been randomly chosen for verification. This is
requested to us to verify that you are the real
owner of this account. All you need to do is to
click on the link below. You will see a verification
page. Please complete all fields that you will see
and submit the form. You will be redirected to Wells
Fargo home page after verification. Please note that if
you don't verify your ownership of account in 24 hours we
will block it to protect your money. Thank you.
http://www.wellsfargo.com/verify/
What a crock of sh*t. :mad:

572Daytona
03-10-2004, 08:54 AM
so what site did the url really go to? You should be able to right click on it and check the properties. You've got to love the internet, it's a scam a minute.

Jordy
03-10-2004, 08:54 AM
I stopped banking with Wells Fargo 2 years ago because they were a bunch of retards. Closed my account and I still get a statment every month to let me know that my checking account has a starting balance of $0.00, and ending balance of $0.00 and an average daily balance of $0.00. Glad they are on top of things over there. I've called them about it and they said there is nothing they can do to stop the statements from coming without me going down to the branch and spending some time to investigate why I am still getting statements. Oh well, they can keep sending them to me because I'm not wasting my time to tell them how to run their bank. ;) :D

HighRoller
03-10-2004, 11:18 AM
This is what's commonly known as a "phishing" scam. It's very common with users of Ebay and other sites where you have to submit either a credit card or Bank account info to be "verified". The last one I heard of asked the user for checking account number, bank routing number(?), cedit card number and even the PIN NUMBER for the card. Report any such fake emails to the company they claim to be immediately. Of course, since Wells Fargo has the worst customer service by a mile(in several surveys)it's unlikely they'll do anything.

HOSS
03-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Screw banks,,,I use mason jars.