PDA

View Full Version : Who knows about Golden Shores?

Mandelon
03-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Sure seems like there's a lot of places for sale there....
Its right near Topock isnt it?

LUVNLIFE
03-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Oh.....I thought it said Golden Showers.....Never mind;)

Kachina26
03-08-2004, 07:13 PM
It's a nice small town, a couple of miles up the road from topock. I have family that lives there, as a matter of fact I'm going there Wednesday, my cousin was killed in an accident:( . I've been going there since I was little and short of having to travel a ways to make a living it seems like a nice place to live.

cigarette1
03-09-2004, 07:29 AM
I thought you were talking about Goldenshore in Long Beach. That used to be the hot boat spot back in the day. Long before the Queen Mary arrived, everyone used to test raceboats and waterski there. Had a nice ramp and docks with fresh water. Grass picnic areas. It was our local boating spot.
G

chub
03-09-2004, 11:07 AM
We have a place there. You won't like it. Stay away it's a bad town full of mean bad people. OK it's a cool place and I got a nice view of Goose lake. 7 miles to the ramp and no stop lights. If you like a place where everyone waves hello you'll like GS. Send me a PM if you want more details.:D

Ultracrazy
03-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Kachina26
Was that the fireman killed a week ago or so? If so.........my thoughts are with you.
I have a place in Golden Shores.......parents have lived there for years. I really enjoy the community.

carbonmarine
03-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Topac... Golden Shores Marina - we talking about the same thing ???
I always remmeber the Azz on the one Bartender there ....
its amazing , totally built for sex....and she make the best Bloody's ever ! Then theres the older gal... shes okay too. #2 for the bloody's..
Rick32:cool:

Kachina26
03-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Ultracrazy
Kachina26
Was that the fireman killed a week ago or so? If so.........my thoughts are with you.
I have a place in Golden Shores.......parents have lived there for years. I really enjoy the community. Yeah, that's my cousin John. AKA JP. Really gonna miss him. Thanx.

OGShocker
03-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Yeah, that's my cousin John. AKA JP. Really gonna miss him. Thanx.
Our thoughts are with you and your family.

eliminatedsprinter
03-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Oh.....I thought it said Golden Showers.....Never mind;)
Damn! That's what I was thinking too. :rolleyes: :D Greatly ill minds must think alike.:cool: :D ;) :p :eek:

Mrs Luvnlife
03-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Yeah, that's my cousin John. AKA JP. Really gonna miss him. Thanx.
Our thoughts are with you and yours!! Sorry!! :(

Kachina26
03-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Thank you guys for your thoughts,
J.P. was laid to rest yesterday with full firemans honors, I've never seen anything like it. Lake Havasu FD came up to Golden Shores with their own equipment and covered the dept so that everyone could attend the services. I can't get over the procession, it contained members of many fire depts as well as San Bernardino co Sherrifs all of whom knew and loved J.P. .
We were followed by 2 blackhawk helicopters who saw the procession and joined in, people stopped their cars alongside the road, got out and saluted or put their hands over their hearts. We passed by a high school softball game, the kids stopped play ran to the outfield and put their hats over their hearts. These folks did not know J.P. , but rather had a sense of pride in those who serve them that I don't think existed to this degree before 9-11. All in all it was a very trying and heartwrencing day.

HARDIN18
03-11-2004, 09:11 AM
Sorry for your families loss. It's Awesome to hear everyone took the moment to give there condolences (sp.).