PDA

View Full Version : Water in oil?

Little G
09-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Do you think that because an exhaust flap ripped off that from sitting on the beach with waves beating on the back of the boat that water could somehow get in the oil.

Snowboat
09-04-2002, 05:10 AM
If there was enough water shoved all the way up the exhaust to some open exhaust valves, onto the piston, past the rings, into the oil. How much water, what kind of exhaust?

obnoxious001
09-05-2002, 09:29 PM
Little G,,, several things may have happened. Water definately could have gotten into the cylinders, since at any given time some exhaust valves would be open. I just rebuilt one that got water in a cylinder and caused a bent rod, since water does not compress as air and fuel do. Something like that may cause further damage, perhaps even a cracked cylinder. How about a few more details. I assume there was no sign of oil previous to that particular day. Write me direct at: agt001@aol.com if you wish.
Barry

Hollis
09-17-2002, 03:18 PM
Last week I pulled plug #1 and to my suprise...water ran out! If it wasn't at my buddys barn I would have sworn somebody poured it down the carb. :mad:

spectras only
09-18-2002, 07:11 PM
Hollis ,the water passage is right next to your # 1 and # 4 cyl .I suspect the intake gasket is not installed properly.You have to remove the intake manifold and replace the gasket with a new one [use felpro with the neoprene end seals versa the cork ones,that usually comes with].Make sure you use rtv silicon gasket maker around the water passages only to assure a good sealing against water leakage.

DEEZ NUTTS
09-18-2002, 08:26 PM
The ride home on the trailer with corroded or blown out riser gaskets (depending on exhaust type) could shake a fair amount of h2o loose.

Eric455
10-19-2002, 04:23 PM
aftermarket camshafts will cause water in your oil
eric

carreraboat
10-20-2002, 07:05 AM
had a sea hose come off and motor gotta a little warm it still ran fine but got hot enough to melt the teflon around my head studs started leaking into the oil galley thus water in oil i did not find it till i tore it apart also found my weird top end miss was a sucked exhaust valve the guy who did my heads did not put in the valves he said he did if you some do any of your work always check what they do

eliminator777
11-03-2002, 08:33 AM
Well the over lap of cam can suck water in from exhaust. The head bolt threads could be leaking .you could have a crack -your flapper missing could be the problem .remenber water in oil is tough on the bearings and rust in cylinders is tough on rings.