PDA

View Full Version : Music Downloads

Lightning
03-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Summer is around the corner and I am feeling the need to expand my music collection. The awesome weather today had me thinking about nice days floating down the river. It's almost time to start making some boat cd's.
I was using Kazaa, but all the b.s. and half the songs being ruined when you download has me frustrated. What other sites are you guys using to download music?

pebo
03-08-2004, 09:51 PM
WinMX works for me.:D

mickeyfinn
03-09-2004, 12:24 AM
Download this version. No spy or adware and has ip filtering that supposedly prevents the RIAA from seeing who is sharing what.
K++ (http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/darktips/story/0,24330,3534257,00.html)

Mr.Havasu
03-09-2004, 09:15 AM
BearShare
I'm not admitting nothing.;)

mickeyfinn
03-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Not real worried about it. I was always told you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. I don't know if everyone has heard or read about this but hopefully it will slow the RIAA down a little.
Lawsuit (http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-5161209.html)

Keithb87
03-09-2004, 12:28 PM
I got a copy of Kazaa ++ that supposedly I don't have to share files. :confused: (it is also pirated :D)
That is what the whole stink is about anyway. Right???

mickeyfinn
03-09-2004, 12:38 PM
None of the Kazza products have "required" you to share files. A lot of people out there sharing the files you are downloading will cut you off if you are not sharing. The other versions also rated your "participation" level and gave you download priority based on that rating. K++ eliminates that rating and makes it immaterial. I don't really worry that much about getting caught downloading and if everyone stops sharing then there is nothing to download. The group IP filters that are installed in K++ will work as long as the means that the RIAA is using don't switch to another IP or another group of IP addresses. This could get interesting with new IP filters having to be added just like you have to update antivirus dat files to maintain effective antivirus. If the RIAA starts switching around IP addresses you may have to do periodic updates to the filter to insure they continue to not see you..

mirvin
03-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by mickeyfinn
Not real worried about it. I was always told you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. I don't know if everyone has heard or read about this but hopefully it will slow the RIAA down a little.
Lawsuit (http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-5161209.html)
You know what would slow the RIAA down, if you turds went and paid for some music:D
mirvin

NorCalCat
03-09-2004, 01:27 PM
look at limewire.
http://www.limewire.com/english/content/download.shtml
Go with the basic. Best quality I have seen.

mirvin
03-09-2004, 02:57 PM
THis sucks! I can't even get you guys to tell me to **** off!!
WTF?:D
mirvin

phebus
03-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
mirvin
The weather is too nice. Everyone's happy. :D

mickeyfinn
03-09-2004, 03:32 PM
mirvin
Just didn't seem worth the effort.

OutCole'd
03-09-2004, 03:38 PM
mirvin
Just feeling the love..

Laveyman
03-09-2004, 03:39 PM
mirvin
Some folks just aren't happy unless they're being abused! I'll help ya out man...
**** OFF DUDE!!!
Now getting back on topic, I use Morpheus. Always get the file ya want, good quality, and no spyware like Kazaa! I also sacrifice a few chickens and pray to the RIAA Gods not to bust me. :D

mirvin
03-09-2004, 03:44 PM
That's more like it;)
I guess all it take is a little sunshine and everyone's in love:D Looks like nobody's had a chance to drink yet:p
mirvin

AleAlchemist
03-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Lets get back on track.
I compiled some water music,
course im a sophmore to the river but I think I got started on the right pace.
a little, eagles CCWR, 3 dog Night, Sublime...
Somethings Missing!

mirvin
03-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by AleAlchemist
Lets get back on track.
I compiled some water music,
course im a sophmore to the river but I think I got started on the right pace.
a little, eagles CCWR, 3 dog Night, Sublime...
Somethings Missing!
You're forgetting the Cadillac Tramps:D
mirvin

Cheap Thrills
03-09-2004, 05:20 PM
www.earthstation5.com not as much music as kazza once had but not as corrupt .
I'm also involved with several elite FTP groups that share music ,movies and apps. just keep your eyes open for those .
or get your friends together and start one .
C.T. ;)

Scream
03-09-2004, 05:57 PM
How 'bout
"You High Fivin Mother F@#$ers" by Local H
It's got a good beat you can dance to :rolleyes: