PDA

View Full Version : The Trojan Ghost [Lavey] SCORES

CircleJerk
03-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Hey, B BROTHERS, I know you dont get the CVDCof America newsletter so I will share an article with you dudes. From their 'Blast from the Past' article, Powerboat mag, April 1974, comes an interesting race at Long Beach! The Lavey beat the KING of 'B-Boats' Not once but twice the Green Mamba 'B' K50 was spanked in two heats by the K99 driven by Vic Van Ella and yes this boat is a LaveyCraft with a trunk! After winning the first heat when Jullian broke, Van Ella advanced to the final. With the blown Chevy pushing it high in the air, judging by the pictures, he was hit in the transom by the KING resulting in the K50 spinning out and taking on enough water to have a complete salt bath! Score at least one K boat victory for a Lavey, and you said they were losers in K boat competition! I guess Billy just forgot to tell his bro Jerr about this one.......Rick Williams was the owner of this K99 and if he is still around, way to go Rick! sTirNthePoTjErK:D Want a great nostalgic winner? Get a Lavey! Everyone has a 'B-Boat'!:)

1st Timer
03-09-2004, 10:47 AM
That was a incredible story Jerk
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

dossangers
03-09-2004, 01:10 PM
I thought the k -99 was a sanger and winning by a breakdown in the first heat did not beat the B-BOAT straight up second heat sounds like julian was coming hard and the K-99 GOT IN THE WAY but a win is a win even though it was a small one! your working overtime Sir Jerkness!! LOL!!!:cool: :cool:

126driver
03-09-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 1st Timer
That was a incredible story Jerk
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
Right or wrong, that is some funny shit. :D

jim davis
03-10-2004, 02:54 AM
trogan or bruin , it's still So. Calif . You are polking the b-hive with your stick again I see mr. Jerk. Jerry G. and Billy B. are going to be on your b-hind before the 300 count I'll bet. Good luck on the swelling from the stings. JimmyD

Larry Nebb
03-10-2004, 06:14 AM
Jerk, those L boats have trunks?? That would be cool. I wish my boat had one. I could carry all my tools them. I worry about them when I leave them in my truck.

BILLY.B
03-10-2004, 06:17 AM
OK Jerk hear goes. First thing first. I was there that day and it wasn't pretty. Vic Van Ella had a very good running K boat, and your right it was a "L" boat. Were not allowed to say the full name in this house :D . Anyway, he was involved in a crash with Julian that day that resulted in Julian going down with his boat. Julian's shoot jacket got tied up with the engine and he was under water for quite a bit. Plus the only reason the crash happened was because the Lavey was so slow going thru the corner (1 pin turn). Plus if you can't run with the KING you might as well CUT HIM OFF. Typical "L" boat sweeping turn and Julian coming in hot as hell couldn't avoid hiting him on the transom. Oh well I guess a win is a win JERK,. If you can't beat'm,crash'm out of the race.:eek: :D

BigBoyToys
03-10-2004, 06:23 AM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D

Larry Nebb
03-10-2004, 06:27 AM
I still think a trunk would be cool :cool:

BILLY.B
03-10-2004, 06:34 AM
Yeah more room for all the SHIT you'd have to pack up after you didn't qualify :D

flat broke
03-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Circle Jerk,
Let me know if you got my PM. The thing hung when I replied, but it says that I sent it. Didn't want you thinking I was blowing you off.
Chris

CircleJerk
03-10-2004, 10:22 AM
VERRRRy interesting......says Artie on Laugh In! REmember that also Mr B.? As he peeks around the fern plant with squinty eyes. Let's see, would you call that 'bump to pass' or chopping, blocking, or a racing incident like the roundy rounders? Its a bummer anyway you look at it. The interesting part about your eye witness account is the chute tangle thing. Why were the chutes armed? Was this the pioneer days for a chute jacket and everyone wore them? Only drag racers use them now, is this correct? Sked told me about a tradedy that caused the driver to be critically hurt when the chute lines pulled him into a passing boat! the Blonde Bomber doesnt hook hers up due to her slower boat speed in the corners, I assume this is correct?! She's the only racer that has one because it came with the used jacket. What do you think of the B-day video I sent? Kids still got it??:D
Ps: We use the trunk for beverages dude, where you been?!:)

