PDA

View Full Version : Hatch lift problem, wont go up!

ryantparks
03-07-2004, 07:04 PM
The hydraulic lift on my hatch doesnt work anymore(single post) it only spins around. No up and down. Its a 2002 so its not that old. Anybody have similar problems? I brought it home from the river this weekend so that I could work on it myself but before I did I thought Id ask the pro's. Thanks, Ryan

jlnorthrup122
03-07-2004, 07:27 PM
The only thing I can think of is you have a leak and you are low or dry on the fluid level check your resivor and if it is low then you got a leak! probly need a gasket on the pump or new hoses!
Good luck:cool:

Rexone
03-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Never seen a hydraulic one spin around. Have no idea what's up with that.

TCHB
03-07-2004, 08:37 PM
This happend to a person I know on his new boat. I will ask him and let you know what I find out.

C-2
03-07-2004, 09:22 PM
???
The circular pin connecting the ram to the hatch is out?
Do you have a manual pin (about ½ inch in diameter with a couple of spring loaded ball bearings) that has become dislodged, or is the pin in and the ram still spinning?
:)

TrojanDan
03-07-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I'm pretty sure the ones under most boat hatches are actually an electric driven worm gear.. (not hydraulic)
the only true hydraulic ones that I've seen that are somewhat popular are the Dana Scissor lifts.. ????
RD
False, I have dual ram hyraulic lifter uppers by Bennett. They share the same pump as my Bennett trim tabs.
Ryantparks- if your ram is a Bennett, send it back if it's under 5 years old. I'm getting ready to replace my two year old ones with new ones from Bennett since they leak.

Rexone
03-08-2004, 03:19 AM
Hydraulic hatch lifts from Bennett and also TrimMaster and a couple others are fairly common in the general boating world.

91nordic29
03-08-2004, 06:46 AM
ours got stuck once because i (damn!) wound it to tight (held the swiitch too long) while closing. hubby had to take the hatch off the hinges as i remember correctly. not fun

Rexone
03-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Link one (http://www.rexmar.com/page54.html)
Link two (http://www.rexmar.com/page55.html)
:)

ryantparks
03-08-2004, 05:55 PM
This 1 is the electric type and I think it is screw-driven. I havent gotten into it yet but I will tomorrow. Thanks for all the input guys!

surfer2001
03-08-2004, 07:13 PM
I had the same thing, see if you can get the top part out by hand (Jerk it). mine came unscrewed. the top might have threads that screw into a swiveling nut the rides up & down the shaft.
Are you sure you are talking about you're boat? hee hee

TrojanDan
03-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ryantparks
This 1 is the electric type and I think it is screw-driven.
Well shit, why did you say it was hydraulic then? You're screwed and just have to buy a new boat. :D

rrrr
03-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by 91nordic29
ours got stuck once because i (damn!) wound it to tight (held the swiitch too long) while closing. hubby had to take the hatch off the hinges as i remember correctly. not fun
I hope you were appropriately punished.... :D :D

Waldo
03-10-2004, 02:34 PM
How's it going with the actuator??? Any progress?
I am thinking about purchasing an electric one myself. However, how can this situation be avoided or corrected?
I don't want to be on the river and lose power and not be able to access my engine compartment. I'm sure there are ways, I just don't know of them. Little help?