PDA

View Full Version : Kerry zigs, he zags he...what the hell IS he doing?

HighRoller
03-10-2004, 04:58 PM
In yet ANOTHER flip-flop, John Kerry released his latest stance on taxes. Remember, he's against raising taxes but wants to reverse the Bush tax cuts. That's a net tax increase, by the way. Now, he says he wants to cut taxes for the middle class...but wait, he said tax cuts are bad, didn't he? He wants people who make over $200,000 a year to pay their"fair share". Really? The top 5% of wage earners, which is everybody over $128,000 a year, pay 52% of the taxes already. So what's a fair share? Is he for tax cuts or against them? Last week he accused Bush of "dividing" the nation, but what the hell is he doing by discriminating against people based on their income? And as far as the middle class tax cut, I clearly remember it was at this time in 1992 that one William Jefferson Clinton(D) made middle class tax cuts the cornerstone of his campaign. Strangely, instead of a tax cut, the middle class, as well as the rest of us, got saddled with THE LARGEST TAX INCREASE IN AMERICAN HISTORY!!! Then Kerry has the balls to call Republicans "crooked liars". Please, John. All of you in Washington are crooked liars, including yourself. Don't try to put deodorant on the bullshit and call it a breath mint!!!

CA Stu
03-10-2004, 07:24 PM
I heard Bill Clinton might run with Kerry. That would suck, because that ticket would beat Bush and Cheney, I'll bet.
They wouldn't get my vote, I strictly vote my wallet and therefore vote Republican.
I don't get any money from any government agencies, I have to vote Republican.
Has anyone listened to Howard Stern lately? He's convinced Bush is trying to get him off the radio through his friendship with the owners of Clearchannel broadcasting, and is using his show as an anti-Bush forum. Which kinda sucks.
Thanks
CA Stu

SoCalOffshore
03-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Howard Stern is a self important looser in my opinion. I can only listen to him for 5 minutes. Within that 5 minutes he has said 10 times how he is the most important and biggest radio/entertainment person in history and everyone else sucks. I would love to see a looser like him get a real job and a f*cking haircut!!:mad: Now I feel better. Oh yeah, Kerry sucks!

HighRoller
03-11-2004, 12:31 AM
Don't forget in that 5 minutes he's also asked every female in sight if she does anal and has she ever done a chick before. That dude is so pitifully insecure it makes me laugh. He even has the sound of his voice amplified and deepened so he sounds like a REAL man. Listen sometime when he uses a microphone on the street. He sounds like a 10 year old boy!!!

Essex502
03-11-2004, 06:35 AM
What's Kerry doing? Leading GW in the polls. Not that I would vote for the fool but he's doing something right so far and GW better get his act together or he's going out like his daddy.

HavasuDreamin'
03-11-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Don't try to put deodorant on the bullshit and call it a breath mint!!!
LOL.........now that is funny! :D :D Never heard that before. ;)

MagicMtnDan
03-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Essex502
What's Kerry doing? Leading GW in the polls. Not that I would vote for the fool but he's doing something right so far and GW better get his act together or he's going out like his daddy.
It's not what he's doing right, it's what GW is doing wrong. The campaign is headed in the wrong direction already and it doesn't look like anyone sees it. Hard to believe that they didn't learn any lessons from the past (from his dad). Bush needs to come out swinging and keep pounding Kerry with his (Kerry's) record.
It's not that Kerry's a great candidate. He's not. It's not that Kerry has a senatorial record he can be proud of. He doesn't. It's just that so many people hate George Bush that Jean Bertrand Aristede (former leader of Haiti) could give Bush a run for his money in the election.
By the way, one of the Clintons could be his running mate! Look for Kerry to announce Hilllary as his VP candidate. That will make that ticket the most liberal and dangerous presidential ticket in US history. :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

syke-o
03-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
Howard Stern is a self important looser in my opinion. I can only listen to him for 5 minutes. Within that 5 minutes he has said 10 times how he is the most important and biggest radio/entertainment person in history and everyone else sucks. I would love to see a looser like him get a real job and a f*cking haircut!!:mad: Now I feel better. Oh yeah, Kerry sucks!
it is great that you might not like him, but there are millions of others that do like his type of entertainment(me included) and feel that if someonedoesnt like it then turn it off!!! or change the station.... it is what makes free speech what it is.... whether you like or not shouldnt be the issue, it is about free speech...
now let me come off the soapbox....