CircleJerk
03-10-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by jim davis
You are polking the b-hive with your stick again I see mr. Jerk. Jerry G. and Billy B. are going to be on your b-hind before the 300 count I'll bet. Good luck on the swelling from the stings. JimmyD
Some folks even enjoy the stings from the 'B' spanking! And if Jimmie D rules, then you must be the 'King' of your own GARAGE! or kitchen!;) :)

126driver
03-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by CircleJerk
The interesting part about your eye witness account is the chute tangle thing. Why were the chutes armed? Was this the pioneer days for a chute jacket and everyone wore them? Only drag racers use them now, is this correct?
Armed? :confused: You have to wear a chute jacket in a K.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Hey, B BROTHERS, Score at least one K boat victory for a Lavey, and you said they were losers in K boat competition!
Your Jerkness,
If the Lavey was so great!!! Why did Rick Williams make the switch to Sanger????? Also (pay attention this time)....NOBODY WHO IS ANYBODY (present day) RACES THEM!!!! Why is that???? We have seen them over and over in the boat trader for years!!!!
I've said it before and I'll probably have to say it again...Laveys are awesome but, they just don't "Rule the Roost"!!!
Jimmy D. Rules :D

Dave Sammons
03-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Just an opinion,
There are only two kinds of circle racers. Those who own a Biesemeyer and those who want one.

dossangers
03-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Dave Sammons
Just an opinion,
There are only two kinds of circle racers. Those who own a Biesemeyer and those who want one. "AHMEN BROTHER AHMEN "

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Just an opinion,
There are only two kinds of circle racers. Those who own a Biesemeyer and those who want one.
Dave,
This is how CJ deals with his denial problem....
...if you've been lurking these boards for a while, you'll recognize the symptoms.:)
Jerry

72 superlite
03-10-2004, 06:51 PM
I thought the two kinds of circle racers were, those who have been wet, and those who will be wet. And Jerk watch your tape with the footage from the boat racers reunion, I believe Rick Williams said the best boat he ever ran was a Sanger! Oh and by the way my boat lives. Been redoing the wiring, previously done by the spaghetti brothers, what a mess! Wired up the new switch panel tonite and couldn't help myself, I had to throw the battery in it and test my work. I did something right it turns over. Been along time since its made any noise.

Rexone
03-10-2004, 07:30 PM
The Lavey beat the KING of 'B-Boats' Not once but twice the Green Mamba 'B' K50 was spanked in two heats by the K99 driven by Vic Van Ella and yes this boat is a LaveyCraft with a trunk! After winning the first heat when Jullian broke, Van Ella advanced to the final. With the blown Chevy pushing it high in the air, judging by the pictures, he was hit in the transom by the KING resulting in the K50 spinning out and taking on enough water to have a complete salt bath! Score at least one K boat victory for a Lavey
Man that was one helluva spankin. I'd be proud to display that trophy. :rolleyes: Not to shortchange Vic's win over the others but that Lboat couldn't beat K50 no way no how. :D And neither could anyone else very often.
Rick's still around as far as I know. I spoke with him on the phone about a year ago.

Rexone
03-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by 72 superlite
I believe Rick Williams said the best boat he ever ran was a Sanger!
True dat. My avatar boat. Wish I still had it. :frown:

BILLY.B
03-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
True dat. My avatar boat. Wish I still had it. :frown: Why's that Mike. It would still be sitt'in in the shop while you worked on the catalog....RIGHT ?????:rolleyes: :D

BILLY.B
03-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Why were the chutes armed? Was this the pioneer days for a chute jacket and everyone wore them? Only drag racers use them now, is this correct?. The Blonde Bomber doesnt hook hers up due to the slow "L" boat speed in the corners, I assume this is correct?!
Ps: We use the trunk for beverages dude, for when we get bored of getting our ASS'S handed to us by those nosty "B" boats up here, where you been?!:) The "B" boat owners wore the chute jacket because of there awesome straight away speeds. So I guess the "L" boat owners would'nt know anything about that :D . Unless we want to go back to the NOSTALGIC RECORD BOOKS !!!!:rolleyes: :D

