PDA

View Full Version : Kilrtoy/Jackpunks

28Sport Cat
03-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Hey guys saw both your boats out there today both looking good wish i had mine out but hade to ride shootgun today.:cool:

jackpunx
03-08-2004, 11:01 AM
And thats why I couldnt see you.. lol..Next time for sure... What a cluster it was yesterday.. It was a great day for me.. but a lot of accidents and tickets..
Kilrtoy..
Post a pic of your boat...

Kilrtoy
03-08-2004, 12:09 PM
We were thinking about you, now I know why we didnt see you.
So Im cruising the east side of the lake and the cops are not to far behind, When this big ass cat (SPECTRE I think) makes a u-turn and begins heading East at full throttle. So I hit the gas and thank god i have thru transom exhuast i was able to get up to my TS of 63 rather quickly. The wife says what the F are you doing the cops, I say Look to your left right as this cat blows by me at 90 or so. I said dont worry. Well we all know what happened next.

fourspeednup
03-08-2004, 12:11 PM
thank god i have thru transom exhuast
Indeed;)

jackpunx
03-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
We were thinking about you, now I know why we didnt see you.
So Im cruising the east side of the lake and the cops are not to far behind, When this big ass cat (SPECTRE I think) makes a u-turn and begins heading East at full throttle. So I hit the gas and thank god i have thru transom exhuast i was able to get up to my TS of 63 rather quickly. The wife says what the F are you doing the cops, I say Look to your left right as this cat blows by me at 90 or so. I said dont worry. Well we all know what happened next.
We must have just passed eachother.. because I was taking a vid of him just before he got pulled over..

BoatFloating
03-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by jackpunx
We must have just passed eachother.. because I was taking a vid of him just before he got pulled over..
That wouldn't be 3 days only getting pulled over.:rolleyes:

jackpunx
03-08-2004, 01:34 PM
LOL.. you said it.. not me:eek: I think he might be going for a record..

Three Days Only
03-08-2004, 01:50 PM
I think I have got the record, now. Two tickets in 1 1/2 weeks. Those guys are such dicks. 50 mph in a 35 whats that all about. Thank god he didnt radar me when I was pushing it around 90 when I passed Jackpunx. Killrtoy, I wish I could have run that pig full throttle, we were only running the boat allittle over half throttle.
PS sweet video. I should of stayed on the gas........ call me pussy!!!!!!!
All in all, just another good day on the lake.
Jeff

BoatFloating
03-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
I think I have got the record, now. Two tickets in 1 1/2 weeks. Those guys are such dicks. 50 mph in a 35 whats that all about. Thank god he didnt radar me when I was pushing it around 90 when I passed Jackpunx. Killrtoy, I wish I could have run that pig full throttle, we were only running the boat allittle over half throttle.
PS sweet video. I should of stayed on the gas........ call me pussy!!!!!!!
All in all, just another good day on the lake.
Jeff
Sounds like you spend more money on tickets than gas:D

fourspeednup
03-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Any idea when that vid is gonn be up?:cool:

roln 20s
03-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Mark-
All of this fun and excitement happen after you called me...sounds like an awesome day. Can't wait to hit the lake.
Zack- maybe this weekend, but not sure. I want to get out there so bad.
Its 90 degrees here today, how sweet is that.
Roln 20s

Kilrtoy
03-08-2004, 02:27 PM
3days only that boat is BAD ASS,
is it a Spectre. Good guess at 90 on my part

fourspeednup
03-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
Mark-
All of this fun and excitement happen after you called me...sounds like an awesome day. Can't wait to hit the lake.
Zack- maybe this weekend, but not sure. I want to get out there so bad.
Its 90 degrees here today, how sweet is that.
Roln 20s
roln, how was the wedding? Turned out I couldn't go Sat anyway. Gonna have to stick around this weekend for a funeral:frown: but I'm always down.
All I need is 10min notice to grab some boardshorts and I'm ready for the lake:cool:

Kilrtoy
03-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Ok, I just looked at your avatar
i guess it is.....
Didnt that used to be the ford oval

jackpunx
03-08-2004, 03:01 PM
yes.. that boat is bad asss... Ive been 100 on it in the ocean.. its sick.. I wont give up the numbers now.. but I can tell you that it will produce impressive numbers when we hit the poker run..:D
And dude can drive that bus:D

