PDA

View Full Version : Who would file a law suit over a cheeseburger?

BUSTI
03-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Can you belive it that our government actually has to debate the liability that MacDonalds may have for serving fat people cheeseburgers and fries! Has personal responsibility gone right out the window?
Whats next? This story is scary!
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,113836,00.html

HighRoller
03-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Sweet! My payday gets closer everyday. Soon, I'll be able to sue Hustler for Carpal tunnel syndrome! And that's just a warm-up. Using the SAME documents brought forth by the anti-tobacco zealots, which says cigarettes kill people, I'm going to sue every state that I ever bought a pack of cigarettes in. After all, if these things are SO dangerous and will kill us all regardless of the warnings, the states are liable for my health for allowing them to be sold within their borders!!!!

Her454
03-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by BUSTI
Can you belive it that our government actually has to debate the liability that MacDonalds may have for serving fat people cheeseburgers and fries! Has personal responsibility gone right out the window?
Whats next? This story is scary!
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,113836,00.html
Busti, you are actually questioning the mentality when McDonalds has already been sucessfully sued for their coffee being too hot with no warning labels?
Crazy but true. :mad:

Schiada76
03-10-2004, 05:21 PM
It's that bastard Ashcroft!! I know he's behind this, taking away our rights one at time!!!!!!:D :D :D

71 challenger
03-10-2004, 06:41 PM
What the %&#!, Lets hog up the courts with more crap. So common sense is no longer common. Its hard to believe the stuff people come up with. I guess being stupid will now be someone else's fault.

SoCalOffshore
03-10-2004, 07:52 PM
It is the f*cking attorneys!!! I just got a letter from AMEX settling a class action lawsuit over some BS and all the cardholers get $1 and the attorney gets $3 million. These a holes have been screwing us for years and we all pay them through high fees, higher insurance, high cost of goods sold. They are bloodsuckers! They need to outlaw class action law suites. Have a nice evening.:D