RaysonKid
03-10-2004, 10:30 PM
I thought the two kinds of circle racers were, those who have been wet, and those who will be wet. And Jerk watch your tape with the footage from the boat racers reunion, I believe Rick Williams said the best boat he ever ran was a Sanger! Oh and by the way my boat lives. Been redoing the wiring, previously done by the spaghetti brothers, what a mess! Wired up the new switch panel tonite and couldn't help myself, I had to throw the battery in it and test my work. I did something right it turns over. Been along time since its made any noise.
You did remember to add some oil. Didn't you?
So when do we get to go to American lake and test the new prop?:D :D :D

RaysonKid
03-10-2004, 10:35 PM
This will never get settled.
Since all the Fast B- Boats are in California.
And all the Fast Laveys are here in Washington.
Dam, All those miles in between.
Guess we will never really know.
I can remember a few Sangers that have been tough to beat in the circle wars.
:cool:

BILLY.B
03-10-2004, 11:03 PM
One of my favorite boats was the HOBBIT, K-14. Sanger ,white with purple candy. was always fast and clean.

RaysonKid
03-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Back in the hay day up this way.
There was a guy named Don Dew.
He had a couple of schiadas that kicked ass.
One was named Krazy Kanaka.

CircleJerk
03-10-2004, 11:14 PM
How right you are Mr. Kid! Too many miles.....who will make the first move? especially at $3 gasoline, wonder what the good stuff is up to? Well, I learned about chute jackets tonight... and UCLAhaters name is Jim.......things are looking up!:D

CircleJerk
03-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by RaysonKid
Good News, we have a racer building one with 496 power and its a rare 1976 of witch under 10 were made! He's our 'Got Milk" go to guy. Cant wait.;)

RaysonKid
03-10-2004, 11:35 PM
How right you are Mr. Kid! Too many miles.....who will make the first move? especially at $3 gasoline, wonder what the good stuff is up to? Well, I learned about chute jackets tonight... and UCLAhaters name is Jim.......things are looking up!:D
I am already thinking about that.
What a summer.
Big block pickup
Big block boat.
I am going to have to take out a loan for fuel..
:rolleyes:

boatguy222
03-11-2004, 04:13 AM
Kid,
Do you know the where abouts of Karzy Kanaka? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on it.

72 superlite
03-11-2004, 04:52 AM
Boatguy, a Local Snap ON guy has one of don dues boats, not the orange one, its yellow or white, I can't remember. He (Due) had two that were the same except for the base color (If I remember right). Anyways the one is still in original condition, I'm told. If you want to know more let me know. I can contact a friend who knows the guys name, and he might know a little more about the boat.
Rick

MAXIMUS
03-11-2004, 07:50 AM
I know of one Lavey about to reappear on the scene...:) With a certain special driver to also reappear as well...:D

CircleJerk
03-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Not being one to always spill the beans, but hey, I'm a jerk! Could this be the venomous # 97 light weight of Jeff and Larry Wooten????? Funny though, considering how RARE they are, they just keep generating interest and this is proven by the current ones racing and those coming out of the woodwork! Hey, it could be the trunk full of liquid refreshment! Right Billy 'B-brother'? I love to fling him ___!:)
Why: we have FIVE up here ready to do battle!
When: June 12th at Lake Sammamish (near Issaqua Wa) just before Camp Far West so anyone could make the two dates in a combined trip and then hit Burley on their way home!!!
Grudge Race?: Maybe:wink:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-11-2004, 10:18 AM
This will never get settled.
Since all the Fast B- Boats are in California.
And all the Fast Laveys are here in Washington.
Dam, All those miles in between.
Guess we will never really know.
I can remember a few Sangers that have been tough to beat in the circle wars.
:cool:
The fast Laveys are down here in So. Cal, and up in Utah!
The fast B boats are everywhere...including a few in Washington (ex. The Superstition boat).
As cool as the nostalgia thing is...I doubt any of those Washington nosties could break into the top 5 against (for example) the SS series boats.
1st CJ has to prove he can beat the "B" boats in his back yard (nosties)
2nd He has to prove that he can beat the the fastest "B" boats in Washington.
From there... (NEVER), he will still be a long way from California's best.
Theres nothing to be settled... CJ reminds me of a loud mouth Chiahua barking at a pack of Rottwielers.
Don Due was awesome!:D :D :D

boatguy222
03-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Boatguy, a Local Snap ON guy has one of don dues boats, not the orange one, its yellow or white, I can't remember. He (Due) had two that were the same except for the base color (If I remember right). Anyways the one is still in original condition, I'm told. If you want to know more let me know. I can contact a friend who knows the guys name, and he might know a little more about the boat.
Rick
Rick,
Any idea were the Orange boat is? I never saw the other one run, saw the Orange a Dexter once and Portland once, and maybe at Black lake, there was another Schiada up there that was Driven by Ron Sandborn. ran pretty good in the early K class.
Ya, I would be interested in knowing the details of these boats.
thanks