Kilrtoy
03-08-2004, 03:07 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/111a024_24-med.jpg

jackpunx
03-08-2004, 03:10 PM
OK.. Now I know what to look out for

mbrown2
03-08-2004, 03:37 PM
WTF is it with the cops on that lake....Sorry, I but I would make the trek to the river before I would drop a boat in local....35Mph...and we wonder why Cali sucks...going 35 in a cat just don't make sense...it's like wiping before you poop:)

Rev. Williams
03-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
going 35 in a cat just don't make sense...it's like wiping before you poop:)
I've never heard such a clear analogy for not making sense :D :D :D
That's frikin classic!

jackpunx
03-08-2004, 03:50 PM
ROTFLMAO... !!! that s a good one.. but you got to get wet.. well.. I do anyway.. :D

eliminatedsprinter
03-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by jackpunx
OK.. Now I know what to look out for
Was my discription accurate or what? I've only seen it in pics, but I know I didn't see it. Perhaps I'm getting old:rolleyes: :eek: .

Kilrtoy
03-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Was my discription accurate or what? I've only seen it in pics, but I know I didn't see it. Perhaps I'm getting old
WHAT:confused:

JetBoatRich
03-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Castaic Sucks:yuk:

28Sport Cat
03-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Castaic Sucks yeah but pyramids closed:D

jackpunx
03-09-2004, 08:30 AM
The only pics of that KT posted that I remember were of his wife:D ..
Seems like there are issues with all of our local lakes.. Pyramid is closed..
Castaic is cop crazy and full of all the pyramid roll over..
Piru is a mud hole
Buena vista is locked down
Hopefully Elsinore is better than Ive heard.

eliminatedsprinter
03-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Was my discription accurate or what? I've only seen it in pics, but I know I didn't see it. Perhaps I'm getting old
WHAT:confused:
I told him to look for a 21 shockwave with a sort of flame/splash pattern coming up from the rear with orangish yellow flames with blue highlights. That is the best I can discribe it from seeing it in your old aviatar and fom the pic in HB mags reader rides.:cool:

Three Days Only
03-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by BoatFloating
Sounds like you spend more money on tickets than gas:D
Seems that way lately!!!!!!!!! Your turn is coming soon, maybe you can take the heat off my allittle while, hurry up and get that new boat.
Jeff

Three Days Only
03-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Ok, I just looked at your avatar
i guess it is.....
Didnt that used to be the ford oval
All good things come in a oval!!!!!!!!

Ultracrazy
03-09-2004, 01:40 PM
My .02 worth.........if you know the limit is 35.......and your going 50+............Why complain about the cops? And......you admit to going 90. Hmmmmmmm........yep........it was the cop pushing that throttle right? I don't get it. :confused:

Three Days Only
03-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Ultracrazy
My .02 worth.........if you know the limit is 35.......and your going 50+............Why complain about the cops? And......you admit to going 90. Hmmmmmmm........yep........it was the cop pushing that throttle right? I don't get it. :confused:
Who said anything about complaining that I got a ticket, I just said the cops out there are dicks. Many others on this board will give you the same opinion. I can afford the tickets, and since it will not appear on my driving record, who really gives a shit anyway. Just more revenue for the county, god knows we need it right now!!!!!!!!!!!! Cops pushing the throttles, thats a good question, I wonder if he was driving my boat, if he could resist and only go 35 mph? I bet not!!!!!
3DO

OGShocker
03-09-2004, 02:34 PM
So, I take it you do not live in a glass house.:rolleyes:

jackpunx
03-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Most of the cops on that lake are dicks.. I’ve seen many instances where they could/should have been different. Maybe its their job. Maybe its there personality who knows.. But they seem to be a little inexperienced in the people business.. I would be really impressed if you never went over 35...unless your boat couldn’t get over 35.. and even more surprised if you ever got a ticket the YOU felt you didn’t deserve. I know him.. If it was safe he would have opened it up all the way.. But it wasn’t.. And I didn’t hear him complaining.. Sounded more like a good sport with an opinion to me.

