PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone's boat

565edge
03-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Did you take the boat out yet.If so how did it run?Are you coming to ming with it?

cyclone
03-08-2004, 06:55 AM
Superdave and HB Jet helped me get 90% of the plumbing for the water and fuel systems on the boat done on friday. Then i took the weekend off to spend time with my girl. I should have it wired and fired this week barring any unforseen problems. I'm hoping to get out to the water sometime later this week. Ming is up in the air at this point. I'd like to get some seat time in the boat before i go race it and if i go, i may have to sleep in the truck! Damn if all that SS line isn't expensive! :D

victorfb
03-08-2004, 11:44 AM
hey mike. if we can get a couple people to pitch in for the entry and all, i can bring the 5th wheel.

565edge
03-08-2004, 06:06 PM
I just got into the boat mood last week.I ripped my interior out and single seated it.Got a pop-off valve and getting my new pedal assembly made as we speak.I will have a busy 2 weeks to get it finished.With the weather it might not be to bad to sleep in the truck.I am bringing a big bbq pit with me so you can come eat with us.I will probally be staying out their too.If your bringing your girlfreind or need to shower your more than welcome to use my house.I actually moved to bakersfield and am thinking about staying at the track.Go figure.The track is just bad ass!

Heatseeker
03-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Hey Mike, does Superdave have fittings back in stock? I've been holding off on the plumbing in hopes that he'd get some in. I pm'd him last week, but he didn't reply back.

superdave013
03-08-2004, 06:40 PM
John,
I have not gotten them in yet.
I have been getting some inventory but it seems to be comming in pretty slow. I should have recived all the hose by now but so far only -6 has showed up. The NPT adapters that was a 5 day lead time (shipping from FL to CA) seems to be moving pretty slow too. I've gotten about half of the order and I'm pissed about the other half. I've been bugging them every other day about it too.
The hose ends are still on track for the end of the month. (the latest delayed date :mad: )
I've pretty much taken down any reference to hose ends as it's just frustrating me. If I'm not ready to rock by the end of the month I'm going to freaking flip out on someone.
I'll let everyone know when I'm rolling and plan to have a big kick off sale. For the people that can't wait I understand.
I hate to put what I have now on peoples boats as I have changed the colors and finish a bit. Cyclone didn't care about that as he seems the have every brand, color and finish on his boat already.

Heatseeker
03-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the update Dave. I'm kind of waiting for the tax return before any more $eriou$(upholstery & plumbing) work anyway. The timing should be about right. I'll watch for the kick off sale!
Sorry for the thread hijacking :( .

HavasuDreamin'
03-09-2004, 06:05 AM
Hey SD013.......make sure to post your kick off sale on the board. I am interested in some (I believe) -8 items.
HD

HARDIN18
03-09-2004, 07:53 AM
What is the approx. cost of plumbing a 454 with stainless? $200 - $500 - $1,000? Thanx.

Heatseeker
03-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by HARDIN18
What is the approx. cost of plumbing a 454 with stainless? $200 - $500 - $1,000? Thanx.
I priced my stuff on Summit's website using the wish list feature. It totals over $600.

HARDIN18
03-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanx Heatseeker.

HotHallet
03-09-2004, 11:30 AM
What up Mikey. Did you get your boat running yet? I should be back in the water in about a month. Give me a calll and we will get some trips planned.

cyclone
03-09-2004, 04:27 PM
well today was not a great day. I broke a spindle on my Tundra while running through Barstow so that will pretty much wipe out my racing funds for March. Guess i'll have to wait until April. :yuk:

HBjet
03-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by cyclone
well today was not a great day. I broke a spindle on my Tundra while running through Barstow so that will pretty much wipe out my racing funds for March. Guess i'll have to wait until April. :yuk:
Hmmm, the Tundra seemed to hold up just fine for me this last weekend. BTW, thanks for letting me borrow it.
HBjet

victorfb
03-09-2004, 11:09 PM
hey HB Jet. did you get them pics of you jumpin mikes truck back yet? cant wait to see em.:D

HARDIN18
03-10-2004, 10:03 AM
What's up Travis? Both Josh and my boat are in the shop at this moment. It turns out that the only thing wrong with my motor was the carb. My engine managed to shift forward a little so I am having that fixed too. I should have my boat back this weekend and Josh will probably have his back at the end of the month.
We are renting some spots @ the Riviera for our boats this summer. Don't feel like driving two trucks and towing two boats all summer long. Our first trip this year will be to the Riviera the first weekend of April.
I saw your engine on the other thread looks bas ass!!

565edge
03-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Looks like superdave blew your cover.Sounds like your going.

HBjet
03-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by 565edge
Looks like superdave blew your cover.Sounds like your going.
I'm sure he will go to watch, just not going to race...
should be fun, haven't been to Ming for a long time!
HBjet

Blown 472
03-11-2004, 12:15 AM
there's always a pussy cop out.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cyclone
03-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Blown 472
there's always a pussy cop out.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
and there's always one no-job having, wannabe racing poser, who must sit in front of there computer all day long with nothing better to do than start shit with people that they dont even know.
oh yeah i forgot one more thing....jetboat.:D