MAXIMUS
03-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Not being one to always spill the beans, but hey, I'm a jerk! Could this be the venomous # 97 light weight of Jeff and Larry Wooten????? Funny though, considering how RARE they are, they just keep generating interest and this is proven by the current ones racing and those coming out of the woodwork! Hey, it could be the trunk full of liquid refreshment! Right Billy 'B-brother'? I love to fling him ___!:)
When: June 12th at Lake Sammamish (near Issaqua Wa) just before Camp Far West so anyone could make the two dates in a combined trip and then hit Burley on their way home!!!
Yes it is Jeffs boat that will be ready to run this weekend. Now for the million dollar question.... Who is the driver???:cool:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by MAXIMUS
Yes it is Jeffs boat that will be ready to run this weekend. Now for the million dollar question.... Who is the driver???:cool:
I don't know who this mystery driver is but...I sure enjoyed watching Grich race that boat at Long Beach.:cool:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-11-2004, 06:05 PM
CJ,
I discussed the Lavey vs Biesemeyer compairison with Bill Faulkner today.
Bill believes that "right out of the mold", and all boats being of same weight, the Lavey & Barron sprint would out-run the Biesemeyer in the chute!
HOLD ON THERE BOYDLY!!! TAKE A BREATH!!!:D......ok, sit back down.
The narrow transom is definately a speed advantage right out of the mold. I think most of us knew that all ready. This narrow transom is also what makes the Lavey such a handfull and thus a lousy "K" class candidate.
I then asked Bill, if he thought they could up thier current ss kilo record with a lavey, if it was as light as the "Hotter Canary"!?
His answer was NO!
The hull refinements made to the current top running Biesemeyers give them an edge on the old Lavey. He does feel that the potential to refine the Lavey bottom to surpass the modern Biesemeyer is possible.
Out of the mold, the Biesemeyer will "out turn" the lavey enough to still win the race, and at the same time be much easier to drive.
So there you have it CJ!
Now all you have to do is refine the bottom of your Lavey and take over the circle boat world!
When this day comes...I will be in your corner!!:cool:
Until then Jimmy D and "B" boats Rule!:D

uclahater
03-11-2004, 07:18 PM
I have an offer for you CJ:cool: You bring your group of Laveys to Parker on the 17th of April. If any of you place in the top 4 in the superstock class then Ill pay for everyones expense that comes to the race with a lavey from your group:eek: :eek: If you show up and dont place a boat in the top 4 you pay me $500.00:eek:
Its time to put up or shut up CJ:jawdrop:

circleboatKIDD
03-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Ill have the lawn chair ready for this deal, and I know Vdrive Video well have the video ready to rock and roll Uclahater youll be ready for parker

RaysonKid
03-11-2004, 10:21 PM
B boats
L boats
I am going get warmed up with My H boat.
Then build an S boat and come after the B & L boats.
:D ;) :p

BILLY.B
03-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by uclahater
I have an offer for you CJ:cool: You bring your group of Laveys to Parker on the 17th of April. If any of you place in the top 4 in the superstock class then Ill pay for everyones expense that comes to the race with a lavey from your group:eek: :eek: If you show up and dont place a boat in the top 4 you pay me $500.00:eek:
Its time to put up or shut up CJ:jawdrop: Wow Chief. OK Boyd your serve.:D

CircleJerk
03-11-2004, 11:03 PM
AHHHH, gee for one million dollars............Let me think.......I .....I.... better not miss......this..........he probably is a Californian............. and expert L driver..........may be even Laveys test driver from out of the past...........must be likable easy going, also to get along with Jeff.........Ahhh......A real gentleman of the sport.........who fits this equation.......??....OH, ya the living legend! are his initials P.G.? and he builds great super stock motors?! Send me cash please!:D Hey, I like you Maximus