eliminatedsprinter
03-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Castiaic feels like boating in a prison or a school yard. I don't know about you guys, but in the boats I have driven there, 35 mph is just the right speed to make sure you land right in the troughs and treat your boat to maximum hullslap.:mad:
Let's face it, even if you are driving slow and are in no hurry, it is no fun to drive down the street with a cop car right behind you. To me boating in a fast boat knowing that there is a cop with a radar gun on you most of the time feels pretty much the same way.:rolleyes: Let's face it, Castiac is only good for 3 things 1. sitting on shore B.S.ing with friends and looking at nice boats etc..:wink: 2. Fishing (which I very seldom do anymore). 3. On very rare occasions, when it's not to rough, doing a little wakeboarding or watersking. As far as boating is concerned, it's useless, ya might as well just haul it down to Marina Del Ray and put around the docks.....:rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
03-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
Castiac is only good for 3 things 1. sitting on shore B.S.ing with friends and looking at nice boats etc..:wink: 2. Fishing (which I very seldom do anymore). 3. On very rare occasions:rolleyes:
I can not think of one let alone three, (sorry Steve) What shore it is limited and usually full of trash. So how can you B.S. with otheres on shore. You are right usually to rough for skiing, etc.
Cataic Sucks:D
The stories never stop from that place, give us Pyramid:D for local trips

LOWRIVER2
03-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Have'nt been to Castaic in, oh 13 years. Last I remember those are L.A. County Safety Police (not full 830.1PC.) officers and L.A. county lifeguards. Has that changed? Might shed light on some things such as poor attitude and their experience (lack of) in communication skills.
Easiest way to have fun: buy a place at the river and have another excuse to go like I do, to test the boat. Once you do, you'll never want to trailer a boat out for a one day trip again.
Complaining about speeding at a posted (and known very restrictive lake) is about as smart as the base heads and crack dealers I put in jail nightly that still sling crack on Figueroa between 74th St. to Manchester. They know I'm coming around, and they still keep slipping. Maybe it's the addiction thing, they, and boaters, just can't stop.
Crack kills
Speed costs
Go figure?LOL!!

Three Days Only
03-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Crack Kills & Speed Costs
Aint that the truth, it cost money to build them to go fast and then you cant do it anywhere locally. They need to adjust the speed limit to a max of around 50, that would at least allow some of the larger boats to run on plane, and provide a decent traveling speed while testing. I have no reason to go to that lake except for the once in a while dip in after running in the salt or out of plain boredom. Havasu is 5 hours, Castaic 10 min. The ocean is great, my favorite playground except sometimes its just to much work also. One hour in the drink, two hours cleaning and flushing the boat. Plus it's kind of fun playing the cat and mouse game. It's just my luck that the mouse keeps getting it's neck trapped.
35MPH is a lame speed limit, no matter what the reason.
Jeff

BoatFloating
03-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
Crack Kills & Speed Costs
Aint that the truth, it cost money to build them to go fast and then you cant do it anywhere locally. They need to adjust the speed limit to a max of around 50, that would at least allow some of the larger boats to run on plane, and provide a decent traveling speed while testing. I have no reason to go to that lake except for the once in a while dip in after running in the salt or out of plain boredom. Havasu is 5 hours, Castaic 10 min. The ocean is great, my favorite playground except sometimes its just to much work also. One hour in the drink, two hours cleaning and flushing the boat. Plus it's kind of fun playing the cat and mouse game. It's just my luck that the mouse keeps getting it's neck trapped.
35MPH is a lame speed limit, no matter what the reason.
Jeff
35 MPH only.....

pussy cat
03-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Good one Rock!!

LOWRIVER2
03-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Cat and mouse?
I have no problem with that, but you don't have much room to hide at Castaic.
I guess Smelsinore is the only posted "speed" zone section lake in So. Cal. It's not pretty but no "extra charges" care of the local enforcement at that body of water.

Ultracrazy
03-10-2004, 07:07 AM
But the fact remains.......if you don't like the 35....then stay off the lake. Your attitude about "you can afford the ticket" sounds like the type of guy that says "hey......I can afford to the time, so I'll just do the crime". That's why I have a job I guess.

Ultracrazy
03-10-2004, 07:09 AM
It's not that I live in a glass house OG.........it's that if I get caught speeding.......I blame myself......not the cops.

