PDA

View Full Version : P/S 6.0 Weird Idle

jackpunx
03-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Hi all,
I have a new F 250 with Modified intake and exhaust. Every now and then it will Idle funny (not funny ha ha) IÂ’ve heard that it could be injectors but it doesnÂ’t happen all the time. Could this be normal from the mods IÂ’ve done? Has anyone else had this issue? What should I look for? IÂ’ve checked the oil level to make sure that its not going up.. Any ideas?

fourspeednup
03-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Did it come equipped with an IAC motor (Idle Air Control)? It's used to raise the trucks idle to about 1800 when cold, speed up AC compressor, or charge the batts. On earlier models it came as an option but since yours is brandy new it might be standard issue.
Does it affect drivability? ie. if you let your foot off the brake in gear will it lurch forward?
If so, have it looked at but if it does it only while in park, while cold, or idleing for extended periods with AC on I wouldn't worry.:cool:

jackpunx
03-09-2004, 10:34 AM
It does lurch a little.. but only sometimes.. Im going to turn off my Quadzilla next time that happens.. It might be somthing in the program they have..

03-09-2004, 11:14 AM
A great web site to check is thedieselstop.com it has more info than you could possibly need and covers what you are referring to.
Eric:)

jackpunx
03-09-2004, 11:16 AM
thanks.. Ive been lurking on there.. just havnt posted yet.. I will probably set up a profile and start posting..

donzi22
03-09-2004, 11:17 AM
There is a PCM update to solve this problem. But you must remove any aftermarket chip or program before you take it to the dealer for a reflash.I am a tech at a ford dealer and have done a bunch of these

jackpunx
03-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Awsome!!! thanks
is this issue creating any damage?..or just a small computer issue?

donzi22
03-11-2004, 11:39 AM
no damage if its just an idel problem. There have been some injecter problems that load th crankcase full of fuel, this could be a big problem but you would have a severe miss and your oil would be over full