CircleJerk
03-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Hey Jim, Did Matt Dillon ask his deputy (Rufus) and his pals to do his gun fighting for him? Seems like you want your buddies (super stocks) to take care of me and my friends with old boats. We're not that fast or that fancy... but, we do Ok in a small corral!
And besides, the b boat brigade up here will battle for your honor down there as well. The real gun fight is just a few months away and its at Lake Sam near Seattle, why would we go down to Parker when we're still loadin the guns in our neighborhood? Is your boat ready to challenge me personally?
:)

CircleJerk
03-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
CJ:cool:
Until then Jimmy D and "B" boats Rule!:D
Who's this Jimmey D? Does he make sausage? dRoyljErk:) :)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-12-2004, 12:01 AM
Jimmy D AKA Jim Davis is your best friend!! Its no wonder you have such a hard time...you can't even remember who your best friend is!:p
CJ,
Show up to Burley on friday. Well have all contestants for the grudge race run against the clock. I don't think you actually want to race the UCLAHATER. He doesn't play fair!!!:eek!:
The great flatbottom circle boat challenge!!
$500.00 entry fee
No rules!!!
Any flattbottom hull!
One lap around the island!
Fastest time wins!!
Winner take all!!!
My moneys on Gordy (after I talk him into bringing up "Freedom")!

CircleJerk
03-12-2004, 12:05 AM
:) :D :D :D :D Get real Matt Dillon, (Gunsmoke TV show guy)
AND Jerry asks his friends to do the shooting also! I have the cash to run your Hondo circle boat and you have a bigger motor (probably borrowed from you SS friends) Nostalgia against Nostalgia! My 396 'L fighter' against your boat at Burley, one lap, GN start, winner buys beverages (got that covered) What do ya say? H-dog boat vs L-lady (with skinny butt)? I'll bet there would be interested spectators for this one. Even Circle boat kidd in his inflatable lawn chair with the cup holders! Picture that:D

MAXIMUS
03-12-2004, 07:19 AM
AHHHH, gee for one million dollars............Let me think.......I .....I.... better not miss......this..........he probably is a Californian............. and expert L driver..........may be even Laveys test driver from out of the past...........must be likable easy going, also to get along with Jeff.........Ahhh......A real gentleman of the sport.........who fits this equation.......??....OH, ya the living legend! are his initials P.G.? and he builds great super stock motors?! Send me cash please!:D Hey, I like you Maximus
You cheated!!!
I'll have to make payments...

superdave013
03-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
Wow Chief. OK Boyd your serve.:D
Looks like Boyd has served back very well.
Looks like he turned it from a "my friend has a faster boat then you" to a "I have the cash to run YOUR Hondo circle boat"
Ok, VDV, it's now your move.
Billy, pass the popcorn please. :cool:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-12-2004, 09:24 AM
sTirNthePoTjErK:D Want a great nostalgic winner? Get a Lavey! Everyone has a 'B-Boat'!:)
CJ,
You came on here to stir the pot! (See above quote)
You specifically addressed the "B Boat Brothers"!
I think this refers to anyone with a "B" boat!?? Well your call has been answered. Turn off the "selective reading" option in your head and face your own music!
CJ, if you want to race my Hondo, come on down!!!
I can't see towing 11 hours to Burley (at $2.39 cents a gallon by then) just for beverages! :rolleyes:
Keep barking chihuahua!!!

126driver
03-12-2004, 10:12 AM
This thread is the real circle jerk. Mental masturbation. It ain't never gonna happen. The nosties guys will never make the tow south, and the ss guys aren't gonna run for just "beverages." Nosties, while cool, = big fish in a small Washington pond. :D Sorry Jerk, I call it like I see it. ;) If the L boats are the shiznit, where are they in the SS wars? Exactly.