Three Days Only
03-10-2004, 09:19 AM
But the fact remains.......if you don't like the 35....then stay off the lake. Your attitude about "you can afford the ticket" sounds like the type of guy that says "hey......I can afford to the time, so I'll just do the crime". That's why I have a job I guess. [/QUOTE]
You seem to be missing the point and reading alot more into this then just the facts. I got busted for speeding, It does not go on my driving record with the citation that was written. I pay the fine its over. Theres a big difference from speeding in my boat and ripping off the local liquor store. It is kind of like a blessing, if the state did not collect revenue from tickets, think about how much higher our taxes would be.
It's not that I live in a glass house OG.........it's that if I get caught speeding.......I blame myself......not the cops.
Once again, I never blamed the cop, for my irresponsibility. I JUST SAID HE WAS A DICK!!!!!!!!!! When you write a person a ticket are you cool about it, or are you a DICK??? Well this guys just acts like a DICK. Therefore, he is a DICK. I glady accept the outcome of my speeding, and have no problem with it. He asked how fast I was going, I told him. His radar proved that fact. I was cool about it. The younger guy on the patrol boat was cool, the cop that wrote me the ticket was a dick.
Where do you work so I can avoid that area?
You would probably stick the whole book to my fat ass!!
Jeff / Speed Demon

Three Days Only
03-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by pussy cat
Good one Rock!!
Pussy Cat,
Since it aint gonna suck itself, I hear Pahrump, a city close to you, can take care of those issues.
Boat Sinking,
It's going to be 0 MPH only soon. I just keep going backwards. Whats up with that?
3DO

LOWRIVER2
03-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Let's just agree there's always two sides to every story.
Taking yours at face value, you were polite and did everything the officer said. You were never stopped by the officer before and he gave you a bad attitude. Officer is in the wrong. If it's the second time or more that the same officer pulled you over for the same violation in a couple of weeks since the first stop, I could see some attitude coming out of the guy (not that it's warranted, but humans are humans) .
They make citation continuation sheets for repeat offenders who "don't get it" as to adhearing to a specific regulation and it can be used to get "compliance"/LOL
Hey, you know the consequences, and you make your own choices, end of story.

Ultracrazy
03-10-2004, 10:06 AM
I agree with Lowriver2............and I agree that cops shouldn't get personal. But......it seems like you have taken the " I don't care attitude". Which is fine by me........you have to pay the fines, not me.
Have great day.........and I mean that. Please be safe for everyones sake. Thanks.

Three Days Only
03-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Exactly, the truth. I was real cool both times, supplied all neccasary info and evidence of all required saftey products and never bullshited him. He acted the same on both accounts. You never no, maybe he was just having a bad couple of weeks, but I doubt it. If you ask me he just didnt like me or my loud abnoxious boat. The comment that big thing does not belong here on this lake, makes me feel that way anyway.
UltraCrazy,
All in all, I have no problems with LE ever. Only at that lake, and with that praticular officer. I did not take a I dont give a shit attitude with the officer, just after the fact. I know that your comments are not meant as a personal attack, and just as a opinion and I respect that!!!! Same goes for me. Have a great day, maybe we can meet up in Havasu, I'll mix you up a great Grey Goose and Cranberry, or two.
Jeff

jackpunx
03-10-2004, 10:13 AM
3do,
Why do you got to be such a DICK all the time?:D

Three Days Only
03-10-2004, 10:14 AM
It must be in my nature!!!!!! I love everyone!!!!!
Are you ready of Saturday, I am.
Jeff

jackpunx
03-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Cant wait.. I got the Vid camera and a still camera..

repo man
03-10-2004, 10:51 AM
it seems like all boatcops are dicks. at least with normal cops sometimes you run into cool ones!!

Three Days Only
03-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by repo man
it seems like all boatcops are dicks. at least with normal cops sometimes you run into cool ones!!
I can't agree with that one, must of the cops I meet on the lakes are real cool, and enjoy their jobs. Theirs always a bad seed.
Jeff

jackpunx
03-10-2004, 11:00 AM
I’ve been pretty fortunate with most all cops Boat/Street.. I guess they have to train us with stricked rules.. but.. it just seems like a lot of them could work on their social skills.. Ive learned to hide at the lakes:D

Ultracrazy
03-10-2004, 11:15 AM
3DO
Thanks Jeff, I will take you up on your offer. If you ever see and 21 Stealth full of kids, stop by and say "hey" and we will toast to the "good ones".
Take care,
Steve

jackpunx
03-10-2004, 11:34 AM
I alway's love those happy endings:D

LOWRIVER2
03-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Well, where I work, I usually get called "Cracker" and "Blue Eyed Devil". Funny thing is, they say that after they've sold 6-10 little "hard, off white rocks" wrapped up in little baggies to some other fine outstanding citizens. Wonder why they're so mean?/LOL!
They hurt my feelings, I'm going to the river!/LOL!

