PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Colors

Danhercules
03-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Heres a pic of the Interior. I am having it done right now.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763side2after.JPG
I want keep the brown to keep it looking orignal.
Now the questions.
How do you think it would look with yellow piping?
Or yellow diamond tuck and keep the top of the seats brown? _
Any other suggestions?
One more thing, The yellow on tht boat is in great shape. Its bright!
THis is a JETBOAT!! :D

AZKC
03-10-2004, 07:37 AM
What about a two tone brown maybe a lighter color insert. I redid my diamond tuck to a tuck and roll. Some guys are using cloth/twead to save the buns from the sun. So many options and opinions:rolleyes:

cyclone
03-10-2004, 08:57 AM
i think it'll look good once its on the water and you're roosting down the river no matter what you choose. :)

FryJet
03-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Go with a different color beading, it will break up the colors. My old boat had a small orange stripe between the white and brown so I went with orange piping on the seats and I think it worked out great. Here is a pic, I kind of miss it now.
F.J.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954P1010079-med.JPG

Danhercules
03-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Ok. I am gettin some idea.
What about a brown on the diamon tuck, a lighter brown on the top, and yellow piping?
Am I on crack here, or will that look good?

HalletDave
03-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Danhercules
What about a brown on the diamon tuck, a lighter brown on the top, and yellow piping?
YES!:D
I say go for it.;)

victorfb
03-10-2004, 10:36 AM
id say you do the opposite. lighter brown diamond, with brown top section, and red piping to match the colors of the hull.

Hustler
03-10-2004, 10:41 AM
I say do away with the diamond tuck and go with colors you know you already want:D

miller19j
03-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Heres a pic of the Interior. I am having it done right now.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763side2after.JPG
I want keep the brown to keep it looking orignal.
Now the questions.
How do you think it would look with yellow piping?
Or yellow diamond tuck and keep the top of the seats brown? _
Any other suggestions?
One more thing, The yellow on tht boat is in great shape. Its bright!
THis is a JETBOAT!! :D
Is that a Miller Trailer?

Danhercules
03-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Miller19j, Good eyes, It is. I love it. It floats. Easy to launch!!!
Vic, I like your idea of swaping the colors.
Huster, I like the original look of the diamond tuck. So sorry, Its gonna stay.

FryJet
03-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Well...................I personally think you're trying to get a little too creative with your colors. Picking the right brown is hard enough to do and look good with the color schemes on these older boats. I played hell trying to get a color that wasnt too dark or too light and it still wasnt quite right. I would go with a single color with straight pleats and yellow piping but thats me, do whatever makes you happy because its your boat. ;)
F.J.

miller19j
03-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Miller19j, Good eyes, It is. I love it. It floats. Easy to launch!!!
Aren’t they cool! They take a little getting used to at first but they are really cool once you get into the groove.
Nice boat by the way. :)

MudPumper
03-10-2004, 03:16 PM
I don't know about yellow piping. I think it will contrast the brown too much. If you want a different color piping, maybe try to match the red pinstripe on the boat. I think the yellow will stand out too much. Just my .02.
Hey DH, I tried that Southwind website you PM'd me but couldn't find it????

Danhercules
03-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Its www.southwindjetboats.com
Its been down all day. But it will be back up.

HotHallet
03-10-2004, 04:17 PM
I vote for the tuck 'n' roll. Your color combo sounds cool though. My interior is in such good shape I can't see replacing it yet but I know in a few years it will be time.

moneysucker
03-10-2004, 09:36 PM
DH why isn't your boat on the southwind site? I went there and found mine and my brother's on there I think they came from here. Petrofied got upset and sent his in and got on. They seem really cool. I am trying to get them to make some new hulls, Tunnels of course. I think you will be looking good with what ever you choose but I would go with the red piping and red thread (updated but not overstated) still retaining the old school look.
Cy

Danhercules
03-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by moneysucker
DH why isn't your boat on the southwind site? I went there and found mine and my brother's on there I think they came from here. Petrofied got upset and sent his in and got on. They seem really cool. I am trying to get them to make some new hulls, Tunnels of course. I think you will be looking good with what ever you choose but I would go with the red piping and red thread (updated but not overstated) still retaining the old school look.
Cy
Thats what I am leaning to.
My boat was boat of the month. The site crashed and was down day, now its gone!!!:(

Sleek26
03-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
Aren’t they cool! They take a little getting used to at first but they are really cool once you get into the groove.
Nice boat by the way. :)
If the trailer floats how do you keep it straight, long enough to load or unload, when there is a current?? It sounds like it would be very cool.

moneysucker
03-10-2004, 09:55 PM
E-mail some Pix and they will put them up. They said any pix or video are appreciated. Petrofied's was up the next day.

Nucking futs
03-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Send in a pic or vid of your boat and we will post it.We are cool people over here.Sorry for the down time we were setting up the sprint car web site but we up agian.

LakesOnly
03-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Jezuz Hercules, looks like you little engine project turned into a complete boat resto over the winter...:eek:
LO

Danhercules
03-11-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by LakesOnly
Jezuz Hercules, looks like you little engine project turned into a complete boat resto over the winter...:eek:
LO
You noticed. I told myself, "Self,dont let this happen!!!"
Looks like I lied to myself.
"Damn you Dan, Your stupid!!"
HEHEH But I will have a nice boat when I am done!!!!!!
Did I mention , the new headers, new gauges and new carpet and new tank mounts?
So Lakes, No input on the colors?
Right now I am likeing the All brown with the diamond tuck and red/orange piping.