LeE ss13
03-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Talked to Jeff this morning. The rumors are true. PG will be driving Jeff's old Lavey in the Nostalgic class at Parker AZ in April. That's great! Looking forward to seeing Paul behind the wheel again. He helped us a lot when we first started out.
Anyway when we first met Jeff the boat was ss18. Then when he was out for awhile, someone else got that number so he got ss97. I'm told the boat is now ss15 for the Parker Race.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/308hr_Me_Jeff-med.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-12-2004, 12:12 PM
It's sounds like Paul has recovered!:cool:
As competitive as Paul has allways been, I can't imagine him racing with a speed limit!
Hey CJ, imagine Paul racing George..."B" vs. "L" on your short course!
That would be really cool!!:cool:

uclahater
03-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Hey Jim, Did Matt Dillon ask his deputy (Rufus) and his pals to do his gun fighting for him? Seems like you want your buddies (super stocks) to take care of me and my friends with old boats. We're not that fast or that fancy... but, we do Ok in a small corral!
And besides, the b boat brigade up here will battle for your honor down there as well. The real gun fight is just a few months away and its at Lake Sam near Seattle, why would we go down to Parker when we're still loadin the guns in our neighborhood? Is your boat ready to challenge me personally?
:)
The boat is getting closer and closer:D I knew you would back out of the challenge:rolleyes: and my boat is a 79 so thats out of your date range. Your all talk CJ thats all you've ever been:rolleyes: Note you've been officially called out with a great offer, Your hole trip would have been free if your great Lavey would have come in 4th or better, but you know your lunch would be handed to ya:eek: As for me I wont be racing until after 2 surgeries 1 on the knee and 1 on the back, But I would be more than willing to put a driver in my boat to take your ass down:D

MAXIMUS
03-12-2004, 03:15 PM
The boat is getting closer and closer:D I knew you would back out of the challenge:rolleyes: and my boat is a 79 so thats out of your date range. Your all talk CJ thats all you've ever been:rolleyes: Note you've been officially called out with a great offer, Your hole trip would have been free if your great Lavey would have come in 4th or better, but you know your lunch would be handed to ya:eek: As for me I wont be racing until after 2 surgeries 1 on the knee and 1 on the back, But I would be more than willing to put a driver in my boat to take your ass down:D
Kinda funny how every time your sorry pie hole appears its always got shit flowing out of it? lol...

MAXIMUS
03-12-2004, 03:17 PM
As competitive as Paul has allways been, I can't imagine him racing with a speed limit!
For Grich!

boatguy222
03-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Jerry
Rumor had it that George found a "L" boat this winter and has switched camps.:eek: ;)

uclahater
03-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Kinda funny how every time your sorry pie hole appears its always got shit flowing out of it? lol...
Talking about the pot calling the pettal black:confused:

uclahater
03-12-2004, 04:22 PM
For Grich!
I think it would be cool for everybody, I miss his next to the shore straights with his streight across the bouy turns.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by boatguy222
Jerry
Rumor had it that George found a "L" boat this winter and has switched camps.:eek: ;)
Maybe he was going too fast and wanted to slow down to CJ's speed!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Gluteus Maximus, dont choke on all that hater-aide...
...are you representing something here??
Are you Grich's messenger??
I know Jeff represents himself on the boards.
Please share with us your view of the topic at hand.:rolleyes:

126driver
03-12-2004, 05:56 PM
But I would be more than willing to put a driver in my boat to take your ass down:D
Hello! I might not be bringing a knife to the fight. :D

RaysonKid
03-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by boatguy222
Jerry
Funny this should come up.
I was at Moses Lake last summer for the last Nosti race.
Got a chance to talk with George while at the dock. Waiting for his heat.
I was asking him about differances between the B-boat and the Laveys.
His reply was that it was all about the power, gears and prop. (basic setup).
And that he could do just as well driving a Lavey.
He had raced them before and felt they can run with the B-boats.
Also watching him in morning practice was awesome.
Its amazing what a veteran can do with one of those boats.
So sweet, So smooth..:)

uclahater
03-12-2004, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 126driver
Hello! I might not be bringing a knife to the fight. :D [1
/QUOTE]
I would hope not, Why would you bring a knife to a gun fight

uclahater
03-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by circleboatKIDD
Ill have the lawn chair ready for this deal, and I know Vdrive Video well have the video ready to rock and roll Uclahater youll be ready for parker
I doubt it weve had some set backs with some parts! Billy B and wsuwurhr Brian is about the only dependable guys so far. Its all in Billys hands now. I dont want anything rushed at the risk of something being done wrong. Trust me on 1 thing when its done its going to be BITCHEN

CircleJerk
03-12-2004, 11:53 PM
NEWS FLASH, George is one of us! NO 'b' boat anymore, he has a Lavey!:)

