PDA

View Full Version : Pool Builders in LHC?

Ivan Dan
03-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Wondering if anyone knows of any good pool builders in LHC. Do you have contact info? Any experiences good or bad? Anything in particular you recommend doing or not doing equipment wise?
Thanks in advance!
www.DanKaatz.com

phebus
03-07-2004, 01:07 PM
I had a long conversation with the guy thats owns the Red Robin in LHC the other day. He is building a pool , and went through the process of talking with the various pool contractors in the area, and then going out and checking out some of the work they had done and talking to the references. Contact him, and I'm sure he can provide you with some good info, or if you want, I'm going back out on Wed. and I can get some info for you.
Let me know if I can help.

ROZ
03-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Equiptment I recommend is Hayward filters, Wisperflow pumps, and Starite filters and pumps like the Max E glass II... The maxi is the most effecient and quiet unit I think is available. Also the way it's designed, replacing a pump , impeller, or pump seal is easier than the other 2 brands... I've repaired and replaced my share of pool equiptment... I service commercial pools on the side.. ;)
Since you're in to saving a little $$ ( like your stereo gear post), consider playing GC... You can save a GRIP!!! Doing it right now...
Mine is running more than 50% off :cool: Then again, I am doing all the work that I can do....

BoatPI
03-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Last year I had a $20,000 pool remodel. One well qualified builder (DP) came over twice. He NEVER would return a call for the price. I thought, does this guy want my money?? Second builder, was honest and said he would do a first rate job, but he was very busy. Class act I thought. Then I was referred to Jim at at Aqua (?) pools. Might be wrong on that name. But the referal was from Wild Bill at Boat Brokers. Check with him, he on the boards.
He was fair, honest, and did a good job. Tile was a tad off to match, but he warned me on that ahead of time.
I STRONGLY suggest using Jandy controler, an automated system with the One Touch board (RS-8). This is a MUST. And a LED pool light, or two. The one Jim recomemded works great, even has a strobe feature, no 1800 needed!
I control my pool light, spa, heat, temp, Malibu's, misters, hell everythihg from this panel. And as far as equipment, I have heard from many guys in business that Purex filers and Mini Max heaters are best. After one years everything works fine.
Also I had a deck guy put new cool type decking on my veranda and pool deck. Looks sweet.
Jim is the guy in the flyers that sells new pools for $17,995.
Good luck.

Ivan Dan
03-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Phebus~ Any help would be great. Maybe he has a list of the ones he talked to and got quotes from and that would help tremendously.
Thanks for the input so far guys.
Hey ROZ I live in Corona and don't really have time to GC the pool in Havasu although I wish I did because I know I could save some good $$$. Maybe the next pool I build I will do that.
Thanks again!
www.DanKaatz.com

phebus
03-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Dan, we are planning to put a pool in our Havasu house as well, and when we talked to him, his comment was " I can save you a lot of time letting you know who you definately don't want, and I will let you know who the better builders are" He seemed real anal about it, and he really seemed to be doing his homework. I will go and talk with him again this week and get back with you.
Rick

Ivan Dan
03-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks Rick! When are you planning to start on your pool? I owe you a cold one this summer for sure.
www.DanKaatz.com