PDA

View Full Version : The power of bartering! FREE SPAM:D

Hotcrusader76
03-10-2004, 12:26 AM
You know it really rattles my brain to think that bartering has gone way side from this modern day of Ebay Ads, specialty forums, and collective interest events. The reason I bring this up is because recently I took possesion of a 1972 Chevelle (rust bucket/door slammer core) that apparently is "all original" and it's been quite the parts picker for many of my close friends.
When I say "All original" I mean it has everything all the way down to the original window sticker (folded up in the glove box), original owners bleeding signature on the sales form...hell....it might as well had a stock untouched 350 V-8....and it does!!!
Well since it's arrival to the shop it's been a meal for the gearhead vultures that have stopped by now and then...bartering away with this and that.
So far the original 2V-intake was traded to a desparate circle track racer for a cracked 9" Ford rearend which when narrowed for the 33" meats will be brand new again. Not bad!
Sold the complete AC system on Ebay to some poor soul in Florida, the original Rochester is gone and enroute to Michigan....and the cracked radiator quickly dissapeared from the shop dumpster outside within an hour of leaving my shop for the day:D LMAO
Everyone seems to be really stoked over this chevy POS.:D Even got rid of the power steering system for a manual set-up and new steering column (oh yeah....the car didn't come with a steering wheel, must be a chevy thing :D)
So....with this long winded brain teaser off my chest....let's have it!!!
Let the bartering begin! What parts ya got laying around to trade...Not for my Chevelle but among fellow board members here as well.
::::::sure hope I don't get moderated for this:D::::::

Hotcrusader76
03-10-2004, 01:01 AM
BTW...
I'm looking for these items in the near future for this project:
-powerglide core
-another BBF block:D
-ring and pinion
-33X15 slicks (soft D4/D5 rated, used is ok)
That's it for now
The Chevelle still has the 350 long block (gm #333882 heads) installed, all the brakes, 10 bolt rearend, automatic tranny, and driveshaft...

Blown 472
03-10-2004, 09:06 AM
I got a brand new pair of roller skates.

LakesOnly
03-10-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Hotcrusader76
BTW...
I'm looking for these item(s) in the near future for this (Chevelle) project:
-another BBF block:D
Ty,
Are yo going to do to that Chevelle what I think you're going to do??? If I am correct, then I may have something for you...:D
LO

Hotcrusader76
03-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Yupp....only you can understand my misery Paul:D....
Blown472...
Are the roller bearings still good on those skates? Make an offer:D

Liberator TJ1984
03-10-2004, 01:10 PM
and I got a brand new Key:wink:

Hotcrusader76
03-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Liberator TJ1984...
Where do you boat in Texas?
~Ty

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Ty I have a BBF 429
block(std)
crank(std) i think..
D00Er rods(born with scj rods, supposely the strongest stock rods)
origional std pistons
harmonic balancer
flywheel
oil pan (8qt i think)
timing cover
stock intake
let me know brotha;) I need a carb or if I buy a cheap on off ebay, i need it worked;) holla atch ya brotha;)
mrfierman78@hotmail.com

OkieDave
03-11-2004, 07:24 AM
Just what I like to hear. I have often thought how fun it would be to buy an old Vette and stuff a stroked 460 in it just because I'm tired of going to cruises and everything you see has a chivvy in it.

Hotcrusader76
03-11-2004, 11:52 AM
The only reason I'm using a chevy fender vice a Ford is because I don't get bloody knuckles and scrapped up arms from changing spark plugs on a BBF in a fox bodied car.:D
Good enough reason.....or is it the sleeper approach:D

03-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by okiedave
Just what I like to hear. I have often thought how fun it would be to buy an old Vette and stuff a stroked 460 in it just because I'm tired of going to cruises and everything you see has a chivvy in it. Its funny as hell to watch the Chevy guys freak out when they see their temples of worship defiled with something other than a Cheeby sitting in the engine bay. Some get hostile others break down in tears and a few walk away mumbling to themselfs. :D Ty, do the best thing you could do for that Chiiivy and drop a Ford in it.:D

Hotcrusader76
03-11-2004, 05:22 PM
058....it's in process...:D

Jet City
03-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Hotcrusader76
058....it's in process...:D
That does sound downright interesting.

Hotcrusader76
03-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Matter of fact....I've considered bolting it together and running her hard to see how fast I can twist the driveshaft or even to see how long it takes to smoke check the 10 bolt rearend:D
I do have to admit....LakesOnly is too blame for all this energy:D
Another piculiar thing is, I've always been a Ford guy. Anyone whose been to my shop has noticed the atmosphere of the blue oval. Hell my Mom was on the cover of a magazine riding her horse next to the 1994 Debut of the Convertiable Mustang GT. See...it's been in the blood and family. Sometimes I wonder if this is why I painted my belated BBC Candy blue (which has been sold to Fred, a client of Walts Jetboat Performance)....
http://www.tpcracing.com/images/service-coatingpolish_225.jpg
I can't count how many times Froggystyle has given me shit for my passion. I think at one point I wired my BBC with a BBF firing order and set cylinder 2 at TDC :D...aaahhh hell...who cares...gotta love Ford......at least they're not selling there factory muscle cars for ground effect laden front wheel drives:D