CircleJerk
03-13-2004, 12:23 AM
CJ,
You came on here to stir the pot! (See above quote)
You specifically addressed the "B Boat Brothers"!
I think this refers to anyone with a "B" boat!?? Well your call has been answered. Turn off the "selective reading" option in your head and face your own music!
CJ, if you want to race my Hondo, come on down!!!
I can't see towing 11 hours to Burley (at $2.39 cents a gallon by then) just for beverages! :rolleyes:
Keep barking chihuahua!!!
No, not for beverages, CASH. Dear Jerry, By 'b' brothers, I was referring to Billy and you! Sorry you wouldnt know cause I had written it in fun on the video I sent him (Billy). I wasnt trying to challenge anyone just presenting the news from 1974. I wanted you two to add to the news and you certainly did!
I know my boats and current power is no match for any current super stock but your Calif. nosty class might be surprised and enjoy the race we can give them. That is what I would like to develop: A possible North South Nosty Challenge. Or a race with you, think of the video potential, in boat camera, and I am ready to put up my money, so Jim, I am not backing down. Hey Burley is 11 hour tow for me too. Like I said, lets discuss it further, I'm sure we could find some sponsors right here to put this to rest once and for all. dErJeRkizoiD vs TacoBellJerr or TazU.c.L.A.spiNr :)

CircleJerk
03-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Cool, I know the feeling after thrashing and mashing fingers, just the sound of something working right does wonders for the attitude, usually quite foggy and tired. I have deep respect for Sangers, just look at all them racing with us, Robbies only ran 1 mph slower than George and faster than I, and drag runner bottoms arent supposed to turn! My hats off to you, that's a beautiful boat and I hope you get much enjoyment from it, maybe even a family reunion or two. Have you heard from Dad coming to Sam?:)

CircleJerk
03-13-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by LeE ss13
Talked to Jeff this morning. The rumors are true. PG will be driving Jeff's old Lavey in the Nostalgic class at Parker AZ in April. That's great! Looking forward to seeing Paul behind the wheel again. He helped us a lot when we first started out.
Anyway when we first met Jeff the boat was ss18. Then when he was out for awhile, someone else got that number so he got ss97. I'm told the boat is now ss15 for the Parker Race.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/308hr_Me_Jeff-med.jpg
Thanks for this great shot, Thanks to Jerr, I saw some laps #97-18 made at L.B. and it hauled! It does appear in the video like the deck is made paper thin. you could see it flex all the way down the chute. Someone stated it has no bulkhead. How did it run next to you? jErk would love to know the set up!:D

CircleJerk
03-13-2004, 12:57 AM
and my boat is a 79 so thats out of your date range. Your all talk CJ thats all you've ever been:rolleyes: N
You're the second this week to get this wrong! There is NO age limit on our class. EAch is timed in for proper class placement. A 2004 boat could run! Super Dave, look up the meaning of Nostalgic. Heck, you could say I am nostalgic about the lunch I had yesterday. We want everyone to be able to run what they brung! It's impossible to prove every boats age especially the older ones. The only class you couldnt run in is the new Vintage Nostalgia class where the newest is a 1965. I need a vacation!
Hope the surgery comes out OK, I just had knee surgery also and a fused back cusses at me every day!
Me TAlk ? I do spend too much time here, Goodbye:D

MAXIMUS
03-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Gluteus Maximus, dont choke on all that hater-aide...
...are you representing something here??
Are you Grich's messenger??
I know Jeff represents himself on the boards.
Please share with us your view of the topic at hand.:rolleyes:
Grich really dosen't need a messenger... I am however helping to bring this boat back to life! I saw the Lavey post & thought I would share the current info. The boat was fired yesterday afternoon & is ready to hit the water for some mild testing! The current condition is actually very impressive. We will be in parker for the april race at Blue water. If anybody would like to stop by & introduce themselves I would be honored!