Three Days Only
03-10-2004, 11:56 AM
3DO
Thanks Jeff, I will take you up on your offer. If you ever see and 21 Stealth full of kids, stop by and say "hey" and we will toast to the "good ones".
Take care,
Steve
21 Stealth full of kids, thats 1/3 of the boats out there, I see how it is. How about this, if you see a 36' Spectre that looks like this, come on over. When is your first trip out, we are going to be up there the weekends of April 3, 16, & 24. Hope to meet you out there.
Jeff
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/985maximus.jpg

Ducatista
03-10-2004, 12:07 PM
It's the comments in threads like this that make it pretty obvious why alot of So Cal boater's drag their rigs to Mead, Mohave & Havasu/river. Whats scares me is that it's only a matter of time until these lakes and recreation areas will be clamped down upon. With more big, or just plain fast, factory boats accessible to the average Joe, it's just around the cornor it seems to me. Havasu seems like the last bastion of unbridled Hot Boat decadence in the west, and I see that as going away in the near future. I wonder how long we have at these places before all the fun is legislated away and LE actually starts enforcing the rules? At Havasu LE seems to go after the drunks, unsafe idiots, and the extremly loud "look at me's", leaving the average citizen alone to have their fun. How long before AZ and other states become like Cali is my concern. New noise laws, next will be actual speed limits I fear(well actually thats not a big problem with my ride!), Idiots like the jerks at the Havasu Marina. I fear that the river lifestyle as we know it today is an endangered species. If and when that happens I will "off" my lake boat and return to the ocean from whence I came!

Three Days Only
03-10-2004, 12:28 PM
I could not agree more. I belive we all be seeing a large change at Havasu over the next few years. I do not belive that it is the average lake user, but the gang bangers and scum bags that come in and cause major problems at large hang out area's. The ocean will not be as friendly as people think, they are cracking down on noise and speed in the ocean also.
Jeff

Ducatista
03-10-2004, 12:31 PM
That will not be a problem in my Azimut 55 or SeaVana 60 motor yacht..........I hope!:cool:

eliminatedsprinter
03-10-2004, 01:12 PM
But the fact remains.......if you don't like the 35....then stay off the lake. Your attitude about "you can afford the ticket" sounds like the type of guy that says "hey......I can afford to the time, so I'll just do the crime". That's why I have a job I guess.
The "if you don't like the rules stay off the lake point" is only logical to a point. After all, what do we do when the safety nazis decide to enforce such rules on all of our boating areas. Or so many of them, that the few fun places that remain are too crowded or GU? Give away our boats, become vegans, and take up origami?:confused: :yuk:

Kilrtoy
03-10-2004, 10:43 PM
So that is what the boat looks like, It blew by me so fast all I saw was a blur of colors.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/985maximus.jpg

Beav
03-11-2004, 05:15 AM
3DO, I don't get to post much but here's my .02. Hav'n been in L.E. for 15yrs I can tell you that most of the cops who tend to have an attitude about things like this are new cops and its because they take it personel. It usually takes a few years for that to wear off. If it was me i'd be yapp'n with you about ur bad ass boat try'n to get a ride in Havasu where you can go as fast as you want. Of course i'd have to write you a ticket!! JK
P.S. Your battles with Bling are comedy!!! Keep up the good work!

Ultracrazy
03-11-2004, 08:09 AM
Good point 3DO.........that would be 1/3 of the rigs out there. So.......I'll look for your bad a$$ boat and wave as your going by:D
I would post a pick of mine.........but I don't know how (stupid LE). But......if you go to the ultraboats.com site.......you can see my purple and green sled on the 21 stealth section.
I may be slow.....but I have Looooooots of beer.
I'm looking into the new 24 stealth with a HP500.......don't tell the wife though:frown:
I'll be at Topock this weekend and next.........:D
Later......