jpg
Phewww, that was tough but evidentely im new so I have an excuse.:p
F.J.

Kim Hanson
03-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by goeasy8
to much trouble to post a pic here, why cant we just upload from our computers
Are you the same guy off HavasuBarney? If so I will turn on AIM's, telling is way easier:cool: .........( . )( . )......:)

Jrocket
03-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Oh my God,that was terrible.Thats even worse than Kim Hanson's.Atleast he's drunk when he types.

Kim Hanson
03-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
Oh my God,that was terrible.Thats even worse than Kim Hanson's.Atleast he's drunk when he types.
That's my best, so get use to it:D Drunk? It start's out sober and the next thing ya know, out of " BEER "........( . )( . )......:D

Kim Hanson
03-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
CABIN FEVER?:D time to hit the lakes brothers;) o-ya **** OFF :D :D :D :D :D
I have it bad, need to make BBSP and ya know:( I need some ****ing water to hit really soon......( . )( . )......:D

Kim Hanson
03-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
hey kim ,hows the weather up north ?man it was bitchen here today 78*,17 DAYS TILL WE GO TO THE ZOO:D :D
We are into the +'s now....It's good right now...Water, unthawing soon look's good:D ......( . )( . ).....:)

LASERRAY
03-08-2004, 09:55 PM
DalE Jr, is knot a hair on richard pettys a$$ lets all go drive in a cYRClE and worry boUT saving GASS so we can do some didos in thE grass my car got better gas miLage thaN yours SO i won the race Ha HA and I also drove behind someone so I went faster What?:confused: ;)

Kachina26
03-09-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
What?:confused: ;) I ran it through the translator and came up with this..............El valle Jr, es nudo que un pelo en los pettys a$$ de richard deja todo ir impulsión en un ahorro GASS del combate de YRCLE y de la preocupación as* que podemos hacer a algunos didos en la hierba mi coche conseguido un miLage mejor del gas que el tuyo ASÍ QUE gané la raza ha ha y también conduje detrás alguien as* que fui más rápidamente
At least now you can't tell that it makes no sense.:D :D :D :D

STROKER ACE
03-09-2004, 08:27 AM
yes Kim you did a beer for you

Kim Hanson
03-09-2004, 05:01 PM
:confused: What? I don't get it........( . )( . ).....:)

TexasJet
03-09-2004, 05:20 PM
I think we are being had. Nobody could type that badly or make such little sence. Could they?