MAXIMUS
03-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Thanks for this great shot, Thanks to Jerr, I saw some laps #97-18 made at L.B. and it hauled! It does appear in the video like the deck is made paper thin. you could see it flex all the way down the chute. Someone stated it has no bulkhead. How did it run next to you? jErk would love to know the set up!:D
This boat is a tank! It is in my garage & I can tell you that even after Jeff removed as much of the hull as possible it is still stout. There is a bulk head & the deck is still strong enough to walk on! Grich did comment that it was a very fast hull if handled by the right driver! I think it will be great for this nostalga deal & will help stimulate the effort! Jeff should be commended for financing the program, Grich donated a "mild" 427 for it & I along with a good friend of mine John Raptis & 2 gurus from lockheed are doing the grunt work! It will be good for Grich to get his feet wet again... He is too young to hang up such a colorfull career!

MAXIMUS
03-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Talking about the pot calling the pettal black:confused:
Who me??? lol
P.S. I think Pettal should be Kettle... just trying to help out!

Dave Sammons
04-09-2004, 05:29 PM
I then asked Bill, if he thought they could up thier current ss kilo record with a lavey, if it was as light as the "Hotter Canary"!?
His answer was NO! (per v-drive video post)
Sorry I'm late with this....Don't want to stir up the pot again, and remember I'm a B boat owner, you can't deny the fact that the Lavey's had their day in inboard circle racing. As far as their ability in the kilos, 124+ one way, with a two way average of 120.422 with 396 and 1974 technology! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/151743SWEET-med.jpg
You gotta give Gordy and that crew their props!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517Gordy_sweet.jpg

Dave Sammons
04-09-2004, 05:40 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/151743Justice_2-med.jpg
It's great to hear Grich is doing well. Haven't seen him him in a while. It'll be great to see him back in a boat at Parker. Gotta guy here in town that bought the Gone Broke boat. He used it for Ski Racing, unfortunately he flipped it and destroyed it. The only fiberglass piece left is the rear hatch with the name lettered on it. He still has most of the running gear, including the motor. I saw it on an engine cart in the back of his shop this past weekend. When he bought the boat, he freshened it and put it away. It hasn't been run in almost 30 years! He told me if I wanted to go through it, he'd love to see it back out on a racecourse. Might be a fun way to spend a weekend!

Dave Sammons
04-09-2004, 05:42 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517Grich.jpg
Here's one more for you Lavey guys!

CircleJerk
04-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Dave, great story and I hear that Paul just completed successful testing of a Lavey and will be at Parker.
This motor and hatch is just what is needed to put an old boat together. Harlan Orrin of Orrin Boats has a 1974 Lavey missing the trunk and hardware. It has history: Don Smelling from Phoenix owned and drove it. Cant remember the name of the boat but I am surprised I knew his name. It is for sale cheap! Harlan offered to fix the bottom and with your hardware you could be on your way to a historical restoration!!
I wish I could post the clippings I have of George Nordling who was recently featured in the May Hot Boat issue. Way to go G.N. and it is a priviledge and honor to have you leading the Nosty pack! Wish we had more veterans joining in the fun! Maybe this great exposure will help spread the word, thanks Kevin Spacie.:wink:

CircleJerk
04-09-2004, 08:15 PM
His answer was NO! (per v-drive video post)
Sorry I'm late with this....Don't want to stir up the pot again, and remember I'm a B boat owner, you can't deny the fact that the Lavey's had their day in inboard circle racing. As far as their ability in the kilos, 124+ one way, with a two way average of 120.422 with 396 and 1974 technology! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/151743SWEET-med.jpg
You gotta give Gordy and that crew their props!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517Gordy_sweet.jpg
Dave: Great info, I have spoken to a real legend of circle racing and I have to believe him since he has every record and attempted record and all time trials still in writen form including this event. This particular weeks record run is very suspicious to say the least. They went from a 110 and change to an improved 111 or 112 and the very next run hit that 124! It is quite unbelievable unless maybe some N2O was injected out of sight. Did I say that? I may have mph figures a bit inaccurate but the wide gap in speed isnt. Maybe someone can elaborate.
I am just a student of race boat history. In addition another witness of the event stated that very same boat had run a 120 and change elsewhere and it was considered a fluke and not recorded. So what can we conclude? Was a timing error made twice in the same year to the same boat, or did the flat just plain rip a big one??? I DONT KNOW. But it sure is interesting to an L boat owner!:cool:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Boydly,
Since I'm going to be off the boards for at least a week, this would be a good time to post Lavey stuff without me posting back that Biesemeyers are faster!:p :D :D :D LOL