PDA

View Full Version : your camping experience is needed

a catered life
03-29-2006, 09:58 AM
we have 6-7 days off and want to hit up some new spots we have never been too... we want to tent camp and some boating.... we want to go near mead but are not sure of the best tent camping and launch spots....
here are some of the choices: boulder beach, callville bay, cottonwood cove, and echo bay
what are your comments good or bad any info would help :p

Daytona100
03-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Sounds a little Brokeback mtn to me. :cool:

a catered life
03-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Sounds a little Brokeback mtn to me. :cool:
lmao if we find the right spot there will be a lot of brokeback mtn :p

NautiTwins
03-29-2006, 10:19 AM
we have 6-7 days off and want to hit up some new spots we have never been too... we want to tent camp and some boating.... we want to go near mead but are not sure of the best tent camping and launch spots....
here are some of the choices: boulder beach, callville bay, cottonwood cove, and echo bay
what are your comments good or bad any info would help :p
We launched at Callville Bay went out about to just before the narrows and found a day beach. We did this for about 10 years! Packed all the stuff in the boat and headed out. GREAT TIMES FOR SURE! I can not remember the cove we stayed in. For some reason Rotary Cove keeps coming to mind. There is also wishing well. But I have not been there in so long. Have a good time.

Throttle
03-29-2006, 10:19 AM
are you gonna camp and then go boating or are you wanting to use the boat to find a campside on the water someplace?

a catered life
03-29-2006, 10:50 AM
we want a camp site somewhere and then do some boating all day we want to be some where close or semi close to a ramp since i generally boat morning to noon and then again 3-6 :p

MagicMtnDan
03-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Pyramid Lake :rolleyes:

a catered life
03-29-2006, 11:16 AM
thanks mmd :yuk: theres nothing like camping out 30 minutes from my house

mmered8299
03-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Shoot for Echo Bay. They have a lower and upper camp sites. Nice and Quite. Better than that, load up the boat with all your gear, launch out of Echo, and go across the lake and find a nice beach to set up your camp site.

a catered life
03-29-2006, 01:04 PM
thanks for the info mm :p

BADBLOWN572
03-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Camping at Cottonwood is not too bad. I have done a tent there a couple of times. There are 4 coves within 1/2 a mile from Cottonwood and trails that are easy to go on. We would typically launch our boats and leave them in the courtesy dock overnight. If you camp in one of the four coves, you can easily walk to Cottonwood and to your boat. Close enough for access, but far enough away not to be bothered.

SOMEBEACH
03-29-2006, 01:15 PM
We have camped at cottonwood cove numerous times, both at the marina campground and out out in the coves. At the campground you can park your truck and boat right at your site, which is only a couple hundred of yards from the launchramp(lower campground). They also have a restaraunt, store, bathrooms and showers. We've always really enjoyed it!!

a catered life
03-29-2006, 01:22 PM
cottonwood seems to be the spot for us to focus on. thanks guys for the info

Mrs.HLB
03-29-2006, 02:09 PM
We have camped at Calville Bay. It was really nice & clean. The marina was close to the camp also. I don't know the name of the cove we went to but it was beautiful! I am sure whatever you do it will be great. Spending time with the family is what matters... :)
Don't forget to post pics when you come back!!
Mrs.HLB

UncleLarry
03-29-2006, 02:41 PM
East side of lake mead...
A small cute town called meadville.....camping is near temple bar.
out in the middle of now where.. not far from the west grand canyon...
heres a map might help...
Lake Mead (http://www.411havasu.com/lake mead.pdf)
Enjoy...

a catered life
03-29-2006, 03:39 PM
now thats one hell of a board member he brings maps thanks a lot and great map :p

a catered life
03-29-2006, 03:39 PM
We have camped at Calville Bay. It was really nice & clean. The marina was close to the camp also. I don't know the name of the cove we went to but it was beautiful! I am sure whatever you do it will be great. Spending time with the family is what matters... :)
Don't forget to post pics when you come back!!
Mrs.HLB
your right and lotsa pictures to follow :p

JetBoatRich
03-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Ditch the tent is my first idea :cool:

a catered life
03-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Ditch the tent is my first idea :cool:
ouch jbr not all of us can afford the nicer things in life before we get old and besides my tent is equipped with all the latest toys including it own dump station....man those 20 bottles sure fill up fast :p

SummerBreeze
03-30-2006, 08:07 AM
I have been to lake Mead a few times and camped. Bring extra gas. fire wood if you go in the spring expect to find yourself in some windy conditions. But you can always find some coves to get in out of the wind. I would launch at Temple Bar. It's a great place to boat camp. Good luck

ThongMagnet
03-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Temple bar or Cottonwood. With Cottonwood your close to laughlin, and if your going to be there longer than a weekend, the rooms in laughlin are usually below $39 a night, and sometimes $19 a night (sunday-thursday).
Temple bar is like Cottonwood Cove

maxwedge
03-30-2006, 12:16 PM
See "Maxwedges' Lake Mead camping guide" post. :D

a catered life
03-30-2006, 01:16 PM
See "Maxwedges' Lake Mead camping guide" post. :D
i read it and now i am 100% scared shitless of camping at mead but atleast i got a good laugh :p