bigq
03-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by syke-o
it is great that you might not like him, but there are millions of others that do like his type of entertainment(me included) and feel that if someonedoesnt like it then turn it off!!! or change the station.... it is what makes free speech what it is.... whether you like or not shouldnt be the issue, it is about free speech...
now let me come off the soapbox....
I agree, but to say Bush is coming after him:rolleyes:. The guy is a radio host that I would guess a majority of his listners don't care who is president. Why would Bush care or waste his time on something so trivial as howard Stern, I think Bush has more to worry about.

syke-o
03-11-2004, 09:38 AM
ya i dont think Bush is coming after him so much as maybe people in his campaign are trying to set an example by using him as an excuse to clean up the airwaves and get some votes..... just my .02....

Essex502
03-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
It's not what he's doing right, it's what GW is doing wrong. The campaign is headed in the wrong direction already and it doesn't look like anyone sees it. Hard to believe that they didn't learn any lessons from the past (from his dad). Bush needs to come out swinging and keep pounding Kerry with his (Kerry's) record.
It's not that Kerry's a great candidate. He's not. It's not that Kerry has a senatorial record he can be proud of. He doesn't. It's just that so many people hate George Bush that Jean Bertrand Aristede (former leader of Haiti) could give Bush a run for his money in the election.
By the way, one of the Clintons could be his running mate! Look for Kerry to announce Hilllary as his VP candidate. That will make that ticket the most liberal and dangerous presidential ticket in US history. :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:
The bad thing about the campaign this year - at least for the Republicans - is that there is no Democratic competion amongst themselves. All of the sh!tslinging that could go on within the party won't be present AND Kerry is now focused on a single opponent instead of fighting for the nomination.

HighRoller
03-11-2004, 11:10 AM
It's kind of silly to say Bush is screwing up because Kerry is leading in the "polls". We all know which way the polls lean, don't we? Wasn't Gay Davis leading Arnie in the "polls" before he got his ass handed to him? I say if the country didn't learn anything from Clinton, let them elect another liberal tax and spender and liar. This guy is a carbon copy of Clinton, and if Hilary is his running mate the press will give her the same kind of free reign the gays get. Bush has a solid record and the economy is booming, but if people want to listen to Dan Blather tell them the country is "hurting" and things are looking "dreaery" for the stock market, **** em. I know the truth, and I've tried to get a parking spot at the mall lately. It wasn't easy!!!

Dave C
03-11-2004, 11:38 AM
makes you dizzy huh.
If I was like Kerry..... being on the both side of every issue... then I would never lose an argument then.....;)

HighRoller
03-11-2004, 11:48 AM
He's worse than Clinton, who was on both sides of the issue. Kerry is on all four sides of the issue! He's against tax cuts, but wants to cut taxes for people who might vote for him. He's against tax increases but wants to increase taxes on people who probably won't vote for him. He's like freakin Gumby!!!!

Essex502
03-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
It's kind of silly to say Bush is screwing up because Kerry is leading in the "polls". We all know which way the polls lean, don't we? Wasn't Gay Davis leading Arnie in the "polls" before he got his ass handed to him? I say if the country didn't learn anything from Clinton, let them elect another liberal tax and spender and liar. This guy is a carbon copy of Clinton, and if Hilary is his running mate the press will give her the same kind of free reign the gays get. Bush has a solid record and the economy is booming, but if people want to listen to Dan Blather tell them the country is "hurting" and things are looking "dreaery" for the stock market, **** em. I know the truth, and I've tried to get a parking spot at the mall lately. It wasn't easy!!!
HR...let me say first: I WON"T VOTE DEMOCRATIC FOR ANY REASON. Now.. having said that some points need to be made:
The economy is NOT booming. The jobs report this week came in way UNDER expectations meaing new jobs are NOT being created. Also, the retail sector report today was woefully bad as well. The Dow Jones yesterday drop enough to wipe out all of the gains it has made this year and is down another 40 points today as I write this (12:05 PM). Companies are sending scores maybe hundreds of jobs offshore via outsourcing with no end in sight of this despicable practice. Budget deficits are predicted to be record amounts and our national debt is accelerating in the wrong direction. Bush needs a lot of help.
Energy crisis - Bush was on watch.
Record gasoline price spikes - Bush is on watch.
Dead and dying in Iraq - Bush is on watch.
Trade problems with Europe - Bush is on watch.
He needs to turn all of the above around.
BTW...all rational polls in CA pointedly showed Grey (sp) Davis far behind Arnold.
I agree with you that Kerry is not the man to do the job but Bush makes himself a pretty fair target.

HighRoller
03-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Wow, you really are scared by a few numbers, aren't you? Let's look at the big picture. The Dow jones was up 21% last year. NasDaq was up 43%. Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Target, Lowe's and several other big retailers have had double digit growth EACH QUARTER for 10 quarters in a row. The GDP went up more than it had in 19 years recently. Unemployment, brace yourself, is at THE EXACT SAME LEVEL as it was during the Clinton "economic boom". Housing starts and construction are up for the third quarter in a row and auto sales are at record levels. Now, you blame the deficit and the national debt on Bush as well? The debt has, is and always will skyrocket out of control because congress refuses to cut spending on anything! Their idea of a spending cut is to increase a program 4% instead of 6%. Energy crisis? Good grief, why don't we blame Bush for children stubbing their toes as well? Clinton allowed enviro-wackos free reign to prohibit, restrict and otherwise interfere with the whole energy sector for eight years! The reason for the energy crisis was because during the Clinton years not ONE new power plant went on line despite a 22% increase in demand. I'll go one further. Enron, World Con and other fraudulent companies all did their dirty business under Clinton's watch, even visited the white house and contributed. Nevertheless, Bush gets the blame. Clinton left the economy in a mess, look at the real numbers. The economic indicators were all declining two years before Bush got elected. If you actually believe what the TV tells you, you're on the wrong track. Network news shows make their living reporting bad news all day. The fact that you even mentioned yesterday's stock market happenings tells me you buy into the doom and gloom. The stock market goes up and down daily now because news shows tell us the sky is falling everytime the stocks burp and everyone sells in a panic! A wise man would look at yesterday's decline as an opportunity to buy!!! I'm not Bush fan #1 because he's selling our country to buy the Mexican vote, but vote for Kerry? The man is unable to go one day without personally insulting the president for his own gain, and he's supposed to represent our country? I'd rather have Al Gore than this guy. At least Al Gore isn't buddies with Hanoi Jane Fonda!!

Dr. Eagle
03-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
My neighborhood is predominantly republican (my family included) but most everyone is voting for Kerry becuase they are so pissed off about Bush's little Iraq adventure.. :(
RD
From my perspective, the Iraq adventure will encourage me to vote for Bush.
What has me concerned about him are the Immigration issues and spending. Even with that, I will still vote for him, although I certainly will be sending emails on those issues. At least He has balls...

eliminatedsprinter
03-11-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
Don't read too much into todays polls. This is the same point away from the election that Dole, Dukakus, and Mondale led the polls as well.:rolleyes:
This years Democratic primaries are getting record low turnouts. So much for that massive anti-bush groundswell. The dems nomi-weenie is being chosen mostly by people who wouldn't vote republican if they ran an Abraham Lincolin/Teddy Roosevelt ticket...:p

twistedpair
03-11-2004, 04:52 PM
MORE BUSH IN '04
That's my motto, I think I'll get some bumper stickers made up.
Am I better off today than I was 4 years ago? Uh, Yeah.
Is my lifestyle more secure today than it was 4 years ago? Thanks to our KICK ASS Armed forces and their Commander in Chief, I think so.
I'm not particularly thrilled with Dubya's pals Haliburton sucking so much money out of the slop pit with little to no competition, But it beats Bubba selling nuclear secrets to the Chi-Coms.
Overall, I can't bitch,
Bush-Cheney '04!

CA Stu
03-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Strengthen the military and cut taxes?
Sounds good to me.
Get me one of those "More Bush in 04" stickers, wouldya?
Thanks
CA Stu

MagicMtnDan
03-12-2004, 12:02 AM
I'll take a couple of those "More Bush in '04" stickers too
http://www.clubavalanche.com/forums/uploads/post-63-10776938120.gif

burbanite
03-12-2004, 06:58 AM
That goose wants to take away my guns and that's enough for me to steer people the other way. Can't vote yet because of my status but I sure as hell am not sitting on my ass, there are many ways of applying pressure.
If you are going to be a no good, two faced, lying, son-of a bitch, slime ball then at least have the decency to do pretend you're not.